$1/$2 $60 Max Game - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    Try not to be so results oriented. There were obviously some misplayed hands that you can learn from.

Every hand has to be taken into context. The KQ<AK hand, this player would push with anything and would do this mainly since I was raising and he most likely was trying to make a point. In most cases I am ahead or facing a small pair. You would fold KQ vs a small pair given the $60 max buy-in and with other larger stacks at the table, so you want to build your stack accordingly?

In most situations I would have folded the AJ hand given the re-raise and the amount of chips he had behind. I have played with this player a long time and I know he will check if he misses the flop and will fold if I bet. I did not expect the other player to also call.

For the 107 hand, I wanted to play against these two players who were likely playing 10-15% of their hands and expected I could get them off better hands with a good size raise. The big mistake in this hand was the player who only bet $6 with a flopped set and let the rest of us come along to see the turn.
  • Pretty good profit for a 60 max game! I am going to be playing a few cash games in the coming weeks..Should be interesting because I mainly play MTT's and have very little cash game experience.

Wish me luck!