Zithal's Vegas Trip / Bachelor Party

Hi everyone,

It took a bit to get the ducks lined up but we have confirmed dates for Vegas. We'll be going Friday, Aug 30, returning Tues, Sept 3.

Let me know if you're interested in going / meeting up while down there.

Now that the dates are out of the way, I'm hoping to get some help with flights, hotel rooms, possible tournaments to play while we're in town, and places we can't pass up to eat or visit.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Comments

• This might help you :D

the New School: Drinking Las Vegas - A Beer Snob's Guide

I would love to go, but unfortunately I cannot. I know you and your crew will have a blast.

Obviously, a trip report of what you remember is in order!
  • NICE! Love the guide. :)
  • The trip is booked. At the moment DrTyore, myself and 4 other friends are heading into Vegas from Aug 30 - Sept 3. Let me know if anyone will be there at the same time and we'll plan to meet up.

We'll be staying at TI for the duration.

Now, time to decide which tournaments and beer bars I'm heading to!
  • As we get closer to my first Vegas trip, I've scoured the internets and here are the tournaments I'm most interested in playing. I can't play them all, so am looking for feedack and suggestions for ones I'm missing.

Pretty much it's either the Venetian or the Wynn, with $55 Donk fests sprinkled in.

The Bellagio has the "Festa la Lego" classic going on, which means they're only running $500 and $1k tournaments.

I'm also hoping I've used the PF/SL spreadsheet correctly. :)

Any Free Night

10pm - Treasure Island $55 1K guaranteed - 27% Entry/Staff Fee. No posted structure online, but I've read it takes ~4 hours to finish up. Comments: The fees suck, the structure is likley too fast, but seems a fun way to gambol with $55. Value of tournament goes up if <25 people particiapte

Friday (Aug30)

7pm - Venetian - $200 Survivor - Tournament stops when 10% of players are left and everyone gets $1,600 - BlindOut: 3.05 hours, PF: 9.27, SL: 5 :: 17% Entry/Staff Fee Comments: Interesting way to distribute the prize pool. Structure is ok.

Sat

12pm - Wynn - $225 $25k Guarantee - (Opt $100 Addon) - 14.1% Staff/Entry Fee - BlindOut: 4.38 hours PF:19.22 SL:6 - Comments: 40 minute levels and a great structure. If taking the add-on, 15k v 10k starting stack and PF goes to 25.66. Worth it? This is mostly likely the "big one" that I'll play. The only part that gives me pause is the unlimited $200 re-buys. I wouldn't take one, so does that limit what I can do in the game?

12pm - Venetian - $300 BlackChip Bounty - Website and Las Vegas Poker Rooms | Las Vegas Poker Tournaments have slight differences. Website says $100 Bounty tournament with 30 min levels. PokerAtlas says 40 minute levels, no mention of bounty.

(I've also had the Binion's Sat tournament recommended)

Sun

12pm Wynn - $200 - $10k Guaranteed. Can't go wrong! 30 min levels, good stucture. $10k stack becomes $11 if you show up early. BO:3.77, PF:14.21, SL:6. Also has an optional $100 add on for 5,000 chips, which changes it to 4.23/17.91

12pm - Venetian - $200 - 17% Entry/STaff fees. 30 minute levels. BO:3.96, PF:15.68, SL:6. Similar sturcture to the Sat tournament, but likely with less of a prize pool.
  • I would do the Sat Wynn. It gets you up to that part of the strip and often there is an overlay because they don't get enough entries for the guarantee, which is probably why they made it a rebuy, which mostly means the worst players might stick in another entry fee!
  • The Aria has a daily 1pm and 7 pm for 125$. It's a nice room and good selection of beer. If you are on twitter Aria Poker can be followed and they give updates/ results / numbers of players and money up top. I was there for my first time in May and this was easily the nicest place to play ( even though I didn't play much)
  • That's not too bad at all for a $125. (3.68/13.57/6)
  • Going around the 14th for my 40th anniversary

Milton Slim

P.S. there the you haven't posted message has gone away again!!!!
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    Going around the 14th for my 40th anniversary

Milton Slim

And you didn't invite me? :(
    Going around the 14th for my 40th anniversary

Milton Slim

• compuease wrote: »
    And you didn't invite me? :(

I can't keep up to you and your cavalier

NO SLEEP
    NO EAT WAYS

I'm not a kid anymore!

Milton Slim
    I can't keep up to you and your cavalier

NO SLEEP
    NO EAT WAYS

I'm not a kid anymore!

Milton Slim

That's Bob, not me! Have a great time..
  • Have a good time! Looking forward to the trip report.
  • Have a good time! Looking forward to the trip report.

+1.

Sad to miss this, I guess we'll have to live vicariously through Zithal and Drtyore
  • Look forward to writing it. Been a long while since I've been able to do up a trip report. :)
  • I'm both pumped and sad...

JohnnieH is leaving :(

But, I haz lots of gambooling money for Vegas, and Zithal and I are feeling degen.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I'm both pumped and sad...

But, I haz lots of gambooling money for Vegas, and Zithal and I are feeling degen.

Mark

Don't lose it all first night
  • westside8 wrote: »
    don't lose it all first night

again!
    I'm both pumped and sad...

Mark

Cashed in the empties? :D
  • Lol

I think me and Zithal determined a "safeword" to use to say "Hey dumbass, stop drinking for about an hour"

Mark
    Lol

I think me and Zithal determined a "safeword" to use to say "Hey dumbass, stop drinking for about an hour"

Mark

One that won't offend dealers where you would get 86'd?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    One that won't offend dealers where you would get 86'd?

Don't be a penis. lol

Mark
  • Quick update.

We are alive and Rob has just updated his health status to "C-". Trip report will be forthcoming, but expect to hear about "Ontario" the girl and why we are always wearing shoes in the hotel room.

Mark
    Quick update.

We are alive and Rob has just updated his health status to "C-". Trip report will be forthcoming, but expect to hear about "Ontario" the girl and why we are always wearing shoes in the hotel room.

Mark

moar....
  • Moar?

$350 breakfast tab

Mark
    Moar?

$350 breakfast tab

Mark
    hookers for breakfast?
  • Bally's Sterling buffet?
  • No buffet have been partaken in.
    #waitforit
    #puertoricans

Mark
  • I'm simply going to expect a lengthy and descriptive trip report upon your return. After a significant sobering period of course.
  • I'm simply going to expect a lengthy and descriptive trip report upon your return. After a significant sobering period of course.

So, some light reading for Thanksgiving? American Thanksgiving, that is . . .