For Sale: Vid of Mayor Ford Smoking Crack

Not mine:

http://gawker.com/for-sale-a-video-of-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-smoking-cra-507736569

Hopefully this is true, gets bought, and made public. And if he's as good as Marion Barry, he'll get re-elected.
Rob Ford purchases his crack cocaine from a crew of Toronto drug dealers that service a veritable who's who of A-list...Torontonians? Torontites? Anyway, a lot of prominent people in Toronto purchase and enjoy crack and powder cocaine, and they all buy it from the same folks. The same folks Ford buys it from. Ford's longtime friend, people on his staff, his brother, a prominent hockey analyst, and more.

Comments

• Big Rick Astley fan?
  • Apparently Robyn Doolittle and Kevin Donovan of the Toronto Star have viewed the video. She tweets to read tomorrow's Star.

I can't wait. This should be good.
  • Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in 'crack cocaine' video scandal | Toronto Star

LOL Doesn't look good for the mayor. Who is surprised though?
  • Uh oh . . . curious who the other crack-heads might be.
  • Prominent hockey analyst. Couldn't be Don Cherry, could it? I'm inclined to not think it is him. PJ Stock, maybe? He looks a little jumpy sometimes.
  • Don Cherry is what, 80? yeeeh it ain't him.

James Duthie, maybe?
  • The fund is up to almost $125k. Only 5 days left to raise the rest, so not sure if it will happen. It helps that Daily Show advertised it last night.

Rob Ford Crackstarter | Indiegogo

Jon Stewart rips Rob Ford like Toronto's Mayor rips crack!? | Daily Show 21/05/2013 - YouTube
  • Why not just take a drug test?
  • why not just fire the fucking idiot?
  • Nothing like giving 200k to drug dealers. wtf?!?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Nothing like giving 200k to drug dealers. wtf?!?

How do you know how much the mayor spent on crack? ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Nothing like giving 200k to drug dealers. wtf?!?

Nothing illegal about selling a video.

$145K ... 4 days left ... just might get there.
  • Ford needs to say something . . . if that video hits the web, he is done. even if it turns out to be bogus, he will not be able to corral that Council to get ANYTHING passed.
  • It'll fund...but will the video ever be shown? I have a feeling the owner already got some $ or warnings to get rid of the video*
    Guy at Gawker can't contact the owner of the video anymore....

*nothing to back that up...just bs.
  • Yeah, I read that. Hopefully the guy is just laying low until the money is raised. We shall see. I don't doubt that Ford may have some people looking for him. He's definitely in a delicate position vis a vis the police and being a drug dealer and all.
  • The $200,000 transaction will have to be reported to both sides of the border. Homeland Security and Canada Customs can scrutinize it for possible money laundering, terrorism or other criminal activity. If the Somalians sold drugs to Ford and recorded the video then sold the footage in an attempt to profit from their criminal activity, both the payment and the video could be seized.
    kwsteve wrote: »
    Nothing illegal about selling a video.
  • Maybe. We shall see.

An innocent person, one who knew there could not possibly be a video, would have immediately sued for libel and defamation. That's the way I look at it, anyway.
  • I have no doubt that he is a crackhead and there is/was a video. The fact that Ford finally came forward today and made a concrete statement that he doesn't smoke crack etc means he now has control of the video imo. Which is sad, I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully copies were made that will still 'leak'
  • You're probably right he's got the video now. But this story still has legs.

Globe investigation: The Ford family
  • Not that there was any doubt, but it's official. Toronto police have the video. Ford's friend charged with extortion in connection with trying to retrieve the video. The only question is was Ford profiting from the sale of crack cocaine?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10/31/rob-ford-crack-video-the-focus-of-investigation-drug-trafficking-search-warrant-documents-say/
  • lmfao!
    Faced Wednesday with the imminent release of the ITO, Councillor Doug Ford, the mayor’s brother, said only: “I am not even paying attention to all that… Rob is the most honest politician in the country.”
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Not that there was any doubt, but it's official. Toronto police have the video. Ford's friend charged with extortion in connection with trying to retrieve the video. The only question is was Ford profiting from the sale of crack cocaine?

Rob Ford says he won’t resign after Toronto police say they found video | National Post

Fanboys are already retrenching. Apparently FORD was the person that Lisi was supposedly extorting . . . LOL

Time for Ford to go . . .
  • Love the way he says he can't comment because the matter is "before the courts."

Nothing is before the courts. He hasn't been charged with anything. He can comment all day long on it if he wanted to. Such a slimy person, even for a politician. Just lying with impunity.

Personally I don't care about the allegations of drug use. But I recall when Trudeau said he smoked a joint a few years ago while he was an MP. The Conservatives went ballistic with the rhetoric; had a bunch of high-ranking MPs, ministers even, denouncing him and calling for him to be charged with a crime. Not a peep about Ford though. Crickets. They're a total joke too. I long for the days of the PCs with Brian Mulroney. At least he had some class and half the corruption.

Apparently Ford tried using his position as mayor to receive some kind of favourable treatment from police. Not sure what that is as yet, but it'll come out.
  • The only thing one can "convict" Ford of is lying. the test of any commenter is, are they consistent. As much as I support certain aspects of Ford's agenda, in particular reigning in the Union profligacy in Toronto, the fact is he is not going to be able to get ANYTHING done while this circus continues. He has been proven to have lied to his constituents and, much like when Clinton perjured himself, he needs to be removed from office for a lack of fitness for the office.

One other thing . . . as has been stated multiple times on the radio last night and today, this "crisis" highlights an interesting point about politics and politicians . . . namely that the City continues to function even though the "political" portion will be paralyzed by this. The garbage will be picked up, building permits will be issued, parks and rec facilities will be open. Makes you wonder why we need to spend so much money on these "distractions" who hold public office, doesn't it?
  • I wonder of all the people posting in this thread, how many are actually living in Toronto?
  • RAM_Eh wrote: »
    I wonder of all the people posting in this thread, how many are actually living in Toronto?

why?
  • RAM_Eh wrote: »
    I wonder of all the people posting in this thread, how many are actually living in Toronto?

Why does it matter? Are they not allowed to have an opinion or make comments?
  • apparently now ford has admitted the tape is real and admits he's in it. in fact, he's getting his lawyer to demand that the tape be released to the public.
    Rob Ford's lawyer urged police to release the video alleged to show the Toronto mayor smoking crack cocaine, and suggested Ford was smoking another substance, such as marijuana or tobacco.

this guy is a complete joke.