Penny Rounding

2»

Comments

• I paid my rent once with a 1k bill. I can't remember how i got it in the first place though...
  • Read an article about the $1k bills not too long ago in the Post. Though no longer in circulation, there actually millions of dollars worth of them still "out there". The speculation is that they are used to pay off large debts within the organized crime community. Wonder if there were any in that safe the cops seized in Markham?
  • I found some for you: Stardust Canadian Poker Classic $300K GTD Main Event Kicks Off with Sold Out Field | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News

Top photo grabbed my attention right away as I remembered only ever seeing one once when my dad was proudly sporting one. The actual winners photo later though is all plastic hundo and 50s.
  • lol, our govt and lack of communication.. Went to sub post office in Shoppers near me to buy 1 stamp... lol, can't remember the last time I needed a stamp.. Anyways clerk says $.71 (are they really that much?), I give here $.75 thinking I'll get a nickel back.. Nope, she gives me 4 pennies.. I ask her, aren't you supposed to round down to nearest nickel, she tells me the post office doesn't do that.. Huh?
  • You should print this page and carry it around with you.

Phasing Out the Penny
  • Although, if you play your cards right, you could end up with 100s of extra cents by the end of the year.

How, you may ask ?

By paying cash for any amount that will be rounded down, and debit for any purchase that will be rounded up.
  • BK brekkie combo = $4.62 . . . Milo made $0.02 yesterday.
  • Milo wrote: »
    BK brekkie combo = $4.62 . . . Milo made $0.02 yesterday.

I think you're out $4.60, no?
    BK brekkie combo = $4.62 . . . Milo made $0.02 yesterday.

what is it with u and BK?
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    I think you're out $4.60, no?

nonono . . . much like $$$ that goes in the pot, that cash was gone anyway. Spending $0.02 less is +ev.
    costanza wrote: »
    what is it with u and BK?

I like their brekkies?
    nonono . . . much like $$$ that goes in the pot, that cash was gone anyway. Spending $0.02 less is +ev.

I like their brekkies?

If you keep eating BK it's $ gone in the pot... belly.
  • I am the Roy "Big Country" Nelson of this site.
    I am the Roy "Big Country" Nelson of this site.

I had to google who that is. Well played.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    I had to google who that is. Well played.

Too lazy to google..

Kris Kristofferson's pro-wrestling son?

Mark
  • MMA fighter . . . looks like a stereotypical redneck, complete with beergut. Man looks anything but like what he is, a seriously decent heavyweight fighter, with a black belt in BJJ.
    MMA fighter . . . looks like a stereotypical redneck, complete with beergut. Man looks anything but like what he is, a seriously decent heavyweight fighter, with a black belt in BJJ.

Where on this site are you doing any of that? :confused:
  • Never said that I was . . . there are other aspects to Roy's notoriety, as well.
  • After week 1 .. up 2c :D
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol, our govt and lack of communication.. Went to sub post office in Shoppers near me to buy 1 stamp... lol, can't remember the last time I needed a stamp.. Anyways clerk says $.71 (are they really that much?), I give here $.75 thinking I'll get a nickel back.. Nope, she gives me 4 pennies.. I ask her, aren't you supposed to round down to nearest nickel, she tells me the post office doesn't do that.. Huh?

They don't have to round if they have 1-cent coins. The coins will be taken out of circulation only by the bank. Eventually the supply will dwindle and then they will have to round.

I lol more at the government link posted by DJ.
    PHASING OUT THE PENNY
    Officially we do not have pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters - those are American designations.