Falls View Satellite

2»

Comments

• Because the whole point of this is to send someone to the 1100 event. Set up as a friendly game and opportunity for someone to play in a game most of us can't afford to play normally. And I didn't go out of my way for someone to pull a dick move like that.
  • I appreciate you organizing this and it should be fun. If we get enough folks for a 2nd place cash then all the better.
  • bigslik77 wrote: »
    Because the whole point of this is to send someone to the 1100 event. Set up as a friendly game and opportunity for someone to play in a game most of us can't afford to play normally. And I didn't go out of my way for someone to pull a dick move like that.

FWIW, I don't think it's a dick move if there's no deceit or ill-intent. But if you and your group have such rules, then you shoulod let people know up front.

If I had been able to make it, and then won a seat (not likely, but even a blind squirrell finds a nut once in a while), I would have sold it as I can't play the $1100 either. But I would have been really annoyed to find out about your rule after the fact.
  • Its not a rule. Maybe I was naïve to think people might not understand the intent of this game. I just thought some forum members would appreciate what we are trying to do.
  • Thanks to Ted and the 11 other players that made it out today. Tough way to lose with us both holding aces. I went on to take it down, 2nd got 400$$. This will be my first time playing in a event like this, hoping for some more run good.
  • It was a great group of folks and I had a nice time until my heart got torn out and thrown on the floor! But good luck at Fallsview, post a report!
  • Better late than never. I did play the event, all was going well for the first 8 hours I have eliminated 6-7 from my table and had a little over 80k. When this hand happened: I have KK and raise 2.5x and get 3 calls, flop 2c,2h,6c. first guy to act ships for 25k ish fold, fold, me tank. could he have pocket 6, or a draw? I call he has 9,J c. turn 9, river guess a fkn 9. So now I have 50k ish. about an hour later tight young guy open shoves for about 30, I look down at AA=call he flops a Q of course. guy beside comments I folded Q,10 so case Q, just my luck. now I have just over 20k. limp pot I have k,9 h flop Ah,6h,4c. first to act bets 6k, I think for a min with no raise did they hit ace if so maybe fold to shove, I have out with 4 flush if they call. I shove calls w A,Q no heart hits I'm out. I was happy with how I played, don't think I made any mistakes except for one early over call, which really didn't hurt me. Got very unlucky in 2 critical spots. If I win either of those pots I probably make day 2. Next time I guess.
  • Thanks for your summary. Very interesting and, as we say, "that's poker". But at least you got to play for most of the day in an interesting tournament. You are never going to escape variance.