Help in Mtt strategy

2»

Comments

• Why raise a flop? what am i accomplishing by raising the flop?
    what is he limp calling with pre, donk bet the flop and fold to a reraise that beats us?

If he limp called with 44s or QKs or TJ then he is never folding to a reraise. and if he has something like 66s why do we want him to fold?
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    Why raise a flop? what am i accomplishing by raising the flop?
    what is he limp calling with pre, donk bet the flop and fold to a reraise that beats us?

If he limp called with 44s or QKs or TJ then he is never folding to a reraise. and if he has something like 66s why do we want him to fold?

He's not calling with 66, and not putting any more money in with it unless he hits.. so get your money when you can. We want him to call with KQ, and if he had TJ / 44, raising gives us enough information to not call.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    He's not calling with 66, and not putting any more money in with it unless he hits.. so get your money when you can. We want him to call with KQ, and if he had TJ / 44, raising gives us enough information to not call.

Mark

I still don't understand what do we accomplish by raising, when he is only folding to hands we beat and calling hands he has us beat with.
  • Okay

Well, if he calls with hands we're beating more money goes into the pot when we're ahead, and likely to win it. When he's ahead, it lets us know we're behing, and can pot control to lose the minimum.

Go read Sklansky and we can talk when you agree with me.

Mark
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I still don't understand what do we accomplish by raising, when he is only folding to hands we beat and calling hands he has us beat with.

He will call your raise with most of his draws. We do not want to give them free cards.
  • his only draw is KQ where he would open raise with pre
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Okay

Well, if he calls with hands we're beating more money goes into the pot when we're ahead, and likely to win it. When he's ahead, it lets us know we're behing, and can pot control to lose the minimum.

Go read Sklansky and we can talk when you agree with me.

Mark

For $5 on line tourney's he's much butter reading Arnold Snyder than Sklansky and learning aggression in these tourneys.
  • Welcome back, Joe . . . hope this means you are up and about again.