1/2 is not beatable in the long run?

2»

Comments

• For every one hundred 1/2 players, roughly 20-35% will make a profit in the long run. The rest will lose money, i.e., they are not skilled enough to "beat the rake." Certain factors will make the number of winners in your table LOWER compared to another table in the long run, e.g.,

- effective rake of close to 10% (or more) instead of many pots over $50
    - more sharks instead of :fish: & LAGtards
    - short-handed instead of 10 players
    - more players buying in for the minimum instead of >= $200
    - not enough skill difference between the players like PartyPoker's segregation :rage: which can make the game unbeatable like slots.
    But if I sit down and make $20+ an hour, am I not profitable, regardless of the rake. As long as there is soft money to take from other players, I can remain profitable.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    For every one hundred 1/2 players, roughly 20-35% will make a profit in the long run. The rest will lose money, i.e., they are not skilled enough to "beat the rake." Certain factors will make the number of winners in your table LOWER compared to another table in the long run, e.g.,

- effective rake of close to 10% (or more) instead of many pots over $50
    - more sharks instead of :fish: & LAGtards
    - short-handed instead of 10 players
    - more players buying in for the minimum instead of >= $200
    - not enough skill difference between the players like PartyPoker's segregation :rage: which can make the game unbeatable like slots.

Cool, thanks BlondeFish.

I guess I'm not as worried right now as I only get to play on the weekends thanks to work at the moment, meaning there are plenty of fish at the tables and they're pretty much always full.

I opened a 1-2 on Sunday and luckily most people bought in for well over $100. I see your point though. I'm definitely looking at being there this weekend. Either Friday night through Saturday or again on Sunday.

Hoping to keep the total on my account growing for when I start my longer grinds and playing more often.

Cheers.