Canadian Bank Accounts

2»

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »
    Fees? Customer Service?

My Account costs me $12.00 per month in order to get unlimited Debit card transactions, electronic bill payment (which I can call in over the phone if I like.

Branch locations are limited, but Customer Service is great, right down to having a notation on your account for your birthday. If you happen to drop into a branch they will wish you a HBD . . . it's a nice touch.

Further, every bit of interest you happen to pay (car loan, or mortgage, etc) and every bit of interest you earn counts toward "Bonus shares". These shares can be used for RRSP contributions or whatever and, after 7 years, can be withdrawn for face value.
  • +1. I have PCF for free chequing/savings accounts, ING for some savings accounts, and TD Borderless U$ Plan to withdraw all my PartyPoker U$ cash to. :D
    Ercules wrote: »
    PC, ING, or Manulife one depending on your needs
  • So there's no issues connecting a usd party account to a td usd account? Going to have to do that to mine if so
  • One issue is that Party will screw you U$50 for a bank wire transfer or U$10 for a "Fast Bank Transfer," PLUS the intermediary bank fee, which may still be cheaper compared to the UNLIMITED ~3% fee it will screw you for Skrill or converting to C$. For anybody left with a U$ Party account, you may want to convert it to C$ by first withdrawing all the U$ to a U$ account to avoid the current and future currency conversion surcharges.

1) Pick the cheapest method to withdraw all your U$ cash to your U$ account. I used the "Fast Bank Transfer" to withdraw all my cash to my TD U$ account.

2) Change your account currency from U$ to C$.

3) I will play elsewhere but in case anybody here still wants to play at Party, then deposit and withdraw in C$.
    actyper wrote: »
    So there's no issues connecting a usd party account to a td usd account? Going to have to do that to mine if so