The Compu-Side Pimp Vegas Trip

Will try to update in this thread.

Taking bets on last longest in the Monday $550 Wynn tournament (first bullet only)

Comp -225
Conrad -110
Westside +200
Pimp +200

Comments

• Will also try to update this thread with shenanigans, arrests, hooker stories, maybe even some poker hands...
  • taking comp for $10 please. better than 1.8 markup in a 10k turbo #zing

Good luck to all of you.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    taking comp for $10 please. better than 1.8 markup in a 10k turbo #zing

Good luck to all of you.

Booked.
  • Pressure.... I'm feeling pressure...
  • Looks like we will have perfect weather. 108-110 with no rain every day.
  • Looks like we will have perfect weather. 108-110 with no rain every day.
    Perfect for what... cooking eggs?
  • Safe fun travels all. cool to see Comp back in Vegas again.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Safe fun travels all. cool to see Comp back in Vegas again.

Thanks, getting pumped now.. Realized that there are 2 WJ flights leaving at the same time this evening, WJ1118 and WJ1122, 3 of us on 1118 and Wes is on 1122, it's a race... Obvious place for a first bet, who arrives first.. Wonder if pilots take bribes?

Now since my son is ATC wonder if he can arrange for a delay for Wes.. :)
  • Based on that fact alone I want a 30 min handicap
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Based on that fact alone I want a 30 min handicap

Wait a minute now, just the fact that the three of us outweigh you we should get the handicap..
  • Heading off now to pickup Mike.. Meeting Conrad and Wes at Pearson. Hopefully it is profitable for us all..
  • Down $35 already because my priority pass membership expired and I didn't know. So came to airport early to do some work and had to pay for a drink and food.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thanks, getting pumped now.. Realized that there are 2 WJ flights leaving at the same time this evening, WJ1118 and WJ1122, 3 of us on 1118 and Wes is on 1122, it's a race... Obvious place for a first bet, who arrives first.. Wonder if pilots take bribes?

Now since my son is ATC wonder if he can arrange for a delay for Wes.. :)

Think I won. Haven't heard from compupimp yet
  • Quitting poker and playing craps going fwd

Played 2/5 PLO with a $10 rock last night for a couple of hours. One big hand where I flopped top set on K95ss with KsKxTs9x. Got it in on the turn with red ace and held. Pretty sure he had a nut flush draw or something there
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Think I won. Haven't heard from compupimp yet

Went straight for the hookers and blow obv...
  • C'mon. You guys sleeping all day? You know all poker rooms have free wifi now.
  • Ok we all played the $550 at the Wynn, beautiful place, nicely run, sure not like Niagara. Wes and Conrad out early, Da Pimp and I both barely got into the top 100, with me lasting longer by about 10 min. 563 runners, paying top 63 so not far off. I was crippled shortly before I went out with AK vs 10's. Then jammed J,6 suited under the gun and I was live but no help came..
    This morning we went for breakfast at the Wynn, played credit card roulette which of course I was outdrawn on... Going to play some cash now.
  • Busted level 7 I believe. 300/600/600. Had about 28k from 18k starting. Active player in ep raised to 1400, 2 players call to me in Sb and I call JT.
    Flop 89Tcc. I check to ep raiser he bets 3500, 2 folds to me and I raise to 9000 with intention to jam any turn. He jams for me instead and I call. Lose to 78 with a turn 6 and river 5
  • Forgot about the last or second last hand from the PLO game. Table was breaking as 2-3 are ready to start racking up.

Playing 7 handed at that point. I'm utg but the rock was to my left, so I actually got act second last preflop. Player first to act raised to 35, got 3 calls to me and I call with A3ddT9. The rock also calls so 5 players to the flop.

Flop comes KQ5dd. Originally raiser pots with 700 back approx. One fold and next player repots all in for about 600. Folds to me and I pots over the top as the player with the rock made it very clear he was folding. And original raiser calls. Was up against KQxx from first player and A5Kd6d for second player. Turn and river were blanks so ended up taking a small loss. Otherwise would've been a 2k session win.
  • Need sleeep. Will post up some stories later.

just a tease.... Comp may have had spent some time getting felt up by security at the airport after being very disobedient and not following security’s instructions.
  • At least it wasn't by a midget..... Will post rebuttal and the TRUTH after Mike. I'm still sleeping, but to add to the tease there was a fair bit of discussion about midgets and definitely degeneracy was front and centre.. I will emphasize though, Mike is an all round nice guy no matter what else I disclose about him and his tipping was legendary.

.. and I wasn't being disobedient, I was standing up for my rights against US Border security's heavy handedness.. There was no truth to the rumor I was being part of a mule team..
  • I still feel like a bag of poop. I don’t think I slept more than 15 hours over the whole trip.

let us begin this story at Toronto airport. Jeff was directly behind me in the line up for U.S Customs. We put all our stuff in the trays and before we walk thru the scanners the customs agent reminds us to empty our pockets. Mine our empty and I breeze thru. Comp, however decides he would like to get a free Man on Man full body massage before we fly. He walks thru the scanner and all of the alarms go off. The Customs agent politely asks Comp “the senior citizen” if he is sure his pockets are empty. Comp reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a handful of spare change. He shamefully putts the money in the tray and walks thru the scanner again. Boooom alarms go off again. Customs agent less politely asks “the senior” if he is sure has emptied his pockets. Comp reaches into a different pocket and pulls out either a blackberry or a portable charging device (not sure which one it was). Comp puts the device in the tray and proceeds to walk thru the scanner for a 3rd time. Ding ding ding louder than giant slot machine the scanner goes off for a 3rd time. Comp reaches into yet another pocket and pulls out a keychain that had at least 20 keys on it. Now the Customs agent tell Comp to come off to the side where the terrorists , drug smugglers, and human traffickers go. The Customs agent starts touching Comp everywhere a man could be touched, sometimes gently and sometimes manhandling him like a drunk customer in a stripjoints VIP lou
  • Lounge.

As I watched this Man on man action for over 5 mins I was traumatized. Eventually Comp came walking out smiling from ear to ear because he just saved at least $50 on a massage.

The tournament at the Wynn that we all played was so well run and I think it was great value for a $550 buy in. We got 18,000 in chips and had 30 min blinds with a $100,000 prize pool. The prize ended up being just under $ 300,000. The tournament director did a very good job making sure tables were balanced and the rules were enforced fairly.

As Comp mentioned Westside and my buddy Conrad busted out before we did and Comp won the last longer by 10mins. The only interesting hand I had involved my pocket AA losing the minimum on an A 10 J all hearts flop where the villain flopped a royal flush. I was lucky that he only had about 12 big blinds.

my bust out hand I had AJ on a AJQ flop and the other guy had the AQ. I did have about 25-30 big blinds but I was just under the average stack and wasn’t playing to get a min cash. I don’t feel bad about going out like that, I think at that stage of the tournament it is a pretty standard shove.

so.....

after we busted the tourney i dragged Comp over to be a good luck charm at the blackjack table...........

story to be continued.........
  • Just got back from Seattle - flew there for work Wednesday so haven't been around

Tournament itself was relatively uneventful. Doubled early in level two when a reg tried to push me off a hand.

100/100/100 I believe it was. MP opened to 300, 2 callers, 1 call button with QJcc. SB 3 bets to 1400. MP calls, 2 folds, I call.
    Flop Q8x 1 club. SB bets 1800, MP folds, I call. Turn 7c, SB bets 4200, I call. River Tc, SB jams approximately pot, I call and win vs. 99.

Table was pretty loose as a whole, regularly 3-4 players to a flop, and 2-3 players even in 3 bet pots. Didn't have many hands to play, lots of loose preflop calls in position that mostly didn't work out.

Bust out hand - Level 6 I think, 300/600/600, sitting with around 28K effective.
    MP raise to 1.5K, pretty standard open at this table. He's been pretty active as well. I would def say one of the stronger players at the table. 2 callers, I call HJ with T9, one of the blinds call.
    Flop 789 rainwbow, original raiser bets 3k, folds to me, I raise to 10k with 17k~ back. He calls
    Turn 2 (or 3, but a blank). He lead jams and I call. He shows 68 and hits his 5 on the river and I go drop some more money at dice.

Def a well run tournament. Very good spot with a great sight-line to the Encore Beach Club entrance, unfortunately it wasn't opening on the Monday we were there. If I had to grind a tournament series all summer that's not the WSOP, I would definitely recommend this one. 1 day tournament is amazing, good structure, and seemingly lots of bad plays all around.
  • I agree with the comments about playing at the Wynn. Great poker area and well-run tournaments. I played two of the $550’s (including their Senior) and thoroughly enjoyed them. The scenery was second to none - my first table for my first tournament was by the rail nearest the “walkway” to the beach club. As luck would have it I was facing the scenery and i’m blaming that distraction as the reason for my lack of success!

On another note, what did you guys think of the big blind ante? I didn’t think I would like it before I went to Vegas but I found it to be a good idea once I experienced it. That said, I didn’t get a chance to see how it works when you get down to 2 or 3 tables, which is where I think the biggest complaints are.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    I agree with the comments about playing at the Wynn. Great poker area and well-run tournaments. I played two of the $550’s (including their Senior) and thoroughly enjoyed them. The scenery was second to none - my first table for my first tournament was by the rail nearest the “walkway” to the beach club. As luck would have it I was facing the scenery and i’m blaming that distraction as the reason for my lack of success!

On another note, what did you guys think of the big blind ante? I didn’t think I would like it before I went to Vegas but I found it to be a good idea once I experienced it. That said, I didn’t get a chance to see how it works when you get down to 2 or 3 tables, which is where I think the biggest complaints are.

This is was my first big blind ante tournament and I did enjoy it. The early levels didn’t seem to scary but later on when the blinds are 3000 6000 ante 6000 and you have 80,000 in chips the dynamic certainty changed for me. I don’t know if I should have defended much wider than usual or not....but I felt like I needed to protect that big chunk of my stack.
  • So...... I decide to degen in at the blackjack table and Comp is there to cheer me on and to count the cards so he can signal me on when to throw out a big bet. After about 30 mins Comp was bored but I had the most beautiful little brunette dealer and wanted to stay. Stayed there for about 8 hours and ran my 4K up to 16k then back down to zero and then dumped another 2k into the table.

It it is now day 2 and I am down just over 10k. Ooooops.

good news is day 3 I had plans with an ex-girlfriend for dinner and the Beatles cirque du solid show.... so I saved a bunch of money.
  • I echo Toronto Pimp's comments, I felt the same way as I went out the same level as him. My final shove (after loosing 2/3 of my stack on a mid pair shove over a limp a few hands earlier) was J,8 suited UTG because I only had 6 bigs and the next hand would have cost me a BB and the same for ante so 1/3 of my stack in. It felt that this was my last chance to have any fold equity. Early on as Mike said it seems fine.

Just saw Mike posted, aaaaand, yes he is a degen... But damn lovable.
  • This is was my first big blind ante tournament and I did enjoy it. The early levels didn’t seem to scary but later on when the blinds are 3000 6000 ante 6000 and you have 80,000 in chips the dynamic certainty changed for me. I don’t know if I should have defended much wider than usual or not....but I felt like I needed to protect that big chunk of my stack.

I think you really need to defend a lot wider with BB ante, it definitely changes the dynamic. I personally think I would prefer button ante instead though. I know that it causes the issue in the case of a dead button but imo that doesn't happen often enough that it should be an issue.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. That's a crazy blackjack swing Pimp! Epic!