April 17th, Bolton Poker Tournament

2»

Comments

• Wow, I've been a bad bad host, Rob Thank you for the time you have put in this one for me.

Anyways, for those of you at the last one, you would remember Armando, the player who brought 10 guy's with him. He hasn't reconfirmed his ten, so if he doesn't show there will be only 65 (without walkins). So as of now, the last few seats are first come first serve.

For those of you who have registered, we shall see you Sunday and Good Luck.

:D Oh yeah, newyorkpoker.com has just informed us that they are also giving away chips sets aswell as the shirts hats etc.

Thanks to everyone, and Rob and Josh,
    Terry.
  • LOL, hey Terry, nice of ya to join us. :D
  • Aaahh yes, the day before the tourney, and guess what.....I'm kissin a** with the wife and kids today, :D cause I wanna golf 18 in the morning before the tourney...LOL...I think I'm packing two bags, my clubs and my clothes... :'(...good luck everyone see you sunday..
  • Just incase anyone is interested, Terry talked to Armando(see below) and he is only bringing 5 guy's with him this time. That opens up a few seats, if you want to reserve one call me at 647-895-9363 or Terry at 416-879-0012, or you can take you chances with a walkin, 1st come 1st seated.

Rob :D
  • 4.5 hrs to go... this time Jeremy I wont let you win so easily :P See everyone there. Hope this one is as sucessful like the last.
  • Great game today!
    Two thumbs up. Great TDs, great blind structure, awesome prizes, fun dealers/good dealers and a great player round up.
    No one come to these games! :rage: I want them to myself.

To bad I was knocked out with the horrible beat... Oh well, I am almost over it now..Almost.. :'(
  • esool wrote:
    Great game today!
    Two thumbs up. Great TDs, great blind structure, awesome prizes, fun dealers/good dealers and a great player round up.
    No one come to these games!  :rage: I want them to myself.

To bad I was knocked out with the horrible beat... Oh well, I am almost over it now..Almost.. :'(

Horrible doesn't describe it...sorry.
    It was me who caught running  :c: to beat your trips with the flush.
    You were playing really good and deserved a better fate.

I actually ended up putting your chips to good work, ended up on the big side of a 1st and 2nd chop.

Great game Terry and Rob. A lot of no shows but you guys really did a great job with the payouts and prizes.

Later,
    J.B
    Bcc - 55
  • BCC55 wrote:

Horrible doesn't describe it...sorry.
    It was me who caught running  :c: to beat your trips with the flush.
    You were playing really good and deserved a better fate.

I actually ended up putting your chips to good work, ended up on the big side of a 1st and 2nd chop.

I am glad to hear that you won the money, I knew my chips found a good home.

It's like "all aces" says "the problem with making a hand look like you want a call is that it usually does.." or something like that.
    Oh well, we are all on both sides of those beats at some point. Like when I had to call the short stack's all in with A,5s and beat his AA when I turned my straight.. :D

It was still a fun game!
  • True enough, I actually made another bad move at the final table. couple of them but here's one...
    I was heads up with a cannon and missed the flop completely so I did what any Gus Hanson fan would do....FIRED AT THE POT!
    I put him all in and he missed the flop too but had pocket Q's and called. (gutsy call with  K high on board but like i said this guy wasn't shy)
    however I hit runner-runner 8's on the turn and river. I thought dude was going to cry!  :'( LoL!

One more hand that could have cost me big time...
    Heads up with a pretty tight player she bet out at me with A 10 X on the flop, I should have known that she hit it if she bet but I hit the A and had a poor kicker so wanted to over bet it. I put her all in and she beat me to the pot! Trip 10's. Gave her a lot of chips but my buddy punched me in the shoulder and I smartened up and got back on track.
    The final 2 I faced played really well and I was lucky that 2 took out 3 with quad 9's on the flop.
    When it got head's up me and Chuck struck a deal.

Your right though it was a fun game, nice to meet you sort of!

Later,
    J.B
    BCC 55
  • First off, I would like to congrats to Joe (BBC55), nice cleanup on the on-line money as well. esool, you did play great, and I do believe that it was your chips that helped Joe to the split. And guys, Thanks for the review.

Second, Thank you to the people who showed up, I hope all of you had a good time.I know the weather was nice, Woodbine opening day and the golf course's first weekend, but 31 out of 74??????? Where the #$%^ were the 44 that said ..yeah, yeah, save me a seat..oh well. And people gave me a hard time about wanting deposits???

Anyways, at 2:45 we started the deal, regardless of attendance, and I really want to thank ALL the players that stuck it out and in the midst of flames stayed to play anyways. With Josh and Joel's help (thanks guy's), we pulled this one out of our ass's, we changed a few things to make sure everyone was happy and had a good time.

Before I start listing the events of the night, I would like to say a HUGE Thank you to Armando, Joel (newyorkpoker rep), Terry S., Jon Pak, Song Pak and the boy's from Whitby that sat at the cash game until 10 p.m. That made the difference for us.

So, 31 players show, we need 50 to break even, Terry and I are crapping in our pants, we figure at first deal we are already down $760. We smile and deal, I'm so stressed out, I'm first out of the tourney after 28 min, can't think straight. newyorkpoker.net shows up, miscommunication had happened, the shirts and hats are forgoten. Josh, Terry, Joel (newyorkpoker rep) and myself sit down for almost 48 min. trying to figure out how to save this and make everybody happy. We said we would pay out top 10%, that was supposed to be 7-8 players, now we only have 3. We all agree that we want to compensate everyone at the final table, to make it a good night, especially with everyone there knowing it had potential for disaster.

This is what happened, the cash game played for 5hrs. ( I started after the final table with $60 and cashed out at $345), with the 5% rake (up to $10 a hand), the dealer tips from the live game players and Tournament winners and $200 of my winnings....we covered our costs for everything AND the dealers made there tips....Thank you to the winners and the live players for the tips, Josh's crew was very appreciative of everything.

Here is the winners list,

10th 25$ on line. Jason Shock
    9th 24$ on-line. Winston Morgan
    7th 25$ on-line. Eric Cirone.
    6th $100 + 35$ on-line + a newyorkpoker.net 500 piece chipset. Shelley Burke
    5th $100 + 35$ on-line + a seat at the next Bolton event ($120). Song-ho Pak
    4th $140 + 35$ on line + a seat at the next Bolton event ($120). Joe Rogers
    3rd $500 + 50$ on line + a seat at the next Bolton event ($120). Leeanne Rescorl

Richard M. and Joe B. split the prize pool for first and second place which totaled $3625 cash and $175 on-line cash.

Now we had decided on this at the beginning of the night, when Terry and myself were still out $760, and still needed to tip out the dealers, once again, Thank you to the winners and the live game players for the tips.

We pulled this one out of the flames, everybody came to us before they left and said they had a great time and want to be at the next one. We really hope that everyone truly did have a good time. And congratulations to the winners.

For those of you who are interested, the next one is on June 5th, $120 buy in (2000 chips), $50 rebuy's (1000 in chips, unlimited for the 1st hr.), and maybe an add on for 4000 in chips. The venue is more than likely going to change (because of the cost), details will be posted when we hash it all out, but the date is firm.

Oh yeah, first timers, this time you are going to have to make a deposit. We gotta cover our .......'s

Thank you again to everybody who showed, and hope to see you June 5th.

Rob Spence.
  • BCC55 wrote:
    I did what any Gus Hanson fan would do....FIRED AT THE POT! [ /quote]

LMAO :D
    BCC55 wrote:
    When it got head's up me and Chuck struck a deal.

Dude's name is actually Richard, he was screwin with everyone all night, apperntly he had about 7 different names.LOL.
  • I just wanted to make this one seperate so it stood out.

THANK YOU, to everyone who did show and had faith in us to stick around knowing that it had the potential to be disasterous for Terry and I. Your loyality will not go unnoticed.

And Josh, Joel.....THANK YOU, for calming us down and reassuring us that everything would fall together. You guy's went out of your way to help us out.

Oh yeah, somebody else won a chip set for a straight flush, congrats to who every you were, we forgot to get your name. Sorry.
  • AAAhhhhh yes,

And to the guys from the forum who showed, it was a pleasure to see you again, and meet some of you for the first time.

Thank you again for coming.

And no, I'm not "man flirting" :D:D:D;)
  • As I didn't know about this forum until BCC mentioned it to me at the tourney I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. First off I think the bolton boys did an excellent job. I had an enjoyable after noon even after some dude with 3 outs nailed me on the river on an all in leaving me with $450 in chips. I will be there for the next one given I already got a seat from making the final table. These guys were upfront about what they were taking out and they could have really taken a hit running this thing. I probably have 2 friends coming with me to the next one once they post details.

And Joe congrats but how long were you there for..... My chiropractor loved me after playing poker for 6 hours on sunday......
  • Acid Joe...thanks.

Yeah my back is a mess too! We were there until about 8:30 or 9:30.
    I don't know if you remember the young guy at the table, Chuck was his name, but we ended up chopping.

I'll definitely see you at the next one.

Thanks again to Rob and Terry for putting on a good tournament...despite all the no shows.
    Also thanks to Josh and New York Poker, which rewarded all of the players at the final table some online dough to play with.
    Part of my chop was that i got all the 1st and 2nd online money, so i am free rolling for a little bit!

J.B
    BCC-55