WPT Montreal 2013 & Playground Poker Fall Classic

2»

Comments

• BlondeFish wrote: »
    It's either
    Worst irredundant Sum-Of-Products or
    a little tourney called the World Series of Poker. ;)

I choose option 3..
  • BTW I'm still putting some final touches into it, but the Event Blog for the Fall Classic is now live. Please pass around this info because this is the official source for all Day 2+ Seating assignments and other critical information.

Playground Poker Fall Classic 2013

As well I have a full time blogger and professional photographer working with me this time, so expect expanded coverage across the board for all events.

In particular if you want your photo on the blog for sure let me know and we'll get it in there.

Likewise - anyone who does NOT want their photo taken just has to ask, there's no problem leaving you out of the photos.
  • Hey gang - 449 for Day 1a of Event 1 tonight.
  • mikelbyl wrote: »
    Hey gang - 449 for Day 1a of Event 1 tonight.

And I see Lac Leamy dropped to 163 for their $365 today, far cry from the numbers this BI has been fetching otherwise...
  • 431 tonight for 880 total. Guarantee surpassed with another 450 or so left to come tomorrow to build the prize pool. 19 or 20 cash games going as well as of an hour ago, including a sick 5/10 PLO game.

Tomorrow as well the Premier League taping gets underway at around 6pm with a match including Jeff Gross, Antonio Esfandiari, Daniel Cates, Sorel Mizzi, Jason Koon, Brian Rast, Dan Colman & Scott Seiver. The set is pretty much open to the room and there will be regular tournament tables surrounding it on three sides, so it should be pretty fun for players.
  • mikebyl, can you please post or PM the finalized shuttle schedule when it's available? In addition to playing several events before the Main Event, I may try to go back and forth to Playground everyday until at least December 2, hopefully without having to pay $70 every time. Is it true that there were very long waits for the shuttle?
  • 1400 in event 1 at playground, more than 250 for day 1a of Event 2 and Event 8 of WSOPC Leamy gets only 158 for their $365...pretty happy to see that this worked out better for the good guys
  • The shuttle is going from the two downtown hotels to Playground at 11am each morning of the Day 1s and Day 2 of the WPT (main event) and returning after play finishes.

People generally end up arranging to share cab rides or get lifts from folks who have or who have rented cars. If you're coming from Toronto there's a great argument to drive and have your car with you for the festival.

In my experience we get very few comments or criticisms about the transportation situation. Perhaps that's simply because they see no reason to raise it with us, I guess, but it mostly seems to work out well.
  • Just did a little calculation - through the first 4 events (and including the top 10 payouts in Event 2, to be paid tonight), the grand total of the prize pools awarded is already $350K (actually it's $315 shy of that mark). And no buy-in has been over $220 (all tolled) yet.

Add tonight's 6-Max ($300 + $30) which will attract around 200 or more players and the $1K starting on Wednesday and that number is going to keep growing quickly.

Also - judging by the events so far, there's a ton of value to be had for a good tournament player. I've watched more of the events than anyone (other than my update partner Piotr who is turning into an amazing poker photographer), and when I see chip leaders folding to a short-stack's min-raise on a shorthanded final table - well I want to play very very badly.
  • I was getting ready for WPT Montreal and checked the weather forecast for Montreal and was greeted with the following alert:
    Snowfall Warning
    15 to 25 centimetres of snow is expected in these regions.

:
    Consider delaying travel plans. Beware of falling tree branches and power lines as the snow will be quite heavy.
    :rage:
    The temperature is forecast not to go above -6º C between Thursday and Saturday in Montreal, so my friend wants to go out as little as possible and just stay in the hotel pool. :-\ I'll have to bring both my blizzard and swimming wear.
    mikelbyl wrote: »
    The shuttle is going from the two downtown hotels to Playground at 11am each morning of the Day 1s and Day 2 of the WPT (main event) and returning after play finishes.

People generally end up arranging to share cab rides or get lifts from folks who have or who have rented cars. If you're coming from Toronto there's a great argument to drive and have your car with you for the festival.
  • The hotel does have a decent bar/restaurant as well
  • That amount of snow this early in the season (i.e, not adding to existing snowbanks etc) shouldn't really stop anything or even slow things down very much in Montreal. The forces of good (i.e., the salt trucks, ploughs, etc) were already out in force tonight and there's barely a cm on the ground.