Comp's week at the WSOP and elsewhere, May 31-June 7

Comments

• Comp, where are the prunes ? You must stay regular.

good luck, play well and represent the Rocks with pride.
  • Damn I forgot those although then I would have to change the diaper at the table.

20 min to go time, stoked to run my AA into KK... you know the rest.
  • Nope, was up to 53000 first line level back to 48 now.
  • Back to 55k
  • Comp, have fun today. But also kick some ass of zee Russians. You will know they are Russian because they smell like old cheese and have long claws.
  • 58,300 at first break.
  • 2nd break, 56.9k coming back to 400/800/800.
    All flights sold out including tomorrow and line for reentry today looks to be about 200. This whole place is packed, I have never seen it like this.
  • 61.5, slowly chipping up. But because of registrations now this is playing more like a freeze out, not what I was expecting or hoping.
  • Slow and steady wins the race. Good job. Only thing you need to do is make day 2 with more chips than you started with.
  • Down to 53, blinds now 500/1000/1000. Looking for double up soon.
  • Keep it up comp. All you have to do is survive.

How do you find the preflop aggressiveness? Is there lots of 3bets/4bets?
  • trigs wrote: »
    Keep it up comp. All you have to do is survive.

How do you find the preflop aggressiveness? Is there lots of 3bets/4bets?

Lots of pre-loaded raises, not many limps at all, some 3 bets and a very odd 4 bet.
  • Coming back from 3rd break in the BB to 6/12/12 and 46k so M of 15. Go to soon. That lest 2 levels was horrible, just nothing to play at all.
  • Just doubled up from the big blind with A,10, raise from the cutoff to 2800, I defend flop A,10 rag, I lead out for 3500 hoping he has an A and he reraise to 11k, I shove, he sigh calls and I hold. Now at 75k
  • They also announced they will not have the 75 min dinner break until after lvl 10, then play 3 more levels after that. long way to go yet. Chip leader at my table has about 125K.
  • Well that hurt, a lot..

Next level, 8/16/16, I have about 68k, call a raise with 9's after one other caller to 3900 in position and get a 972, 2hearts flop.. initial bettor, bets 11k, caller in between calls and I think and decide to call and make sure turn doesn't get a heart. Turn black 4, initial bettor shoves, other guy folds and I snap... what does he have, pocket Q's and of course you know what comes on the river? Yep... Sorry guys, if I win that think I would have had about 170k similar to the table chip leader...
  • 2 freaking outter, damn.... Did you have him covered comp or are you out now?
  • I was left with 5K and got it in 2 hands later with Q,10, called by J,8 suited and he hits an 8... Inconsequential..
  • Good try. You got it in ahead. That’s all you can hope for. Go have a nice dinner.
  • OK registered for the Goliath $50K at PHO. See attached entry and pic of where I will be sitting later this evening.
  • Looks good. Will it be televised? 😜
  • 50k in a day.

Good luck. Are they doing the tourney up on the 2nd floor ?

Have big FUN too.
  • Yes they and are smashing the guarantee, 308 entries now and lots in line.

Still going up 360 now and prize pool of 80k
  • Smashing the guarantee, and still about 100 in line, and more coming, May hit 150k I think. FYI I am running low on power and forgot my charger back in my room so may run out soon. I am at 28k at the moment. Down to 13k and double up on a draw that hit, finally.
  • Sorry guys, been kinda busy and almost out of phone power as I forgot my charger in my room. Have been up and down all day, now sitting at 75BB, final total of buyins is 650 something, triple the 50K guarantee I believe. Lots of people who couldn't get into the Big 50 came here and lot's like myself as well who busted out. I could have been at about 125BB if my attempts to take out short stacks worked, twice I go in ahead but doubled them up, the last one just before a break, small shoved 13BB, I had A,8 in BB and though about and finally called. He has K,6, we flop A,10,x, turn J, river Q giving him the str8. Another one earlier, I had pocket 8's, called a 10BB shove from 7's and he hits a 7. Another, new guy came to the table with 20BB, I limped early with AKd, in late position, he think about it and shoves A,5, folded to me, i call, he hits his 5. This could have been so much better. I likely won't get to update until it's over unless i can borrow a charger. With all the rebuys which just ended there are still about 400 in it.
  • Wow..... straight flush beat by royal flush at Planet Hollywood. Looks like tournament chips. Hope our boy had the pocket Aces.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PH_POKER/status/1135337256774823936
  • Hope you're having fun comp, sounds like some fun poker!
  • Comp.....just the 2 in the middle are available tonight. I gave them your room number and told them what time to arrive.

9AA2F79F-DDEE-4592-B253-FE51C4A9C7AC.png
  • Wow..... straight flush beat by royal flush at Planet Hollywood. Looks like tournament chips. Hope our boy had the pocket Aces.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PH_POKER/status/1135337256774823936

No that wasn't me, either way, I didn't even know it until I read it here. Sorry my phone was dead so there were no more updates until now and I was too sickened by the result anyways.

Got to level 16 at about 10pm Vegas time and this really hurt. I had 317K, 2.5K/5K/5K blinds. I'm on the button with 9,10c, raise to 12K from mid position, 1 caller between, I call as does V in BB, covers us all. So 54k in the middle. Flop comes, 8,J,K, rainbow.
    Initial raiser continues with 36K bet, I decide to call and so does BB. so now 162K in the pot, and I have about 280 left, turn 7 hearts. Checked to me and I shove thinking there's enough in there for me and 2 hearts now out there with possible higher str8 draw. BB thinks and calls off 75% of his stack with KQ hearts. F'in 3h on the river and again I am out short of the money by about 40 ppl I think... Win that one and I'm coasting in, I don't think I could call in his spot there, am I wrong?