Brian Burke fired!! Vancouver fans rejoice!

2»

Comments

• moose wrote: »

Old news, that was several months ago... And I don't see the rumours of his extramarital affairs.. I love Jay Cassidy's retort, so true..
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Meh,...heard from a friend who heard this from a guy he knows who has close ties to MLSE, and another friend of a friend who works for an accounting firm that MLSE uses, whose boss is close MLSE execs,

EXACTLY! These sorts of rumours are garbage and what is one of the things wrong with todays society, jealousy... Small minded people who just like to drag famous (semi) people down to their level...

Now I'm not claiming he hasn't ever done anything wrong or is a saint or anything like that, because I just don't know, but these sorts of innuendos are garbage posted by people who are just trying to look more important than they really are.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I love Jay Cassidy's retort, so true..

Yeah well written.
  • moose wrote: »

So your support for spurious rumours is to link to an article that basically states the equivalent of "I saw it on the interwebz".

Brilliant attribution skills . . . by the way, other than Burke getting fired, what, if anything about that article came true? Nothing, because there was no content that could be sourced for attribution, or quotes of any kind. Blogs are opinion, not fact.
  • Burke deserved to be fired purely for his performance as GM. He's not a good GM. Even in Anaheim he parachuted in and took over a team that ended up winning the Cup without much tinkering by Burke. The only thing that ever panned out for GM Burke was the drafting of the Sedins.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Burke deserved to be fired purely for his performance as GM. He's not a good GM. Even in Anaheim he parachuted in and took over a team that ended up winning the Cup without much tinkering by Burke. The only thing that ever panned out for GM Burke was the drafting of the Sedins.

I am certainly not defending Burke (especially not for his record with the leafs) but your statement re the Ducks is just plain wrong... Check your facts on his acquisitions during 2005 and 2006, starting with the coaching staff... Some VERY key changes...
  • As i said before its purely speculative... wouldnt put it past someone with power !
  • Capo wrote: »
    As i said before its purely speculative... wouldnt put it past someone with power !

garbage, power has nothing to do with it...

sounds like you have an axe to grind...
    garbage, power has nothing to do with it...

sounds like you have an axe to grind...

Ya and tiger woods never cheated on his wife
  • Capo wrote: »
    Ya and tiger woods never cheated on his wife

Hmm, you're one of those are you?^-^
    Hmm, you're one of those are you?^-^

Haha.. I dunno i just think its naive to say that it is not likely, just because it has happened so many times, especially in sports!