My new Bucket List: Fly in lunches with CPF members

2»

Comments

• Hobbes wrote: »
    Can you come to Sault Ste Marie and pick me up? :D

Of course! It would only cost you about $1000. Let me know when you are ready :D
    I'd be into that John, I'm just not sure I could spend more than an hour in one before I started to get squirmy.

How are you in a car after awhile? You might feel different, but for me I don't feel cramped or confined at all. Let's wait for the weather to improve somewhat though.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    How are you in a car after awhile? You might feel different, but for me I don't feel cramped or confined at all. Let's wait for the weather to improve somewhat though.

Drove across the country in a Civic hatchback, 14hrs/day for 5 days but we stopped and got out to stretch every now and again which helped. Getting out and stretching would be a very different experience and outcome in the 150. I'd be fine for a tour about the area I'm 100% sure.

Yep, would likely be a great summer experience. Kincardine is absolutely stunning in the summer. Years ago, National Geographic had a team of photographers set up for days on our beaches taking pics of the sunsets, etc.
  • how does johnnie come up to kincardine and i dont even get an invite to come join u guys for lunch

:bs:
  • costanza wrote: »
    how does johnnie come up to kincardine and i dont even get an invite to come join u guys for lunch

:bs:

Cause you were Banned? :D
  • Forgot to post that I FINALLY made into the GTA. Let me know if you want to hook up for lunch!

521775_10152680262880324_805538478_n.jpg
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Forgot to post that I FINALLY made into the GTA. Let me know if you want to hook up for lunch!

521775_10152680262880324_805538478_n.jpg

I'm no longer downtown, but if you ever feel like flying to Buttonville....
  • I finally earned my night rating and I cleared to the East.

Who's next?
  • I have the plane booked for 10am Saturday. Who wants a lunch visitor? Milo? Comp? Cerb?

Also looking for a passenger to keep me company during the flight.
  • I've got a hankering for a sight seeing flight over Niagara Falls soon.

Anybody want to come with?
  • Thats awesome, I question if you can land in my drive way as I live in the sticks if I remove the log I use for curb...course with the taking off and landing it might be quicker to drive it! Well done johnnie.
  • getem76 wrote: »
    Thats awesome, I question if you can land in my drive way as I live in the sticks if I remove the log I use for curb...course with the taking off and landing it might be quicker to drive it! Well done johnnie.

Haha. No landing in the sticks, but there are a few airports close to Woodstock like Tilsenburg, London and oh yeah, my home airport in Stratford.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

Welcome back Dave, it's all good... Your wit welcome as well, although perhaps not your alter ego.. >:D
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

How awesome would that be?!

Although Cali is a tad far, I am starting to think about taking a US trip somewhere. One of the criteria for my commercial license is that I need to make a 300 nautical mile trip somewhere.

Stratford to Chicago is exactly 309 nautical miles :)
  • July 18-21 I am down for Chicago. How much is this going to cost me?
  • moose wrote: »
    July 18-21 I am down for Chicago. How much is this going to cost me?

Wow. That's very cool of you to offer, but I won't be going anytime soon. Late fall at the earliest.

I estimate the trip would be about 8-9 hours in the plane + hotel/rental car/other expenses at our destination. I guess the cost would be $500-$600 for me and one passenger. A second pax would bring it to $300-$400
  • I'll be down for Chicago but how much would adding the Buttonville portion cost in additional?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    maybe you want to bring your kids to the new Legoland at Vaughan Mills. That would be a fun day trip for them.
    Is the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre still fun & worth it for a 12-year old girl? Does it only take 2-3 hours to go through all the LEGO attractions? This is the first place I've seen that "Adults must be accompanied by a child to visit the attraction" instead of the child needing to be accompanied.
  • Last flight in Ontario for awhile, took the family to The Falls:

995975_10153135243865324_982818879_n.jpg
  • Did you "drop in"?
  • That looks friggin awesome!