Site suggestion thread

Comments

• @moose, can you try again to upload a photo from your computer? I have verified that all users have unlimited quota for uploads, you are also a member of a group called registered/Full Memeber users and that is set to unlimited. I have moved the attachments form that database to the file system of the server as their support said sometimes this causes an issue. I hope you will get no error this time!
  • moose wrote: »
    When you click on new posts there are two links to new posts on that screen. The one on the left next to the search button doesn't work. It is superfluous anyways because there are two links on the screen.

This one was a simple solve :) the "New Posts" that you are seeing beside the search is a bread crumb and not a link. It tells you where you are in the forum currently. IE go into a couple of forums and look at a thread then look at this bar. It's just there to tell you where you are. It is kind of confusing though. everything before the page you are on is a link but the page you are on is not a link. I might make this a link just in case a user click on it to go back to the same page they are on it wont confuse them
  • Now the 'likes' are gone too!? What is this forum coming to? :D
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    This one was a simple solve :) the "New Posts" that you are seeing beside the search is a bread crumb and not a link. It tells you where you are in the forum currently. IE go into a couple of forums and look at a thread then look at this bar. It's just there to tell you where you are. It is kind of confusing though. everything before the page you are on is a link but the page you are on is not a link. I might make this a link just in case a user click on it to go back to the same page they are on it wont confuse them

It would be less confusing if it didn't highlight when dragging the mouse over it.
    It would be less confusing if it didn't highlight when dragging the mouse over it.

Yeah let me try to figure out a way to make that last level of bread crumb not show up.. as you said its kind of useless info. Also i saw that you uploaded some pictures so glad that is working!!
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Now the 'likes' are gone too!? What is this forum coming to? :D

haha that's next on my list. I have to update the plugin so that it works with the new version of the forum. I disabled them because they were not working anyways. That shoudl be the last bug! then I can move onto upgrades!!! Sorry all
    haha that's next on my list. I have to update the plugin so that it works with the new version of the forum. I disabled them because they were not working anyways. That shoudl be the last bug! then I can move onto upgrades!!! Sorry all

No need for sorry, you are bringing us into the new millennium and I certainly appreciate your efforts.

I was just breaking your balls, it's all good. But I do need my dopamine rush from getting those sweet, sweet internet points.
  • I would like your post but someone broke that feature !!!
  • Also I don't think Thread Jail is supposed to be visible...cue everyone going and checking it out...
  • Is the mobile version and desktop display suppose to be very different in appearance? Mobile version looks a lot like the old taptalk display.
  • How do you view PM's in mobile version?
  • Sorry how do create PM's in mobile version.
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Is the mobile version and desktop display suppose to be very different in appearance? Mobile version looks a lot like the old taptalk display.

It's not exactly a true mobile version but a really really lightweight version. Meaning less graphics, a really really dumbed down interface. It doubles as a mobile interface. It should look way different then the full site
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Sorry how do create PM's in mobile version.

In mobile version hit the Menu > User CP > Private Messages > Send New Message (it's at the bottom)
  • Now that MrCaspan is breathing new life into the forum, what does everyone think about allowing a decent signature? Two lines, no images, no links seems a bit stringent.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Now that MrCaspan is breathing new life into the forum, what does everyone think about allowing a decent signature? Two lines, no images, no links seems a bit stringent.

sounds good, I would like to put a picture of my penis in my signature.
  • We really need the like button back.
  • sounds good, I would like to put a picture of my penis in my signature.

From what comp says, you only need a one line signature for that.
    From what comp says, you only need a one line signature for that.

100% correct. Some people have a shlong...... I have a shlort.
  • Looks like I have the Like Plugin working again!! Please test and let me know by liking the crap out of this post
  • Dislike works too.
  • @moose what part does not work... what happens when you click on the arrow? Below is what I see...

Annotation 2019-05-24 150826.png
    @moose what part does not work... what happens when you click on the arrow? Below is what I see...

Annotation 2019-05-24 150826.png

Seems to be working now. Magic.
  • testing
  • test again

ok this is the bug. if you make a new post, you can not immediately click on that arrow button, I get this redirect:

http://pokerforum.ca/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=34530#top

and I get a blank screen.

If I reload the page, then I can click on it and it works properly.

If I edit an existing post, it redirects to the top of the thread but I don't get a blank screen.

This is that redirect:

http://pokerforum.ca/threads/34530-Site-suggestion-thread?p=412876#top

Again if I refresh the page then it works properly.
  • Yeah I seem to be noticing the same bug, If i edit then save a post then click this arrow it takes me to the top of the page.. Weird. Ill investigate!