Who wins a battle in the afterlife??

13»

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    What a perfectly sane and reasonable discussion... Methinks we need some DrTyore/fed/Darb 'isms inserted here...>:D

your a nazi!>:D:D
  • trigs wrote: »
    you're a nazi!>:D:D

Fixed by your friendly neighbourhood grammar Nazi . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Fixed by your friendly neighbourhood grammar Nazi . . .

i was too excited to get the insult out lol
  • compuease wrote: »
    What a perfectly sane and reasonable discussion... Methinks we need some DrTyore/fed/Darb 'isms inserted here...>:D

Please don't ever associate my name with those other two.

I may be an ass, but I'm not an undiagnosed loon / racist fuckwad.

Mark
  • When does human life begin? In the end does it really matter?

• Dr. Alfred Bongioanni (University of Pennsylvania):
    “I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception.”

• Dr. Jerome LeJeune (University of Descartes):
    “after fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being.”

• Dr. Hymie Gordon (Mayo Clinic):
    “By all criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”

• Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth (Harvard University Medical School):
    “It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception”

I know there will be a list on the other side.

Human Embryology 101

1. Fetal heart begins to form 18 days after conception
    2. Measurable heart beat 21-24 days after conception
    3. Fetal brain begins to form on day 23
    4. Brain waves produced by 6 weeks
    5. Abortion stops a beating heart
    6. Most abortions occur after the fetus exhibits measurable brain waves
    7. The fetus is granted personhood if wanted by the mother or relative where the mother has been assaulted and the baby is in jeopardy.

Can't be denied. All true. Society just chooses to ignore it.

Women Have a “Right” to Control Their Own Body. Is the fetus part their body? Milo did a good job here.

• Separate circulatory system
    • Unique DNA

Do we have the rights to do anything with our bodies?
    • Self Assault? No
    • Illegal drugs? No
    • Use of drugs/alcohol during pregnancy?

No. Police, and medical staff often intervene.

Why not? If it is our own body. Screw the law!

Bernard N. Nathanson was an American medical doctor from New York who helped to found the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws, made a film called the Silent Scream. (youtube it) Walks you through a systematic plan to appeal the abortions laws. (It is taken from the scopes trial. They lost ignored the ruling and now you can lose your job if were to teach an alternative to Darwin and it hasn't even been 100 years since that verdict. Another topic for another day but a joke none the less) Non-religious guy who killed 75 000 unborn babies admits he was wrong based on the evidence of fetology.

Here is the thing. It doesn't matter what I can proof about life, when it begins or death, when it ends. It is "what each person is willing to live with". In the end we all know then given enough time, out comes a human like being. Cut the cord, tie a knot, put it the arms of the woman and everyone in the entire world calls it a baby - a human being.

The fact is most don't want it to come out because it requires responsibility. And may interfere with their life. So "kill the blob. It makes my life easier."

I choose life.
  • I take issue with a few points, but a very well reasoned comment. Didn't know you were a Wham fan . . .