What’s the worst you’ve been angled?

2»

Comments

• Yes. When someone acts out of turn, their action is only binding if the action hasn't changed by the time it gets back to that person. When you went all in the action has changed. His all in was no longer binding.
  • edited August 2022
    A dealer in the rotation at a 'home game' burned the card after the flop. Then there was a distraction. Villain to my right of table counting their chips. Player X pointed out that Player Z was handling mucked cards. I made the mistake of not keeping me eyes on the dealer.

I made no accusations. Only that it odd that there was such an extended time between the burn and turn.

Possibly up to what seemed like two minutes as villain counted chips.
    Possible chatter to draw attention away from dealer from other players.

Dealer said the regular spiel. "I don't have to cheat to win"... I'm not accusing anyone of anything.
    Only that it odd that there was such an extended time between the burn and turn.

jhytrvxnxb5e.png

burn card, burn - A card that is removed from the top of the deck to keep the game fair and reputable.

Second dealing (also known as dealing seconds) is a method of manipulating a deck of cards during a card game by way of dealing the second, rather than the top card of the deck, usually for the purpose of gaining unfair advantages?
  • edited August 2022
    moose wrote: »
    Yes. When someone acts out of turn, their action is only binding if the action hasn't changed by the time it gets back to that person. When you went all in the action has changed. His all in was no longer binding.

angle - A permitted, but borderline unethical, play. Not to be confused with intentional unscrupulous deception.

angle shooting - Intentionally using an angle to exploit an opponent such as obscuring the size of their chip stack or acting out of turn. See acting out of turn.

acting out of turn - A player in poker that either announces their actions or physically plays before their turn (checks, folds etc.). Sometimes players act out of turn intentionally to get a read out of other players. When done intentionally, this is often referred to as "angle shooting".

talking smack - making provocative statement(s) attempting to tilt other players

https://gfycat.com/earnestshowyfrigatebird-instant-regret
  • thisORthat wrote: »
    A dealer in the rotation at a 'home game' burned the card after the flop. Then there was a distraction. Villain to my right of table counting their chips. Player X pointed out that Player Z was handling mucked cards. I made the mistake of not keeping me eyes on the dealer.

I made no accusations. Only that it odd that there was such an extended time between the burn and turn.

Possibly up to what seemed like two minutes as villain counted chips.
    Possible chatter to draw attention away from dealer from other players.

Dealer said the regular spiel. "I don't have to cheat to win"... I'm not accusing anyone of anything.
    Only that it odd that there was such an extended time between the burn and turn.

jhytrvxnxb5e.png

burn card, burn - A card that is removed from the top of the deck to keep the game fair and reputable.

Second dealing (also known as dealing seconds) is a method of manipulating a deck of cards during a card game by way of dealing the second, rather than the top card of the deck, usually for the purpose of gaining unfair advantages?

This is confusing. Are you suggesting that the dealer was manipulating the deck for another player in the hand?
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited August 2022
    ut oh, wonder what game he was at??? B) Was there any other tables that were having issues?

talking smack - making provocative statement(s) attempting to tilt other players

Or very normal banter at games I play at. All in good fun.
  • And why is "home game" in quotation marks? Are you implying it wasn’t at a real home? :/
    compueasemartinmc13
  • trigs wrote: »
    And why is "home game" in quotation marks? Are you implying it wasn’t at a real home? :/

Yep but if you notice 'home game' was in a single quote so single home as opposed to multi family home?
    trigs
  • compuease wrote: »
    ut oh, wonder what game he was at??? B) Was there any other tables that were having issues?

I thought the dealer at the other table did a pretty good job. And was very charitable with his donations all night.
    compueasetrigsmartinmc13
  • moose311 wrote: »
    compuease wrote: »

I thought the dealer at the other table did a pretty good job. And was very charitable with his donations all night.

What was the final number on "bad" calls? >:)
  • Odds are 51/50. You either win or loose; anything disproportionate ?
  • The burn cards on that deal being questioned were in view at all times. The card was burned, as the action was complete and then there was other discussion that delayed play.

Nothing nefarious and the seeming accusation is un-called for, in my opinion.

martinmc13
  • miks you were sitting to the right villain. Approximately 4 o'clock on that table drawing.
    Any possible bias in your opinion here?

I forget to ask for the dealer to keep the cards on the table at the beginning of the session in order to avoid any confusions.
  • Henry, this is uncalled for and as the "senior" member here I am appalled that you would even hint or suggest at cheating in these games. Not sure who the dealer was as I wasn't at the table but I would put my reputation on the line for anyone at Trigs's game as I know everyone well, except for you.

CUT IT OUT!
    thisORthatniks1martinmc13
  • Fortitude via humility and temperance!

edited August 2022
    No idea what you are really inferring here but I don't think I am amused by it. You are this close.

fsock4wv8lz1.gif

to this.

m0fg14ub2nbp.gif

niks1
    Fortitude via humility and temperance!

Quick question...

Which side of this videos ideology do you consider yourself to fall on?

Mark
  • >Which side of this videos ideology do you consider yourself to fall on?

A student of philosophy.
    miks you were sitting to the right villain. Approximately 4 o'clock on that table drawing.

I forget to ask for the dealer to keep the cards on the table at the beginning of the session in order to avoid any confusions.

I have zero bias. I could see the burn cards from where I was sitting. The deck was in the hand of the dealer.
    edited August 2022
    niks1 wrote: »
    thisORthat wrote: »
    miks you were sitting to the right villain. Approximately 4 o'clock on that table drawing.

I have zero bias. I could see the burn cards from where I was sitting. The deck was in the hand of the dealer.

After careful investigation by CSIS, FBI, DOJ, NRA, CRA and several other agencies, Case closed.
  • @thisORthat Henri, I've played with everyone at said game for a number of years. A good group of people, who play for the love of the game and enjoy each other's company. We travel and support each others games. We all play to win but would NEVER allow any type of cheating. I understand you lost a difficult hand but understand the villain had the same hand with flush and full house draws. Poker variance!

Please stop with accusations, this is a very tight community and nobody would risk their reputation over a single pot. Remember the dealer and the villain are not the same person, therefore your also suggesting collusion.

compueaseniks1trigsmartinmc13torontotablecpt
  • I guess poker isn't my game then---good game.
  • What possible motivation would the dealer have to allow another player to win the hand ?
    Every forum home game I have ever been to has been run with the utmost integrity and fairness. To suggest otherwise is disrespectful and insulting.
    niks1trigsmartinmc13
  • compuease wrote: »
    What was the final number on "bad" calls? >:)

At least 127. :)

compuease
  • Jamie, you're a good guy for sure, not like that dealer at the "other" table.. lol