Bristol St. 2013 OFCP Championship - Wed. May 15th - 7pm (Waterloo)

2»

Comments

• Having wrote all that, I'm willing to trust the minds-that-be to go with the "only win or lose the amount of chips you start the hand with" and go with it.

I have a feeling that there's no perfect payout system.
  • Before everyone gets confused, payouts are pretty straightforward. It's only once players get close to elimination that these bizarro situations would apply.
  • Quimby wrote: »
    A 5 points
    B 10 points
    C 20 points
    D 40 points

I think Player A should play his 5 points against each player.

If it was a 4-way allin in NL player A would quadruple up and I don't see why s/he should be limited to just a double up.

Yes but if we treat each hand as a multi-entry heads up match that costs 5 points to enter, player A started the hand with only enough points to play one match. The matches are scored in a linear fashion against the other opponents, not simultaneously.
  • Either way I think it will be a good night.

I may not be late depending on weather (if my daughter plays field hockey that night).

P.S. What's the starting stack?
  • Currently at 5,000 with the starting level being 25/point (So, missed hands are 75 to each player) I think we're going to play 5-6 levels at 25 before starting to bring up the blinds.

But, since we're at a low number, I'm perfectly happy to double starting stacks to 10k.
  • sign me up
  • sign trevor up please
  • One small change. It seems popular choice to change the level to 4 hand per from 3 hands per.

In the original schedule, I was guessing the tourney would end around the 1,000 per point level. This is 3x14+2 (first level) = 44 hands. At ~7 minutes a piece, it's a 5 hours tournament.

If we increase to 4 hands per level we get 4x14+1 = 57 hands, or about 6-7 hours.

So to compensate for increased hands, I'm going to remove 3 levels from the schedule.

Levels 5, 8 and 11 will be removed which gets us back to 45 hands.

Also, increasing starting stack to 10k may be bit much, but we'll add an extra thousand or two if we stay under 10 players.

See you tonight!!
  • Congrats to SeekTheGrail who becomes our first ever OFC Poker Champion! He bested a field of nine to take the title, include a huge come-from-behind victory over 2nd place finisher Waltsfriend.

The tournament went fairly smoothly, but we will be returning in a couple weeks with classic No Limit action as we present "Bristol Street Classic 60"!!
  • Thanks for hosting Rob; I really enjoyed the event. I did go into heads up with a better than 8:1 chip lead, but then I choked like the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 3rd period of a Game 7. Congratulations on your win Steve.
  • Thanks Rob and Sandy. It was a real luckbox win to be sure. See you at the next Bristol! Cheers, Steve
  • Really enjoyed this tournament, even more than I had expected. Fun to play a new format where strategy is still evolving. I would tweak the levels a bit in future (they escalated pretty quickly) but that is a minor point.

Rob, do I get Bristol Points for my 4th place finish? :)
  • You did! PoY points are updated in the thread in the Original Post. I'm also tracking where players were ranked in the previous month.