Hockey thread

I find it silly that we have a number of topics about really an irrelevant baseball team(Don't get me wrong I love baseball I live in the heart of baseball for Canada but the Jays are a joke) but no real thread dedicated to hockey.

Note I named it Hockey and not NHL.. so don't be all up in my face about how NHLers are all spoiled millionaires that play a game for a living.. let us discuss all things Hockey... from yes the NHL to Juniors, International, Street... anything.

But yes the Playoff stretch drive is on and a cool little tidbit.. if the playoffs started today all Original 6 teams would face each other in the first round.

Comments

• Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary aren't even in the playoffs at the moment?
  • Winnipeg has an outside shot.. they need to win at least 5 of their remaining games though they've just hit a wall and played more games then everyone else already.

Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto(Yes, Toronto) are in right now.
  • nevermind... I read original 6 and computed it as canadian teams.
  • Habs. That is all.

/thread closed.
  • Winnepeg will be hard pressed to get in, they essentially have to beat Washington in the standings who are on a roll since Ovi has cranked it up.
  • Sutherland Cup Round Robin
    The Sutherland Cup round robin has been announced! Cambridge will face St. Catharine’s and London to determine which two teams will face off in a best of 7 Sutherland Cup Championship Finals for Jr. B supremacy.

Friday April 12th- Cambridge at St. Catharines- 7:30pm in Jack Gatecliffe Rink
    Saturday April 13th- London at Cambridge- 7pm in Galt Arena Gardens
    Wednesday April 17th- St. Catharines at London- 7:30pm in Western Fair Community Centre
    Friday April 19th- London at St. Catharines- 7:30pm in Jack Gatecliffe Rink
    Saturday April 20th- St. Catharines at Cambridge- 7pm in Galt Arena Gardens
    Monday April 22nd- Cambridge at London- 7:30pm at Western Fair Community Centre

More than likely heading Fri to St. Kitts to see the Hawks play. Unfortunately will miss the game on Sat for the Royal Cup. Probably will be a sell out too.
  • Pretty cool to see all 4 Canadian teams in the East in the playoff hunt.

The ridiculous overreaction of Blue Jays fans will be nothing compared to the outcry if/when the Leafs pull their usual springtime nosedive and miss the playoffs.
  • Leafs are in . . . it would be a collapse of earth shattering proportions for them to drop out of the playoffs now.
  • I expect Boston to over take mtl setting up mtl vs toronto match up.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Leafs are in . . . it would be a collapse of earth shattering proportions for them to drop out of the playoffs now.

Never underestimate the ability of the Leafs to pull off a collapse of earth shattering proportions.

And I am a Leaf fan. A jaded one, of course!
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    Never underestimate the ability of the Leafs to pull off a collapse of earth shattering proportions.

And I am a Leaf fan. A jaded one, of course!

They may be the Leafs, but that does not make them the cubs, right?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Leafs are in . . . it would be a collapse of earth shattering proportions for them to drop out of the playoffs now.
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    Pretty cool to see all 4 Canadian teams in the East in the playoff hunt.

The ridiculous overreaction of Blue Jays fans will be nothing compared to the outcry if/when the Leafs pull their usual springtime nosedive and miss the playoffs.

No way they miss the playoffs this time. 4 points in the remaining 9 games guarantees at least 8th... Pretty sure my grandsons rep team could get that many...:)
  • Just cause your grandsons rep team would do it doesn't mean the leafs can...
  • Just cause your grandsons rep team would do it doesn't mean the leafs can...

Odds on Leafs making playoffs this year? 10-1 for... I'll put up $100.
  • 20.00 on the Leafs
  • The leafs will finish in. A lock for 5th.
  • Macke wrote: »
    I find it silly that we have a number of topics about really an irrelevant baseball team(Don't get me wrong I love baseball I live in the heart of baseball for Canada but the Jays are a joke) but no real thread dedicated to hockey.

Note I named it Hockey and not NHL.. so don't be all up in my face about how NHLers are all spoiled millionaires that play a game for a living.. let us discuss all things Hockey... from yes the NHL to Juniors, International, Street... anything.

But yes the Playoff stretch drive is on and a cool little tidbit.. if the playoffs started today all Original 6 teams would face each other in the first round.

Watch this series and you will have you your answer. You can take any one part of it and see why, taken as a whole and their is no greater game on earth.

PBS Baseball The Tenth Inning 1 of 4

Prophet22
  • 20.00 on the Leafs

Don't think anyone will have the nerve to take us up on it.. :(
  • compuease wrote: »

It's the unrealistic odds you created.... 2:1 I'll take the bet(s).

Ok, but I think they will stay in when all is said and done. Let's say you can buy me Swiss Chalet if they do and I will do the same if they don't. Providing I make it back to Canada at some point. ^-^

I so miss Swiss Chalet

Prophet22
  • When I was in Punta Cana, I went on a time share presentation thing, on the tour of the upgraded facility, I was certain I smelt Swiss Chalet, I had such a craving over come me! I believe the Leafs will make he playoffs and will remain in the 5th slot. They'll beat Montreal in 6 games. Then lose to Boston. Pitt will beat NYI in the other 2nd round. Bold predictions... :) Pitt vs Boston to go to the cup....
  • Ok, but I think they will stay in when all is said and done. Let's say you can buy me Swiss Chalet if they do and I will do the same if they don't. Providing I make it back to Canada at some point. ^-^

I so miss Swiss Chalet

Prophet22

So I'm betting Leafs make the playoffs and you are betting the don't, for swiss chalet when/if you make it back? Deal...
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    It's the unrealistic odds you created.... 2:1 I'll take the bet(s).

I will lower my odds for Leafs to make the playoffs, 4-1, a steal.... My $80. vs your $20... I say the Leafs make the playoffs. What say you?
    So I'm betting Leafs make the playoffs and you are betting the don't, for swiss chalet when/if you make it back? Deal...

I thought you were saying the Leafs would not make the playoffs. So I guess we don't have a bet. There is no way the leafs blow this lead.
    I will lower my odds for Leafs to make the playoffs, 4-1, a steal.... My $80. vs your $20... I say the Leafs make the playoffs. What say you?

Alright. I'll put on down $10 at 4-1 they miss the playoffs. I'm sure I'm punting 10 bones but it'll be fun to watch if they fall.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Alright. I'll put on down $10 at 4-1 they miss the playoffs. I'm sure I'm punting 10 bones but it'll be fun to watch if they fall.

Uhh I hate to explain how sports betting works but 10-1 is better for you. Comp pays $100 if they miss. You pay $10 if they make. Why would you take $40?

...the guy that wanted 2:1...

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg
  • I wanted 2:1. But i too thought he was betting they wouldn't make the playoffs.
  • Leafs fans are getting excited. They may experience something they haven't experienced in years and years. As a result, they're expressing unrealistic expectations.

They'll probably scrape into the playoffs. But an early exit is most likely. 19th in goals against, 17th in power play, also the most penalized team in the NHL. Luckily they have a decent PK or they wouldn't even be in a position to make the playoffs. But still not looking good for the Leafs come playoff time.
  • I think the Rangers will shock everyone by putting the Pens out in first round, from there who knows.
  • bigslik77 wrote: »
    I think the Rangers will shock everyone by putting the Pens out in first round, from there who knows.

That would be a shock . . . Kitchener plays in the OHL, last I looked.