The Compound presents - "Merry Xmas Madness 2018" - Sat. Jan 19th at 2pm (K/W)

2»

Comments

• Unfortunately, I need to bow out Rob.

Steve "Shtebs"
  • Hey Rob looks like it's just me and 2 others. Forgot the address since it's been a yr pm me plz and thx cya tmrw
  • I'll take a spot please. Will need address also.
  • So 2 of my 4 people bowed out. And the 3rd hasn't been seen for weeks so probably won't show. Back to just 1 "+1".
  • Nicole and I won't be coming, snowed-in in Hamilton
  • Thanks for the heads up! I hope everyone stays safe!!
  • The poor weather caused a number of last minute cancellations and, when all was said and done, we ended up with 23 donks, competing for the title of Biggest Donk (oh, and MXM Champion)

We hit a record for largest "Red Chip", as Adam moved to DrTyore's right, and pulled the Red Chip from the "Night Before Xmas", causing DrTyore's 46,000 chips to swap with Adam's stack of just over 10K. DrTyore is not unfamilar with this happening. (Having now lost nearly 80k in chips in MXMs, but he was still left with a healthy stack.

At dinner break, DataMn bested DirtyJ in a best of 3 series to be the 2019 Dinner Donkament Champion, adding 25,000 to his stack going in the, mostly-real poker portion of the tournment.

As play approached the Final Table, a double elimination of Zithal and Adam W, brought us to 10 players. Dreamlivin bubbled the Final table after yet another pair over pair confrontation ended poorly for him.

This brought us to the money bubble, which Big E was more than happy to provide.

As play winded down, it was defending champion kwmatt vs. DrTyore for the title. After a heated battle, seeing the ship lead bounce back and forth, a deal was struck with kwmatt taking 1st place and the title of Repeat MXM Champion! Congrats!!

Offical results and payouts:

1st - kwmatt ($260)**
    2nd - DrTyore ($210)**
    3rd - beanie42 ($120)
    4th - DataMn ($95)
    5th - J ($70)
    6th - ItsaMe ($50)
    7th - Lenny ($30)
    8th - SeekTheGrail ($20)
    9th - Big E
    10th - dreamlivin
    11th - Zithal
    12th - Adam W
    13th - Moose
    14th - Shapiro
    15th - TheRussian
    16th - DirtyJ
    17th - Pinhead
    18th - MrCaspan
    19th - Kanga
    20th - Flash05
    21st - magithighs
    22nd - 8Ball
    23rd - thisOrThat

Thanks to all that came out. Look for our 2019 Season to officially kick off in February!
  • Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this on Zithal, was a fun night! Cant wait for the next one!
  • Just so the CDC can track down patient zero... which one of you fuckers gave me the plague?

Been home two days with a 102.9 temperature..... anyone else ill?

Mark
  • It was probably whoever packaged your rum bottle
  • DataMn wrote: »
    It was probably whoever packaged your rum bottle

Considered that, but a chest infection, fever of 103 and an abdominal ultrasound is a bit over the top for a hangover!

Mark