Another thread about phones

My iPhone 4S is about to kick it, and should really be in your death pool.

Since I've obviously been out of the market for a while I thought you guys might have some advice?

The 6 is coming out soonish, and part of me just wants to buy it, and never spend another second of brain on this...

Personally, I use the calendar obsessively, camera (with lots of pictures/videos stored), and perform most of my AD(I)L* on my phone. Most importantly, it is my portal to Ruzzle.

I don't know if phones that don't have voice-text still exist...but I'm not prepared to encounter such horrors as typing again.

Haters gonna hate, but I like Siri

So, what do you have/what do you want/what is--isn't working for you?

Comments

• yeah going from the 4S to the 6 would be an awesome jump. Perfect timing, just go for it.
  • What do you currently have?
  • I have the iPhone 5. Love it, I'll be selling it and moving to a 6 as soon as it makes sense for me.
  • Blackberry^-^
  • I thought they went outta business YEARS ago?!?!
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I thought they went outta business YEARS ago?!?!

woah1.gif
  • I have a celli phone . . . it is a nice cell phone. I can make calls, and send texts and everything. It even has a nice screen where I can look at the pictures I take.
  • So far we have representation from Apple, Blackberry, and old dudes with flip phones.

If someone can man the Android post we can get started here.

905308.gif
  • Mine is NOT a flip phone, you young whippersnapper . . . it's a . . . (fumbles in pocket to remove phone to identify it) . . . It's a Motorola . . .
  • I may be the last Neanderthal left that still doesn't use a cellphone :-[ (after eventually getting rid of one of the first available Internet phones but rarely used for years).
    Bfillmaff wrote: »
    So far we have representation from Apple, Blackberry, and old dudes with flip phones.
    If someone can man the Android post we can get started here.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
  • I have the HTC ONE M8. Which is the best of the android variety.

:D
  • i also have the HTC juan, but it is the biggest piece of crap ever

have to send error reports all the time because the keyboard crashes and the camera blows and wont focus
  • I have an old old iPhone 4.

Not even a 4s, just a plain old 4.

I'm going to wait for the Note 4 from Samsung.

Why:

1. I want the virtual reality Gear VR headset that you can buy for $200 and turn it into a Occulus rift VR headset.

2. The camera is fabulous.
  • I'm going to wait for the Note 4 from Samsung.
    10 Ways the Galaxy Note 4 Could Beat the iPhone 6
    Meh, I'm going to hold out for Blackberry 16 in a couple of years.
    Oh, wait.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    10 Ways the Galaxy Note 4 Could Beat the iPhone 6
    Meh, I'm going to hold out for Blackberry 16 in a couple of years.
    Oh, wait.
    loooooooollll :D

:laugh:
  • Oh yee of little faith..

and even less knowledge...
  • Bump, I was at a party last night and someone* sat on my phone… And shattered the glass on the back.

I am not saying it was GW… But it was GW.
  • Kristy wrote: »
    Bump, I was at a party last night and someone* sat on my phone… And shattered the glass on the back.

I know you're expecting a comment like this, but I'm gonna say it anyways.

Too bad it wasn't an Iphone 6, I hear they're quite malleable.
  • inb4 bb fanboys
    Bump, I was at a party last night and someone* sat on my phone… And shattered the glass on the back.

Hey . . . now that it's ruined, you could put it on the fencepost and SHOOT it. Or, after several attempts, let GW shoot it. :D

j/k :)
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    inb4 bb fanboys

outb4 #kidswhoknowsolittle

depart the scene

really wanted to say outb4 #couchmovers instead, but was talked out of it.
  • I have a special phone for seniors.Doro Easyphone 620 i guess no one here ever heard about this Old Timers special.LOL haha It is a flip top oyster phone too
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    I have a special phone for seniors.Doro Easyphone 620 i guess no one here ever heard about this Old Timers special.LOL haha It is a flip top oyster phone too

What a great idea! For someone that just wants something simple to use, no frills, etc.
  • What a great idea! For someone that just wants something simple to use, no frills, etc.
    It has camera message center call display texting{which I never use and never will} also FM radio.
    texting{which I never use and never will}

Don't knock it til you've tried it young man. My wife and I were of the same mindset as you for years until we got on the texting bandwagon. Now we hardly ever even bother talking to each other!:D
  • Don't knock it til you've tried it young man. My wife and I were of the same mindset as you for years until we got on the texting bandwagon. Now we hardly ever even bother talking to each other!:D
    I am not kocking it I just cant handle it.I have seen lots of young girls walking into people Etc.never looking up but busy texting.do you walk and text while walking or driving?So you hardly talk to your wife I had the same trouble so i deleted her 20 years ago.
    I am not kocking it I just cant handle it.I have seen lots of young girls walking into people Etc.never looking up but busy texting.do you walk and text while walking or driving?So you hardly talk to your wife I had the same trouble so i deleted her 20 years ago.

People who drive or walk while texting should be beaten with a stick. Harshly. I may text from the top of a 28' ladder, but at least the only one who's going to die is me.

I honestly didn't think I would be able to handle it either, but it's become the most efficient means of communicating for me with customers, suppliers, friends, etc. when I don't have time to sit there and chew the fat as it were.
  • Voice text ftw
    Voice text ftw
    +1

Used to use the BB native app but recently have switched to Vlingo fwiw... Love it.. Not sure what it's like on an Android.