Tournament Guide for Ontario

Comments

• all live players....run to the hills....Blondefish is back!
  • Does Mowhawk run these tabels, if so any tournaments?
  • bigslik77 wrote: »
    Does Mowhawk run these tabels, if so any tournaments?

Yes, yes... Only 2 tables though...Think there is a tournament on Sundays... $100.
  • The $90+$10 electronic tournaments at Mohawk & other Slots locations also have the highest Skill Level of 6! "cheers: In other words, all these electronic tournaments and cash games are a paradigm shift; as long as the poker community supports them with their lower rake, a lot more play & no tipping costs, then the other poker rooms will be forced to compete or die.

- 10,000 chips, 20-minute levels
    - Patience Factor = 16.4! (higher chips, SL & PF than the $400 tournaments at Rama)
    - Rake: 10%

I had forgotten that Mohawk Racetrack is actually the closest poker room to me. Since I last played live, there are now four low-rake poker rooms that are closer for me to drive to than GBH and Rama! I plan to play this Sunday's tournament at 2 PM. Does anybody know how many players Mohawk have been getting on Sunday afternoons?

If the Milton Rocks and other forumers are willing to play the best-value tournaments, we can request a Deep Stack structure instead of the $100 structure at any of the tournament locations.
    $110+$10 Deep Stack
    - 15,000 chips, 20-minute levels
    - Rake: 8.3% (or even lower for the $160-$1,090 Deep Stacks)
    - Patience Factor = 20!

I have updated my OP with the Mohawk information.
    compuease wrote: »
    Yes, yes... Only 2 tables though...Think there is a tournament on Sundays... $100.
  • sometimes a little more rake is justified by the larger prize pool. Seems like a long drive for a two table tournament.
  • Mohawk is probably the closest poker room (or 2nd closest) for the many forumers in Milton, Oakville, Halton, Burlington, Campbellville, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Hamilton, etc., including me. If players like you and me support these best-value tournaments, then there will be more cash game players for you (as tournament players get eliminated) and more low-rake tables in the future, instead of killing the electronic tables like what happened at Excalibur. It's sad that Ontario players no longer have the OPTION of WPT events and $2K week-long series at Brantford for years now. :'(
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    Seems like a long drive for a two table tournament.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I plan to play this Sunday's tournament at 2 PM. Does anybody know how many players Mohawk have been getting on Sunday afternoons?
    They get 2 tables as that is all the seats they have. Say hi to BigBob for me, I think he plays most Sundays... I haven't played there yet...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Say hi to BigBob for me
    Wat, "Bigbob will be there"?! ;) I'll not only say hi, I'll buy him a drink - and any other forumer I recognize at the next Deep Stack tournament I play.
  • interested for the 13th .

sorry I can't pm worth shit from android .

my email and phone number are the same if you want to reach me
  • Thanks, Blondefish for info. I will be visiting my parents in Gtown this summer and possibly moving back as I have job interview in Guelph. If I get job I will be staying at parents for short term. Mowhawk is like 10 mins from their place.
  • pkrfce9 & I are headed to Georgian Downs tonight for some tournament & cash game debauchery, including Woodbine possibly. As I posted in my OP, the $75+$5 electronic tournament has a Patience Factor of 10 and rake of only 6%. :cool2:
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    interested for the 13th
    pkrfce9 & I are headed to Georgian Downs tonight for some tournament & cash game debauchery, including Woodbine possibly. As I posted in my OP, the $75+$5 electronic tournament has a Patience Factor of 10 and rake of only 6%. :cool2:

Out of curiosity bonefish, where exactly are you located? Reason I ask is because Georgian downs is about a 10 min drive from where I am.....sorry if posted above, but how often does Georgian run these two table trny's?
  • I dunno who "bonefish" is, :baffled: UBetIJam, but I live in Oakville. I'm not as lucky as you in living so close to Georgian Downs, but it is still closer to me than the other tournament alternatives such as Rama, GBH and Western Fair. If you look at its tournament calendar, it runs up to THREE-table tournaments 2-3 times a week, including $220+$10 Deep Stacks. :h:
    UBetIFold wrote: »
    Out of curiosity bonefish, where exactly are you located? Reason I ask is because Georgian downs is about a 10 min drive from where I am.....sorry if posted above, but how often does Georgian run these two table trny's?
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    how often does Georgian run these two table trny's?

I usually include these tournaments under the "weekly" category but just realized they don't show the date details with this search feature. I will start to include these under both the "weekly" and "upcoming" categories to make it easier for players to find. They still show properly in the right side calendar if you are looking for tournaments on a specific date.

Weekly Tournaments | All Ontario Poker
  • Thanks for the replies. Disregard my phones auto correct.
  • ..."Does anybody know how many players Mohawk have been getting on Sunday afternoons?"

The tournaments have been selling out lately with two full tables - 20 runners. Show up before 1pm to register or you may not get a seat. You can't register by phone unfortunately.
  • The tournaments have been selling out lately
    :o Wow, I was told that Mohawk used to have 3 tables but after Woodbine opened, there was so little demand for poker at Mohawk that they took a table away. Why did tournaments suddenly become so popular at Mohawk that you have to show up more than an hour before the poker room even opens?

If the $90+10 tournaments with 10% rake and Patience Factor of 16 have been selling out, then players should ask for the Deep Stack higher buy-in tournaments with lower rake %, such as the $220+$10 (only 4% rake, PF=37; maybe on the first Sunday of each month?), $150+$10, and eventually the $530+$20 (only 3.6% rake, PF=59). :cool: Will Mohawk try to bring back the third table?
  • Poker is slow during weekdays at Mohawk. They did remove the third table to make room for an electronic roulette game. The cash game picks up on the weekends, and I think Saturdays may be the busiest day of the week. For some reason, the Sunday $100.00 tournament fills up, and there is usually a decent cash game after the tournament gets down to the final table. I believe their poker rewards ($.50/hr) can be applied towards tournament entry etc...instead of food.

I'd say that usually 3/4 of tournament players at Mohawk are regulars..
  • I just got home from a long cash game session (winning), so I won't wake up in time for today's electronic tournaments. To those who play a tournament, please check your Electronic Poker Rewards (through a cashier or Winners Circle) before and after the tournament to confirm that we do get credited.

If Mohawk manages to have a Deep Stack tourney >= June 17, I'll play there.
    Show up before 1pm to register or you may not get a seat.
  • Now that I've woken up & gotten a preliminary trip report, there was at least one forumer who cashed in today's sold-out tournament so congrats to her.
    To those who play a tournament, please check your Electronic Poker Rewards (through a cashier or Winners Circle) before and after the tournament to confirm that we do get credited.
  • I'll be checking out the tournaments on Sunday's. I'm in Burlington and Mohawk is like 15 minutes away from my house.
  • Those $90+$10 tournaments are better than most non-electronic tournaments, but the 20+ Mohawk players can request (905-854-4053 x240) even better options such as the $220+$10, $150+10 or $110+10 Deep Stacks. The higher the buy-in, the easier it is to beat the lower rake and the more play you get. See my OP for the complete list of even better tournament structures with lower rake.
    Icedog wrote: »
    I'll be checking out the tournaments on Sunday's. I'm in Burlington and Mohawk is like 15 minutes away from my house.
  • Anybody else thinking of playing the $80 8-000 chip tournament tonight at Georgian Downs with only 6% rake?
    Anybody else thinking of playing the $80 8-000 chip tournament tonight at Georgian Downs with only 6% rake?

Did you end up playing this? TR?

Any idea what the field is like on average?

Thanks
  • A couple of friends couldn't make it and the weather looked bad so I didn't make the drive that night. The last time I played at Georgian Downs, there were actually several tournaments that ran; the field is like Brantford casual players. Hopefully, this Thursday's Deep Stack tournament with only 4% rake will be as well supported as the sold-out Mohawk tournaments with 10% rake.
    UBetIFold wrote: »
    Did you end up playing this?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I will start to include these under both the "weekly" and "upcoming" categories to make it easier for players to find.
    Thanks for updating the Ontario tournament schedule. I will be playing at least six juicy tournaments this month.
  • It might just be easier for me to give you access to the site, and you can keep it updated for me :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    They get 2 tables as that is all the seats they have. Say hi to BigBob for me, I think he plays most Sundays... I haven't played there yet...

Just back from the Mohawk Bingo Game. What a clusterfuck of bad play. KK《KQ, JJ 《 89, JJ《2 callers with AQ. I don't understand how people are unable to fold an overpair when they get check raised by the tightest players at the table. I also don't understand why the tightest players are jamming with the nuts against buffers. I need to work on my game.

Big Bob was still in it somehow, playing tighter than a nun at a Friday the 13th rally. I hope he gets lucky and avoids getting unlucky which is more crucial.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • Oh yeah. And I hit my first live royal flush against big Bob and the bastard didn't pay me off :mad:

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta