Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• Skill game!!

Mr. Caspan is owed the $5 bounty!

Mark
  • re: skill game!! / also tonight's results

Yes skill(s) is part of the game but so is attempting to undermind your opponents confidence.
    And tricks like continually heedlessly tanking to test your opponents patience...

In my limtied gameplay with jamie4780 HU it seems like he raises to 2.3bb preflop
    with any two cards. Then gets fancy premium hands. He got AK twice within the ~ 60hand HU session.

The first one I got lucky. Second one held...

6dyk6qn01923.png
  • how can i join this? i have a pokerstars account as well
  • You are invited to join our private poker club for Home Games online.

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com
    - Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
    - Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
    - Enter my Club ID number: 3221940
    - Enter my Invitation Code: WeWillSurvive

Or launch this URL: pokerstars://home-games/invite/3221940/WeWillSurvive.

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.
    If you want to find out more, visit pokerstars://resolve/0/home-games-intro.

You then must either transfer to me on pokerstars or etransfer. It is $5. per game, no rake. If you look at the other thread you will see how we track.
  • thanks, i've sent a request to join
  • shankargv wrote: »
    thanks, i've sent a request to join

Accepted..
  • compuease wrote: »
    shankargv wrote: »
    thanks, i've sent a request to join

Accepted..

thanks, but my status shows suspended though
  • You haven't transferred any funds
    thisORthat
  • thisORthat wrote: »
    re: skill game!! / also tonight's results

Yes skill(s) is part of the game but so is attempting to undermind your opponents confidence.
    And tricks like continually heedlessly tanking to test your opponents patience...

Everyone can play the game they care to play. I know myself I've annoyed people with how long I take to make decisions in live poker after I've had more rum than is necessary. When I've been made aware of this I've tried to correct it because it's not life changing money and it's usually games among friends.

As for these online games, if someone is trying to fine-tune a strategy around what is essentially non-cardplay aspects (table patter, tilt induction, etc,) its as good a place to workshop it as any. It might upset some players though.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »

As for these online games, if someone is trying to fine-tune a strategy around what is essentially non-cardplay aspects (table patter, tilt induction, etc,) its as good a place to workshop it as any. It might upset some players though.

Mark
    Best way to knock someone off their game is to get it in bad and suck out on them. Works out everytime..
    thisORthat

I did no such thing. Thanks for playing.
    compueasethisORthat
    You haven't transferred any funds

can you please let me knoe the id I need to transfer to?
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited January 2022
    Do you mean on stars or cash?

Sent you email.
  • Dreamlivin and I chopped tonight.
  • edited January 2022
    I see Tuesday night's games have been discontinued. No problem but I was wondering
    if it was unpopular because of PLO or just not workable for other players schedules?
    I see Tuesday night's games have been discontinued. No problem but I was wondering
    if it was unpopular because of PLO or just not workable for other players schedules?

We just haven't been getting more than a couple of people. Would more people play if I made it the same as Friday's NL rebuy?
    thisORthat
  • I don't play Tuesday because we basically go to bed too early during the week.

I wouldn't hate some plo on Fridays now and then

Mark
  • I say #JokerStars are a joke but find it quite queer loosing over 80% of 'flips' where I'm 90% favourite.
    Perhaps my maths are off? Folks on /r/Poker say; "well, 90% isn't 100%". Righto buckerino but something seems awry?

Seat 3: M.Itsame (5287 in chips)
    Seat 5: Young Grimmm (13958 in chips)
    Seat 6: ThisOrThat2001 (6541 in chips)
    Seat 7: moodeyj (6281 in chips)
    Seat 8: BWS35 (7933 in chips)
    M.Itsame: posts the ante 30
    Young Grimmm: posts the ante 30
    ThisOrThat2001: posts the ante 30
    moodeyj: posts the ante 30
    BWS35: posts the ante 30
    BWS35: posts small blind 125
    M.Itsame: posts big blind 250
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to ThisOrThat2001 [Jh Jd]
    Young Grimmm: folds
    ThisOrThat2001: raises 500 to 750
    moodeyj: calls 750
    BWS35: folds
    M.Itsame: folds
    *** FLOP *** [Th 3d 9h]
    ThisOrThat2001: checks
    moodeyj: bets 2025
    ThisOrThat2001: raises 3736 to 5761 and is all-in
    moodeyj: calls 3476 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (260) returned to ThisOrThat2001

uyvjow0n7n3t.png
  • Anyone want any of their balance on Stars? I have too much on there from so many funding their home game account.
  • are home games on here still running?
  • occasionally on Friday evenings..
  • If anyone is interested on here, my friends have a WhatsApp group chat for Pstars home game that has 5 or 6 guys constantly (18 in the group) and could use a couple extra to get a full table. We normally do $100 sit and go style. Let me know if you're interested (normally starts between 9-9:30) and if there are other nights you guys play and I would join
  • We have played 264 games since Covid started but interest has waned along with Covid it seems. There may be a couple of guys who would be interested in an online $100. game but I would think not many.
  • no worries, keep me posted and I can send home game details out
  • Feel free to create a new thread if you like.
    We have played 264 games since Covid started but interest has waned along with Covid it seems. There may be a couple of guys who would be interested in an online $100. game but I would think not many.

We have a few people looking to play tonight! Login ppl!!

Mark
  • what is the time and buy in?
  • what time ?
  • we might have game at 930 tn, $100 buy in, anyone interested?