Raid in Markham tonight.

2»

Comments

• Warmington had a decent column about the hypocrisy in the Sun the other day.
  • I watched the report on CTV about police making more arrests in connection with illegal gambling ring.
    On Tuesday morning the RCMP carried out another series of coordinated raids across southern Ontario that saw more than a dozen people arrested.

One arrest was made in Toronto while other suspects were brought in from York Region, Barrie and London, police told CTV Toronto.
    :
    The RCMP is scheduled to hold a news conference at 2 p.m. today to provide more details about the arrests.
  • Yeah . . . saw an article about this second set of arrests in the Star this week. wonder if the 'book is still up and running. Anyone?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Yeah . . . saw an article about this second set of arrests in the Star this week. wonder if the 'book is still up and running. Anyone?

Try going to the site and see what you get.

In reference to an earlier post the police do not get their "cut". All goods/monies seized, once they are no longer exhibits, go to the Crown. The Crown then disburses them to all branches of government which would include, yes, police, but would also include health care, education National Defense and funds distributed to provinces and ultimately municipalities to be spent again on things like housing, infrastructure, etc.

Milo you are 100% correct when you say that these guys are not 'choir boys" - they are organized crime group leaders.

Black - the cops weren't "pissed off" that they were there for only 6 guys - they knew who the targets were going in. They were briefed on the takedown and had a clear plan on how it was going to happen.

The government is not merely sending a message to those that engage in activities that are not sanctioned by the OLG: they are trying to curb the activities engaged in by organized crime groups and I hate to break it to you but that will often include gambling. Gambling, in addition to extortion, prostitution, weapons and drug offences and human trafficking, to name a few.

If the organized crime bosses gave me 2+million for having lost the use of my lower half for no other reason than being a innocent bystander, I'd be sending them back the money right after I wiped my ass with it!
  • With you right up until that last paragraph. Keep the blood money and improve your life.

As for the rest, maybe if the government got out of the way of what people want, the "bad guys" would not be involved . . .