How to deal with Bubble.

2»

Comments

• Your not being harsh, it's obvious you're trying to help.
  • Tcarnage wrote: »
    A9 is a shove, you have under 2BB.. the BB should be calling with any 2 cards.. (Yes even 2/7offusit) - According to ICM.. The fact you waited to have 2.25bb is a problem in itself, and there should of been a lot more hands shoved before hand...

You shoved 2.87 BB In your spot even T2o is a shove (ICM) the fact he had A9 and you got a flip you should be extremely happy for..

I'm pretty sure from the 4 hands i evaluated you are extremely nitty, and you think you can just wait for a hand and win an MTT.. there is a lot more to it and I would REALLY recommend if you do want to get better at your end game to download SNGWizard or some ICM software and plug in some numbers.. You are blinding out and giving youself no fold equity.. (Something else you should read up on)

Sorry if it's harsh, don't want to be just want to give good info so you can improve your game..

It is fine.. I post here to learn and get better, right? It is just at this one club.. I look around at final table or a couple away and see everyone with <10BBish and get lured into a sense of security that my stack is fine too..so yes at that point I do sometimes will just wait around for a decent starting hand to shove...

Oh and yes I do think I can be a real nit at times.. just look at my sig lol
  • Take heart in knowing that it's not totally your fault. The tournament structure seems really turbo-ish. Like hyper-"GTFO of my bar" turbo.
  • I need to learn to give up my BB more often... just gets me into trouble... but I just hate having my chips be dead... so here is the last tournament hand I played...damn tournaments.

So... I have 40,100... for this hand the blinds are 1k/2k (though while the hand was being dealt they went up to 2k/4k so I'd only have 10bbs..grr... but of the 25players left or so still would leave me probably top 5 in chips was chip leader at table)

Anyways in BB I have..queen 5 clubs and am min raised.. I call to see flop... it was a pretty decent flop of

Q, 4, 6.

Me: Check
    Him: 6k
    Me:...all in.. just wanting to take the pot right there.

He gave me a speech saying how I was trapping or something blah blah and then 2 minutes later he called and shows AK and hits ace on river to cripple me.

How to fold BB?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Take heart in knowing that it's not totally your fault. The tournament structure seems really turbo-ish. Like hyper-"GTFO of my bar" turbo.

it is more like "GTFO need to catch the last skytrain home" lol
  • Macke wrote: »
    I need to learn to give up my BB more often... just gets me into trouble... but I just hate having my chips be dead... so here is the last tournament hand I played...damn tournaments.

So... I have 40,100... for this hand the blinds are 1k/2k (though while the hand was being dealt they went up to 2k/4k so I'd only have 10bbs..grr... but of the 25players left or so still would leave me probably top 5 in chips was chip leader at table)

Anyways in BB I have..queen 5 clubs and am min raised.. I call to see flop... it was a pretty decent flop of

Q, 4, 6.

Me: Check
    Him: 6k
    Me:...all in.. just wanting to take the pot right there.

He gave me a speech saying how I was trapping or something blah blah and then 2 minutes later he called and shows AK and hits ace on river to cripple me.

How to fold BB?

Your only 75% on the flop.. 1/4 times ur still going 2 lose (If you know he has AK.. Blah blah)

Fold BB..
    Hell 75bb deep Im not playing Q5s OOP let alone shorter and on the bubble..

There is 2 things for you 2 put into consideration.. Think about how some of the Turbo HU grinders and Hyper SNG grinders make money, watch them for a bit, and see how wide they shove and how light they call (Your calling ranges are going be be tighter becuase they are obv tighter then ur avg player)

Then think about "What if I shoved Q8o on the bubble with 10bbs into the SB and BB that have 10BB as well" -
    - Do you think they are going to call you light? NO
    - Do you think they will ever play back? NO

When I was playing a live mtt here in Calgary a few weeks back, I had a pretty big stack and had 2 NITs to my left just trying to cash, it was near the bubble.. and I was raising any 2 on the button..

I got away with like 5-6 steals and then I raised 3/4o and the BB hesitently went all in with AJo, I obviously had no fold equity, and called and he made fun of me for the next 2 hours at how stupid I am 2 call him with 3/4 when I was getting litterly 5:1 on my money...

Even though I doubled him up and he came in second in the tourny after, (I won it BTW) but aggression is your friend..

When you are playing near the bubble getting short, your thinking to yourself in the BB.. PLEASE FOLD TO ME, PLEASE PLEASE..

Play more position, ur BB your should be losing you equity in the Long run, don't worry it happens, don't defend it OOP..
  • Haven't posted in a couple weeks and will read any new posts in a bit.

Anyways adjusted a little bit and have won a couple games since...couple times just couldnt get that one big double up.

Today was a grind and a little exhausting day... 10-11 hours or something... 8th out of 80+ no money.. at the end did kind of get pretty short and almost got a triple up just couldn't dodge a river.

That day was tiring...