Albums That Stand the Test of Time

2»

Comments

• The Final Cut? THE FINAL CUT ?!? Having actually wasted real money on that piece of navel gazing, woe is me drivel, I feel confident in stating that Final cut doesn't even rate in Floyd's top 5, which would be in no particular order:
    Dark Side of the Moon (which makes the list)
    Wish You Were Here (ditto)
    Animals
    The Wall
    Division Bells
  • Add to the list:

Boston by Boston

The Cars by The Cars

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
  • Well, that's your opinion. Pink Floyd fans didn't like it at the time because it signaled the end of the band. But it's an excellent album. When it came out Rolling Stone magazine called it a masterpiece.
  • I bought it, played it put it back in the milk crate. Played side A for my older brother, and he was not even interested in side B. A lot of my friends like Floyd. None of them like Final Cut. But okay, Rolling Stone knows best, I guess . . .

Just did a quick google search for "top-5 Pink Floyd albums" . . .

Page 1 had Final Cut listed 3 times: 1 second, 1 fourth, and 1 fifth. I think I'll stand by my assessment.
  • Not a band that will come to mind immediately, but a great album none the less.
  • I get it. You don't like the album. That doesn't mean it isn't a good record.

And DJ, excellent album.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Not a band that will come to mind immediately, but a great album none the less.

I love Dire Straits...their albums certainly hold up.

Most of Clapton's as well.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    I get it. You don't like the album. That doesn't mean it isn't a good record.

And DJ, excellent album.

Correct, I don't, and neither do a LOT of Floyd fans . . . fuck Rolling Stone.
  • I like the part...

Where Milo says he actually googled and found sites saying the album was top 5 three times, yet "a LOT of Floyd fans" don't like it, an backs it up with his friends and his brother.

Lulz

Mark
  • Also, this...

220px-Bob_Dylan_-_Highway_61_Revisited.jpg

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I like the part...

Where Milo says he actually googled and found sites saying the album was top 5 three times, yet "a LOT of Floyd fans" don't like it, an backs it up with his friends and his brother.

Lulz

Mark

Urm . . . stated an opinion, backed it up with anecdotal evidence that supports same (3 out about 30 responses on page 1, and #2 was the best result. I was not going to go further to see if I was an outlier). Rolling Stone is entitled to their opinion, but they are not the be all and end all of music critique.
  • Wat? Edit: oops milo beat me. But still one of the most iconic albums covers.

0109_album.jpg
  • I guess these one's are too obvious.
  • You could have just said "Rush" they are ALL great.
  • Milo wrote: »
    You could have just said "Rush" they are ALL great.

Power Windows?
  • Still better than most other dreck that came out at that time. Perhaps not a top 5 Rush disc, but still good.
  • Loc'ed After Dark
  • Milo wrote: »
    Rolling Stone is entitled to their opinion, but they are not the be all and end all of music critique.

No, but they know a hell of a lot more about music than you do.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    No, but they know a hell of a lot more about music than you do.

While this may be true, they have shown to hold grudges biases and against certain artists they don't personally like.
  • Englands Newest Hit Makers..Rolling Stones....cant get enough of "im a king bee"
    Pain in My Heart..Otis Redding

yes im old..older than compuese:)
  • marban wrote: »
    Englands Newest Hit Makers..Rolling Stones....cant get enough of "im a king bee"
    Pain in My Heart..Otis Redding

Hey... a replacement mod...;)
  • Don't need to be that old to appreciate Mr. Redding.
  • marban wrote: »

It's like there are parallel universes