Comp's week at the WSOP and elsewhere, May 31-June 7

Comments

• Thinking today I may just play cash or a smaller one later.. Need food now.
  • So if my math is right V is about 19% to hit his flush on the river (just under 5-1 odds). He’s betting 280K to win 442K so he’s getting odds of just less than 1.6 to 1. I’d say that’s a pretty dumb call on his part and I’ll take your odds every time in that situation. You can’t bemoan dumb luck; just get it in good and hope the poker gods reward good play.

Edit - I did’t bother to look at V’s hand before the river. With top pair and the 2nd nut flush draw plus a gut straight draw he had a lot of outs. He was still taking a huge risk regardless of what he put you on.
  • On the turn you are 80% to win the hand . Kinda depends what the villain has put you on, probably doesn’t have you raising 9-10 if you have been playing snug. Maybe he has you AJ hearts and thinks his pair is good ?

Seems like a bad spot to punt off 75% of your stack with a call......but Donkey’s be Donk’n .

Again you got it in being 80 - 20 to win the hand ....can’t ask for much better than that.

the variance will even out eventually.
  • Correction., I didn't raise, I called a raise with one other caller before me, then the BB called as well. I can't believe the cash game waiting lists here everywhere. I'm just going to play here at Bally's since I can get paged. List was 28 when I got on, I'm 5th now. Everywhere on Bravo is worse.
  • If I was reading it right that there is 13 million cash pool for the Big 50!!! that is going to be a huge win!
  • Just a quick update, decided to take Monday off from tournaments, was too tilted to play right i think. Just played cash and was up a measly 240 for the day.. Did have the buffet in Paris as I had earned enough through play at Bally's..
  • just ship me the 5% of $240... cheers...
    haha
  • folded wrote: »
    just ship me the 5% of $240... cheers...
    haha

‘I think we even get a piece if he buys a lottery ticket.
  • As per schedule I am heading for Golden Nugget to play BigO.

And yes I bought a lottery tickets for the big draw last night and won, but no I'm not sharing.
  • And I'm wearing my lucky beat up fedora today for the first time.
  • In and playing.
  • Kinda crazy for sure. 3 all ins at my table already.. gamblers for sure.
  • Just took a 3/4 pot. Up a bit.
  • 209 entries so far, just over double the guarantee.
  • Go Comp Go. Lucky hat gonna make us RICH .
  • Just scooped a hand with AQJ23, 2 clubs, all in on the flop of 7,8,2 two clubs, made the flush on the river. Now at 28k, blinds just about to go 4/800. Hat is working so far.

Just about to go to LVL10, 8/1600, I'm at 42,500. Grinding and really only playing 2 way hands in position.
  • way to go comp, keep the grind going!! Congrats on the cash games, 5 bucks is 5 bucks eh!!
  • Comp, are ya having fun ? Any good meals ?
  • Sorry guys, just busted after dinner break, on the way back to Bally's, will update with details... Got in ahead again on the flop and didn’t hold, my low got counter fitted on the river and my straight ended up losing to a turned full house.

Update at 9:35 Pacific time.

Busted at level 15, blinds 3/6000, I had just over 200K maybe twice avg stack, in the SB with AK982 double suited clubs and spades, raise from the UTG+1 to 15K, he covers, one caller before me, I call, should I have potted then? Not sure. BB calls, so 60K in the pot. Flop comes 7,6,5 two clubs. I check hoping some one bets, initial raiser pots the 60K, the caller to my right re-pots and I get it all in for less, I have the nuts at the moment. Initial raiser ,thinks and calls. He has A,3 and a set of 6's, guy to my right has a set of sevens and no low even?? Turn 5, river 2. At first I thought I got quartered but noooo, got the low counter fitted by the guy with A,3 and my straight beat by the guy with the naked set of sevens...
    After thinking about it on the way back, I should have potted pre and been happy if I took it down. However we were still quite a ways from the money and I was being both cautious and hoping for a double up by hitting a good flop. Opinions from those more experienced than I?
  • The leak in your game is in getting it in ahead. You need to get it in behind and suckout.
  • Well, truth be told I did get it in behind earlier and did suckout so I guess I was even... I never remember those..

8 and half hours of patience down the drain... Damn.. If only they had both held I think I might have been the chip leader with over 600K of a total of 3.1M and about 40 players left, paid 23 I think.
  • On my way to the Rio to play the weekly 9am seniors, hope they get enough players to run it..
  • Is this the OMC tournament??... 50 old guys just sitting at a table drinking coffee talking about when poker was good and folding 99% of a normal players range..

:)
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Is this the OMC tournament??... 50 old guys just sitting at a table drinking coffee talking about when poker was good and folding 99% of a normal players range..

:)
    F U Caspan.... keep up like this and you won't make it to 50..
  • Bwhahaha, GL also!
  • get your head out of you a*& and win us some money!!! hahah GL
  • Hey Comp you played the hand correctly IMO. Your equity was 73% after the flop. See http://www.propokertools.com/simulations that I ran below. On the flip side if you repotted pre-flop and the initial raiser does not fold you would be only 55%.

Tough one but good luck today! #rungood

5-Card Omaha Hi/Lo Simulation ?
    561 trials (Exhaustive)
    board: 5c6h7c
    Hand Equity Scoops Wins Hi Ties Hi Wins Lo Ties Lo
    Ac2cKs8s9d 73.04% 265 333 34 465 9
    Ad3d6s6cQs 11.36% 3 36 0 87 9
    4c5s7d7h9h 15.60% 0 158 34 0 0

5-Card Omaha Hi/Lo Simulation ?
    850,668 trials (Exhaustive)
    Hand Equity Scoops Wins Hi Ties Hi Wins Lo Ties Lo
    Ac2cKs8s9d 55.09% 336,280 466,003 3,445 240,041 12,159
    Ad3d6s6cQs 44.91% 245,445 381,220 3,445 219,650 12,159
  • Comp’s Old Guy Tournament got 450 entries. Wow, the old age homes must be empty.

good luck Sir.
  • 28k... 467 entries.
  • 2nd break 35k. 5/1/1K