The Compu-Side Pimp Vegas Trip

2»

Comments

• Wait until he posts his day 3/4 swing, well actually it started in Day 3 Wednesday and finished like about 9am Thursday while I was playing my good old Excalibur $40. tournament. I did this one because I had to do some shopping for the wife there aaaand I just had to play it since I naturally dominate. You get 5K chips, blinds start at 25/50 and go up every 15 min. 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 200/400, 400/800, 1/2K, 2/4K, you get the picture. Certainly not like the Wynn, lol but I have so much good luck there it is a must for me to play once there each trip. 34 entries including reentries. It always amazes my how so many people blind down to 2-3BB's before they play. We get to final table and 5 of us have 25-30 BB's and 5 have 2-5BB's. They only play 4 places people... Finishing 5th to 10th gets you nothing but a waste of time. lol. Anyways, not much poker as I don't remember details of a tournament like this, I just kept shoving almost anything not opened before me as I had the biggest stack on my left. Finally we get down to 4, I'm 2nd in chips and a deal is proposed basically getting us all a little more than 2nd place money. Good to go as I wanted to find out where Conrad and Mike were.
    Summary, tournament has no play, totally just luck, lots of dead money, but damn I can actually beat the rake... I think..
  • P.S. I placed 3rd and cashed in a $75 daily Tuesday at Bally's where we were slumming with Mike. (Apparently he usually doesn't stay in as classy a place, you should have seen the size of his room, big enough for a whole army of midgets.) With 3 left, (I had the lead) the other 2 tried to propose a deal where I think 1st was $550, can't recall the other 2 numbers but I countered with, since I'm the chip leader I'll take $600 and you 2 split the rest any way you want and I'll take care of the tip. They almost went for it until the one ladies husband who was waiting for her spoke up. Well I tried, it would have been epic.. A couple of hands later she shoved with A,3, I called with A,10 and she hit the damn 3... I guess it was karma for trying to be greedy, but I did want a story to tell. Out a couple of hands later when I shoved with 10,8 suited, into the other guys KK.
  • Don't defend BB anymore than you are supposed to. Ante is already in the pot and is considered dead money, BB ante basically is the size of the BB, which is usually how much it is if everyone ante'd themselves individually.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Don't defend BB anymore than you are supposed to. Ante is already in the pot and is considered dead money, BB ante basically is the size of the BB, which is usually how much it is if everyone ante'd themselves individually.

Wes, I agree with you 100%.... but..... it just feels like you should defend so wide because you have 6000 already in a 9000 pot. You have to remove the emotional attachment to the dead money.... but it is hard to do.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Don't defend BB anymore than you are supposed to. Ante is already in the pot and is considered dead money, BB ante basically is the size of the BB, which is usually how much it is if everyone ante'd themselves individually.
    You're probably right (I definitely shouldn't be arguing tournament strat with you). I get that it works out to the same in the long run but when I'm sitting with 20BBs or less and shorthanded with few tables left my button range is going to change if I'm posting BB plus BB ante.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  • So.... we are flying home Thursday night on the red eye and it is Wednesday evening.

We had done a few credit card roulette’s for meals and Comp decided not to join us for our last dinner but let us use his credit card for the roulette. We had a reservation at Carbone in the Aria, this is one of my favourite places to eat in Vegas. The food and service is second to none.

Sadly Comp lost the credit card roulette and ..............
  • Wes, I agree with you 100%.... but..... it just feels like you should defend so wide because you have 6000 already in a 9000 pot. You have to remove the emotional attachment to the dead money.... but it is hard to do.

6000 in 15000.
  • So..... after our amazing dinner we went down to the high limit room at Aria and a bunch of the young internet wizards were also being degenerate playing blackjack.

I was down to my last 3500 and had all the next day to get thru so with my amazing bankroll management skills I bought in for 3300. Now the drinking begins , shot of Don Julio and a Vodka Cranberry..... had many many drinks. We are going up and down for hours, I had no idea what time it was. Finally around 9:30 am I had to stop playing because I couldn’t see the cards anymore and I could not stand up straight. I was told I left Comp an incoherent voice message and that my texts were not readable.

This was the end result.......
  • 55D12E9D-487A-438C-A87F-B361327D0D3D.jpeg

Ended up getting everything back at the Aria blackjack table.... the next day Conrad and I were still drunk till about 4pm. We all decided to go play some poker at Bellagio. Comp won during his last session, I had my first winning poker session of the whole trip making an $85 profit and Conrad had a small $200 loss his last session.

We we had lots of fun and I would travel again with Comp and Wes anytime, they are both gentlemen .
  • 55D12E9D-487A-438C-A87F-B361327D0D3D.jpeg

Ended up getting everything back at the Aria blackjack table....

Sweeeeeeeet!!
  • Still no talk about midgets?

and all I know is Conrad and I muled back the same amount as we muled there so I think Mike did just fine overall, as he was paying cash for everything as well.

Mike is a solid gentleman also... I saw him watching a live feed Roxie several times and anyone who loves his dog that much is fine by me. The stories he told of his childhood and young adulthood were fascinating.
  • Comp, why would you bring up the midget stuff. Nothing happened , not for lack of looking or trying. It was a very slow midget week. Hopefully next time there are better midget options.

I will be out of town again next week........

Orlando 2018
  • Btw Jeff - you should just move there and play everything at Excalibur...seems like you just print money there
  • Forgot one other significant hand at Caesars where Conrad and Mike were playing 2/5 and I was playimg 1/2 300 max.. Think it was Tuesday but not sure as days run into nights run into days and so on. :). Up to about $450., on the button with 8,8. Fairly aggressive lady who I think was a reg in the 10 seat (UTG+1) raises to 12 which was pretty standard for the table, 3 callers to me, I call. Flop A,K,8 rainbow. Looking real good I'm thinking.. She bets $55., 1 caller to me, of course I hollywood a little and call. Turn rag, she bets $75, I raise to $160., she thinks and shoves, I call, she turns over A,K.. River A, damn... Leaves me about $55. disgusting, approx $900. swing, between this hand and the 3rd vs 1st finish in the $75. that was about a $1200. diff and instead of being about even in poker I would have come home with a nice profit... I know, I know, bad beats are part of poker right DJ?
  • Same session Jeff just mentioned I flopped quad 6’s in the cash game and made 35 bucks in the 2–5 game.

i also lost to a royal flush at Bellagio the first night. Thank God the guy only had 300 bucks because I flopped 3 Aces with 2 in my hand. Never folding but money went in on the turn.