KW Live home game interest...

May 1st, 2022
Cheers all. We had a bit of chat on here once Ontario opened up but then it seems to have died down. I'm curious how much interest there is out there in getting home games up and running here in KW. I don't know about you but would love to play some live poker especially with no sign of Ontario casinos opening their poker rooms.

Are you interested in live poker or is it too early with the pandemic ?

Is it just too busy during the summer ?

Is your vaccination status, shot or not causing an issue?

Is KW poker dying ?

Other thoughts ?
thisORthat
«1

Comments

  • Im up for games! I have been busy all summer with vacations and just busy . Im up for a house game!!
    beach2002thisORthat
  • I'm vaccinated and ready to play pretty much any time.
    I've been able to play a couple of times, but games have been few and far between.
    beach2002
  • You already know I'm in for live games... Just have to get past this little personal issue we're dealing with.

    Mark
    beach2002
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    You already know I'm in for live games... Just have to get past this little personal issue we're dealing with.

    Mark

    Penicillin should clear that right up...

    Bfillmafftorontotablecpt
  • In for Live Home games. 2x Vaccinated as well. From KWC area.
  • edited August 19
    Welcome to the forum karthikilan!

    You may want to take a peek at this thread re: vaccinations as well....

    https://pokerforum.ca/discussion/35228/fully-vaccinated-list/p1?new=1

    Mark
  • I'm interested in playing, particularly with "vaccinated fellow travelers".
    beach2002thisORthat
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum karthikilan!

    You may want to take a peek at this thread re: vaccinations as well....

    https://pokerforum.ca/discussion/35228/fully-vaccinated-list/p1?new=1

    Mark

    Hi @DrTyore , I have reviewed the above thread and please suggest how do i share my proof of vaccinations. Thanks.
  • Cheers all...

    Are you interested in live poker or is it too early with the pandemic ?
    Is your vaccination status, shot or not causing an issue?
    Is KW poker dying ?
    Other thoughts ?


    I'm interested but not euthanized. Err, I mean vaccinated.

    Is KW poker dying? I miss the Red Hot Poker Tour... waiting for Bollywood to produce another
    poker themed movie to spark interest in the hobby. I know, I know; Rounders was redemption
    story that just so happened to take place in the poker world of NYC...

    Private games will always be around... (just not open to any random Joe on the internet).
  • I'm sure private games will pick up. DrTyore has the right idea concerning vaccinated proof. Casinos are re-opening but poker will be the last thing they implement. If at all.
    thisORthat
  • Also by the sounds of it Ontario is going to be getting the vaccination passport so if you don't have your vaccinations yet KW games ARE going to be dying down for you. I know of people that are hosting games that dont care if you are vaccinated or not but are enforcing the "you must be vaccinated" rule because if you're not going to contribute to the safety of our society youre not invited to things I run I guess is the attitude. IMO this is going to become the norm if they do passports to make it easy for a people to check if you are vaccinated.
    martinmc13
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited August 29
    thisORthat wrote: »

    I'm interested but not euthanized. Err, I mean vaccinated.

    You're not vaccinated as yet? Wow, what's hold-up?
    Did you not get tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox as a child?

    Is KW poker dying? No, it is just on a Covid hiatus.


    Private games will always be around... (just not open to any random Joe on the internet).

    This I agree with for more reasons than one.



    beach2002martinmc13Addicted
  • compuease wrote: »

    You're not vaccinated as yet? Wow, what's hold-up?
    Did you not get tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox as a child?

    I'm for science and all of that acid jazz. Only hesitant to volunteer to be a guinea pig.

    The vaccination of children is up to the parents or guardians... kudos to a society that
    doesn't include children in it's state-of-the-art medical experiments (sarcasm).


    MrCaspan wrote: »
    Also by the sounds of it Ontario is going to be getting the vaccination passport...

    Very dandy how everyone has a smartphone.


    EdtheTed wrote: »
    DrTyore has the right idea concerning vaccinated proof.

    It's not unreasonable to take precautions during an international pandemic.
    Good thing all of those flights were put on emergency hold to prevent it's spread.


    MrCaspan wrote: »
    if they do passports to make it easy for a people to check if you are vaccinated.

    Implementation will be a circus. With privacy being a key issue. I'd imagine the end product/app(lication)
    NOT be able to withstand scrutiny from Electronic Frontier Foundation. Interesting times; well society could always get less despotic ?

  • Did you not get tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox as a child?

    Or were your parents using you as a guinea pig?

    P.S. they have already said you don't have to have a smartphone but will be able to carry a passport in your wallet/purse..
    thisORthat
  • compuease wrote: »
    Did you not get tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox as a child?

    Or were your parents using you as a guinea pig?

    P.S. they have already said you don't have to have a smartphone but will be able to carry a passport in your wallet/purse..

    Henry, let’s see a picture of your purse
    thisORthatniks1
  • thisORthat wrote: »
    compuease wrote: »

    You're not vaccinated as yet? Wow, what's hold-up?
    Did you not get tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox as a child?

    I'm for science and all of that acid jazz. Only hesitant to volunteer to be a guinea pig.

    The vaccination of children is up to the parents or guardians... kudos to a society that
    doesn't include children in it's state-of-the-art medical experiments (sarcasm).


    MrCaspan wrote: »
    Also by the sounds of it Ontario is going to be getting the vaccination passport...

    Very dandy how everyone has a smartphone.


    EdtheTed wrote: »
    DrTyore has the right idea concerning vaccinated proof.

    It's not unreasonable to take precautions during an international pandemic.
    Good thing all of those flights were put on emergency hold to prevent it's spread.


    MrCaspan wrote: »
    if they do passports to make it easy for a people to check if you are vaccinated.

    Implementation will be a circus. With privacy being a key issue. I'd imagine the end product/app(lication)
    NOT be able to withstand scrutiny from Electronic Frontier Foundation. Interesting times; well society could always get less despotic ?


    😞
    thisORthat
  • edited August 31
    compuease wrote: »
    P.S. they have already said you don't have to have a smartphone but will be able to carry a passport in your wallet

    Oh I didn't know that. I try to avoid 'the news'. Most of that tripe I don't need or care to know. Only news I get is from blips on CBC Radio One's hourly news before I change stations (to remain relatively sane). Or the odd time I click to the Reddit front page by mistake. /r/NoahGetTheBoat

    In my ignorant opinion the vaccine passport may as well include tuberculosis, whooping cough, and STI/D's?
    I bet some folks would prefer a tattoo over another ID card. /s

    That super-sisyphus is an epidemic on it's own.
  • I have suggested to my local M.P.P. That everyone should be branded once we have been double vaccinated.

    eynzcr730bkw.jpeg
    thisORthat
  • edited August 31
    I have suggested to my local M.P.P. That everyone should be branded once we have been double vaccinated.

    eynzcr730bkw.jpeg

    I think the unvaccinated should be branded (middle of the forehead would be good)!
    :P


    trigsToronto PimpBuzzzarddbeach2002compueaseniks1
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited August 31
    Henry to the front of the line...

    P.S. I'm thinking Henry is just trolling... Nobody can really think like that can they?
    trigsToronto PimpthisORthat
  • Gogie wrote: »
    I have suggested to my local M.P.P. That everyone should be branded once we have been double vaccinated.

    eynzcr730bkw.jpeg

    I think the unvaccinated should be branded (middle of the forehead would be good)!
    :P


    Branding for either “choice” is a scary thought…
    thisORthat
  • compuease wrote: »
    Henry to the front of the line...

    P.S. I'm thinking Henry is just trolling... Nobody can really think like that can they?


    Sadly, I think that people can think like that.......
    thisORthat
  • I think Henry would be more likely to take the horse deworming pills instead of the vaccination.

    Vaccination passport starting September 22nd in Ontario for indoor settings.
    thisORthat
  • so get ready for those without the papers to be ostracized even if it's okay to do so or not its going to happen.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I think Henry would be more likely to take the horse deworming pills instead of the vaccination.
    thisORthat wrote: »
    ... news ... on CBC Radio One's
    I bet some folks would prefer a tattoo over another ID card. /s

    CBC = Canadian Fox News /s [denotes sarcasm]
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    for those without the papers

    Interesting choice of words...

  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited September 2
    Lets not get political on here. Just understand whether you like it or not the unvaccinated will most likely not be allowed to home games. It's their choice the same as it was the unvaccinated choice to not get vaccinated. Each side will need to deal with the consequences of their actions. There is nothing else to discuss. so can we stop the edge walking please. This it just going to get political somehow and Im sick of hearing about it to be honest and politics keeps flooding every single thing I enjoy.

    Its 100% up to home game host to choose who they want in their house. PokerForum is providing a badge to those that have proven they are vaccinated to make it easier for hosts to not have to ask for proof. There is nothing else to talk about.
    martinmc13
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Lets not get political on here. Just understand whether you like it or not the unvaccinated will most likely not be allowed to home games. It's their choice the same as it was the unvaccinated choice to not get vaccinated. Each side will need to deal with the consequences of their actions. There is nothing else to discuss. so can we stop the edge walking please. This it just going to get political somehow and Im sick of hearing about it to be honest and politics keeps flooding every single thing I enjoy.

    Its 100% up to home game host to choose who they want in their house. PokerForum is providing a badge to those that have proven they are vaccinated to make it easier for hosts to not have to ask for proof. There is nothing else to talk about.

    Dude, don't waste a second of your life stressing or getting upset about this guy. That's exactly what he's after. Don't feed the troll.
    martinmc13
  • To be honest I am not upset just tired of hearing this every single day. Smarter people then us have figured this out already but we seem to keep having the discussion every day based on our knowledge and interpretation of the science. Theres no point any more. If someone chooses to ignore the science then nothing we will do will convince them of our choice to trust science. Its such a wasted time by either side and just drives a wedge. IMO obviously its just wasted breath by both sides and ends up being political and each side just getting ugly because the other side wont listen so name-calling and personal attacks happen. Let's just move on with our lives and deal with the choices we have made and realize they were our choices so its no one elses fault for you choosing your choice for your reasons. It is what it is now. I feel like each side wants to continue to throw mud at the other side for their decisions causing each side to divide further. I think we just need to move on.
    compueaseAddicted
  • I completely get what your saying, but I'm personally not comfortable which just playing ignorant or pretending there's no issue. I suck at that. But that's just me and maybe you're right that there's no reason to keep up the debate. Do what you got to do.
    BuzzzarddAddicted
Sign In or Register to comment.