CAMBRIDGE CARD CLUB - Cave

GOOD DAY POKER PHOLKS

I am back again at the Cave for Friday night. Hope everybody is ready for season 3.

(WEEK1) FRIDAY August 14, 2015 - BANQUET HALL ABOVE THE CAVE - 7:00PM

Friday’s game is week 1 of the season. PLAYERS MUST COME WITHIN THE FIRST TWO BLINDS TO GET IN THE TOURNAMENT. Please remember it is first come, first served. I do not save seats or pay for anyone seat. If there is a waiting list, players will only get seated before the first break if numbers are above fifty. When the break starts, players will no longer be allowed in the tournament.

One seat will be given to the winner which qualifies for PRIZE POOL GAME players with more than one win will get an extra 1000 chips.

Comments

• Anyone here know if the Cave is still running on Friday evenings. And are they filling up?
  • still runs.
  • Sure is comp, 36 runners last night.
  • Is this still on? Every Friday? OP seems scarce on details.
  • Because it is so regular it rarely posts here. They have a Facebook page.
  • I'm in for tonight. Anyone else?
  • Looks like drtyore is in. Definitely a beer on the patio type day.
  • Who is going tonight ? I am planning to attend.
  • Wild wings, zehr's plaza 5:45 apparently.
  • moose wrote: »
    Wild wings, zehr's plaza 5:45 apparently.

Sweet. I'll be there but closer to 6pm
  • Damn traffic . I'll have to meet you at the cave
  • Is the Cave running tonight?
  • Always

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
  • That is not necessarily true. He does take a summer break. But I am going tonight June 10), so it better be running.
    Always

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Yeah, or else!
  • It is shut down for about the last two weeks of August, otherwise every Friday except for Christmas Eve.

2nd place last night for $290 Got crippled when all in FTW with A10 vs A3. 10105 on flop. Turn 2 River 4. Commence puking.
  • Glad i stuck around for the cash game. Up $400 for the night. I love the cave. Always a good place to end a downswing.
    Nice to see mini-moose attend his first legal game.
  • Any idea when the cave starts up again?
  • It started back up on August 19th. If you're on Facebook look up and follow Cambridge Card Club. Al post's when he's having a game all the time.
  • I am not on Facebook. What are the basic deets?
  • Basically, it's every Friday at 7pm at the Cave. Held in the upstairs hall. $40 or $50 tournament with a cash game when enough people have been eliminated.
  • Thx kwmatt, I didnt realize there was a FB page
  • Hoping to make my return tonight, anyone else? How many typically play now? Are they still maxing out?
  • I think I'll be there tonight. I haven't been there for a little while myself. Hopefully enough people show up to make it worthwhile.
  • I will be attending as well. Before the two week break they were getting between 30-40 players.
    I suspect now that summer is over, it will get busier.
  • Confirmed, will be there, see you shortly before 7.
  • At the Cave last night for the second time, finally managed to win one, 29 runners... Might have made a bluff to two, never did that before... ;) HU I had about a 3-2 advantage and wore him down but don't think he was getting much. All in with my A,9 clubs vs AQ off, I had 22bb he had 7, flop 2 clubs, 9 on the turn and I hold.. good times. Really is a lot of play for 6+ hrs. More of us should really support Al's game not much else around here..
  • Yeah, you're right Comp, we really should get out to Al's game more.

To be honest, I never think of it any more. I've not really had any success at his game - tourney or cash - but he runs a good show. Hardest part for me is getting there by 7 on a Friday.

Will have to keep a mental note for when I get into slow season at work.
  • compuease wrote: »
    More of us should really support Al's game not much else around here..

Hey now.
    Hey now.
    Nope yours are great, it's just that you only occasionally have tournaments, his are weekly and very suspect players. Your players are all pretty solid...