Analysis: Flop top set out of position vs sh!te board.

2»

Comments

• Oh dear...

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • Colin408 wrote: »
    I honestly Limp A-10 most of the time when playing six handed or more... It really depends on what type of game, and how many players are in the pot. I limp a lot with A-10 in MTT's, I usually 3 bet A-10 in cash games.

Opposites?
  • Ok that does it, I am hosting a cash game and Colin, you are invited!

Kidding, kidding... But what is the reasoning behind the idea of 3betting A10? in pretty much every scenario I can think of, you are behind, and if you are just trying to get a fold, well your cards dont matter but A10 would be furthest from my choice!!

(Thread derailment inbound... Sorry!)
  • ....Or did i just not read the /sarcasm tag :) ??
  • OK... back to the hand in question. I have added a lot more detail to the second line, and the drawout possibilities have been added to both. Really made a HUGE difference to the second line - it is now clear that check/calling wins less and pretty much loses the same.

I think the numbers are in order but am interested in any holes in it you can find!

vqr1qv.jpg
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    Ok that does it, I am hosting a cash game and Colin, you are invited!

Kidding, kidding... But what is the reasoning behind the idea of 3betting A10? in pretty much every scenario I can think of, you are behind, and if you are just trying to get a fold, well your cards dont matter but A10 would be furthest from my choice!!

(Thread derailment inbound... Sorry!)

I'm talking A-10 pre flop. I will limp in tourneys pre-flop with A-10, but in the cash games I play, I will usually 3-bet pre-flop. The cash games I play at are usually 4-5 handed, so A-10 is usually a better then average hand? Adding in that they will limp with any two cards where I play...

I am a poker noob, so I wan't to know what is wrong with that strategy pre-flop? Should I always be limping with A-10? And I am talking when the action is on me and no1 has re-raised the blinds.

I'm saying A-10 in general pre-flop when no moves have been made, I'm not talking about your situation.
    cash games I play at are usually 4-5 handed, so A-10 is usually a better then average hand?

ah, that was the missing piece of information. Full ring A-10 is too easily dominated... 4-5 handed I'm 3-betting the A10 right there with ya!
    I'm talking A-10 pre flop. .....

in the cash games I play, I will usually 3-bet pre-flop.

Just to clarify, in a regular cash game (8-9 handed), raising the initial raiser with A-10 means that you are going to either:

-take down a small pot pre-flop (which you could do with any two cards)
    ,or,

-lose a big pot post-flop, because the ranges that are willing to call your raise are generally ahead of you. Example: Flop comes A 2 8 rainbow, and the caller raises your post flop bet. What do you do?
    ah, that was the missing piece of information. Full ring A-10 is too easily dominated... 4-5 handed I'm 3-betting the A10 right there with ya!

Ahah, had me scared there for a second..... I know I'm not that good of a player to begin with, and In my mind A-10 was actually a good hand 4-5 handed. So I was beginning to think there was a HUGE hole in my game lol.
    And I am talking when the action is on me and no1 has re-raised the blinds.

ahhhhhhhh - That's actually not a 3-bet, which explains our confusion! :)
    ahhhhhhhh - That's actually not a 3-bet, which explains our confusion! :)

I know, we use our terms loosely in my area :P. We mean 3 times betting the bb instead of the third bet lol. Sorry for the confusion, our terms are a little different then regular terms. Just like how 4-5 handed is a regular cash game for me, when 8-9 is actually the real regular.

This stuff happens when you learn how to play in a home game with a ten beer minimum :P
  • Those are the best games. Cheers!
  • Sure are! As you can tell I'm not the best player lol!
  • Good hand to revive for analysis with your new mat skilz

assume the maniac had something like jt. is it better to shove, min-raise or smooth call the tourist's raise on the flop?