Raid in Markham tonight.

@CP24BREAKING: Several people arrested at a crowded Markham banquet hall tonight following an investigation into a gambling ring, police say.One hour ago

Comments

• What's the rake?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    What's the rake?

6mo community service.
  • That article reminds me of gangster squad lol
  • LOL outofproportionaments. It was a superbowl party.

I'll let a few of the forumers that were there comment.
  • Which forumers were there?

#baller
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Which forumers were there?

I'll let them come forward if they want, there was at least 3 that post here frequently that were there.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    LOL outofproportionaments. It was a superbowl party.

I'll let a few of the forumers that were there comment.

It was a party with hundreds in attendance. The cops had warrants and needed to have a large enough presence to control the crowd while they affected arrests. You want they should have gone in with a couple officers and said, "please?".

Please note that my comments are based on the size of the crowd, and have nothing to do with any extraneous reports which may or may not be accurate.
  • Milo wrote: »
    It was a party with hundreds in attendance. The cops had warrants and needed to have a large enough presence to control the crowd while they affected arrests. You want they should have gone in with a couple officers and said, "please?".

Please note that my comments are based on the size of the crowd, and have nothing to do with any extraneous reports which may or may not be accurate.

read this post 3 times and have no idea what you are trying to say
  • I am saying that, while I disagree with the whole idea of going after "illegal" gambling operations, if you are going to enter a facility filled with hundreds of people in order to make arrests of some of the attendees, you need to have sufficient numbers to properly control the crowd.

That is all . . .
  • Cops got filthy rich after this
  • actyper wrote: »
    Cops got filthy rich after this

Evidence?
  • Evidence.....the raid the place find very little money for a so calling "gambling house". Confiscate jet skies motorcycles etc. then go to guys house/or hotel not positive on that detail take a safe with 2.5 mil in it. The guys that they were after because of criminal activity released next day hmmmm what were they really after. You know it's only illegal gambling cause government doesn't get there cut. So yeah to make such a big deal about this the night of the party and make such ridiculous statement in press conference is a little much....but got to have public on your side when trying to raid a place just to get the cash obv lol
  • That party actually has been going on for 8 years. And yes I have read the reports about the shooting connected with the site years ago at california sandwiches, funny thing was the site then paid the lady 2M+ as a form of restitution for what happened. Why didn't they shut the site down at that time. Oh yeah, govt wasn't introducing their own playnow site along with setting up their own "gaming/betting" option.

For the people that were there it was just a party where we got to watch superbowl and enjoy things. The amount of cops there were unbelievable but they were all courteous and a lot of them seemed to feel sorry for everyone judging from there faces because I think a lot of them thought there was going to be a bunch of sleezy criminals and bikers throwing beer bottles etc. All they found were football fans and hot chicks walking around. Also when they realized they were only there for 6 guys I think it pissed them off a bit more.

The whole "you needed to know someone in organized crime to be invited" was total bs because there were doctors, lawyers, judges, cops all there. So you're telling me they want to be associated with organized crime first hand.

It's dubbed the best superbowl party in the city and it always has been.

This raid was a statement to everyone to stay the "f" away from anything other than OLG sponsored activity.

There will be no repercussions for anyone who was there other than the top dogs who will get a slap on the wrist and the police know that they have the pockets to pay high priced lawyers to get them off.
  • As far as the seizures, BTP, Canada does not have asset forfeiture laws like they do in the States. The Police service will in no way benefit financially from this action. I stand to be corrected but I believe that all seizures in Ontario end up going either directly (cash) or indirectly (auction of goods) to the Vicitims of Crime Fund that the Ontario Government administers.

That said, as was already pointed out, the reasons for this raid were total BULLSHIT.
  • yeah but who does the police work for? the government lol....the money goes to the government. They wanted their cut and got it.
  • Well at least we agree that the goveernment is who should be excoriated for this.
    Well at least we agree that the goveernment is who should be excoriated for this.

For those of you watching at home:

excoriated: past participle, past tense of ex·co·ri·ate (Verb)

Verb
    • Censure or criticize severely.
    • Damage or remove part of the surface of (the skin).
    Well at least we agree that the goveernment is who should be excoriated for this.
    For those of you watching at home:

excoriated: past participle, past tense of ex·co·ri·ate (Verb)

Verb
    • Censure or criticize severely.
    • Damage or remove part of the surface of (the skin).

costanza?
  • compuease wrote: »
    costanza?

You're such a declerate.
  • Nice thread derail again guys in green!
  • costanza wrote: »
    Nice thread derail again guys in green!

Hey Milo helped...>:D
  • compuease wrote: »

Don't care

Keep threads in line, don't include squabble about me when I haven't even said a thing in the thread.

Steve did all people who have bets on SB get cancelled? Or was it all a wash?
    I haven't even said a thing in the thread.
    liar liar pants on fire..

twice..;)
  • The government will stop at nothing to protect their monopoly on gambling. This is another example how law in our society has become perverted, from a tool which is supposed to protect property rights, into an instrument of plunder. We live in a kleptocracy.
  • You knew it was coming:

kleptocracy or cleptocracy (ˌklɛpˈtɒkrəsɪ) dictionary_questionbutton_default.gifn , pl -cies
    informal a government where officials are politically corrupt and financially self-interested [C20: from klepto ( mania ) + -cracy ] cleptocracy or cleptocracy n
  • Everyone is getting paid from what I have heard. Even twitter feeds showing a new site is up, if you do a search.
  • As for the reports that these are "bad guys" in charge of this operation, what do you expect? when government prevents people from lawfully pursuing that which they wish to pursue, there will always be those willing to offer it on the sly. Those folks will not always be choir boys.
    Nice thread derail again guys in green!
    compuease wrote: »

What the hell did I do?