Falls View Satellite

Rake free, no equity satellite for the $$1100 event.
Starting stack 10,000
Blinds 30 min
Structure same as Falls View.

Buy-in $125
Min 9 players, first place $1,125
Max 2 tables of 9. May accommodate 3 tables if enough interest.
Date Feb 1, 2014 1:00pm start
Location still to be determined, either Georgetown or Guelph.

**Location has been set, it will be in Guelph. The site has three top quality tables, chips and TD on the big screen for all to see.

If there is not enough to send two players remaining money will be paid out to second place finisher.

Comments

• In before blondefish squash
  • Don't be so silly all the time, I've already contacted bigslik77 before your useless post.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    In before blondefish squash
  • I am interested if in Guelph
  • Confirmed players
    1. Chris(bigslik77)
    2. Don +1
    3. Susan
    4. G
    5. Chad
    6. Mike
    7. DJgolfcan
    8. EdtheTed

I called Fallsview, a person may only buy two entries. So when I have 9 for sure I will pick up the entry. Hopefully we can get 18+ and send two people.
  • Hey guys, are you all in at the Guelph location?
  • In for Guelph.
  • So I'm curious what you guys think about increasing the buy-in two send two people if we end up shy of 18 players.
  • I will probably not attend this due to my wife totalling her car and me having to buy her a new one
  • I will probably not attend this due to my wife totalling her car and me having to buy her a new one

Is she ok ? No Insurance ?
  • I read on another forum that the $1100 entries might be sold out by this weekend. And with less than 9 so far I think it's a stretch to try for 2 seats.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Is she ok ? No Insurance ?

She is ok thank you for asking. And yes we had ins but have decided to upgrade
  • She is ok thank you for asking. And yes we had ins but have decided to upgrade

You know, if you win the seat and win the tournament, you can REALLY upgrade. :)
    You know, if you win the seat and win the tournament, you can REALLY upgrade. :)

Yes you are correct that is possible but not likely to much donkey in me. And yes I am aware that is the true reason you want me to play.
  • In the event that bigslik77 gets to buy only one $1,100 entry card before it sells out but needs two for this RFS, he can see me at my Fallsview office ;) and I can try to help you guys out.
    EdtheTed wrote: »
    I read on another forum that the $1100 entries might be sold out by this weekend.
  • 1 entry it is. I will be going Friday after work.
  • If you get close to 18 I could be convinced.
  • Were you able to buy it? A stranger asked me while I was in a satellite table if I knew anybody selling. I told him that somebody might be selling for $1,050, but for some reason he didn't think that was good enough. A girl was asking a supervisor about the $1,100 and he informed her that it could sell out at anytime.
    bigslik77 wrote: »
    I will be going Friday after work.
  • I have bought one entry to the $1100 event. Don has informed me he has 8 players on board, I still have a couple of maybe's. I'm playing the 24th at Don's and will update the list of players after that. If we get to 18 the 2nd place finisher can do what they want with the money. I won't be going to buy a second entry. If anyone in attendance has one for sale(bf) then we can work something out that way if you please. I'm looking forward to running this game hopefully the first of many. If you have not confirmed your attendance please do so we are capping the event at 18, first 18 are in. Thanks
  • Perhaps now that the date is close, more people are interested?
  • Any chance this may start later or have late registration?

I have an appt in Mississauga at 1. :(
  • Unfortunately time is set, Don has 10 confirmed players. Plus any players from forum that are coming. I will send address via pm to those who have confirmed their attendance.
  • Crap. Would have really liked to play this.

Well, Maybe my appt will get rescheduled. ;)
  • If you can make it let me know. Thanks
  • Thanks for the unsolicited PM with your address...I'll catch the first flight out for this
  • Unfortunately, I am not able to get the time off work to play the Fallsview tourney, if I won the satty. I am going to have to pass.
    Unfortunately, I am not able to get the time off work to play the Fallsview tourney, if I won the satty. I am going to have to pass.

With no equity component, you could just sell the ticket.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    With no equity component, you could just sell the ticket.

That would not be cool!
  • Why not? With no equity there's no ongoing commitment, IMO.

BTW, I'm definitely out, my customer confirmed our appointment today.