Brian Burke fired!! Vancouver fans rejoice!

Trent Klatt offers to drive him to the airport!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!

I hate you Burke!
And I'm not even a Canuck fan

Comments

• Burke was fired because he DIDN'T want that piece of shit goalie Bobby lou.

If I was a Canuck fan I would be tilted
  • I hate him just because he helped put a WHL team in my hometown... Then sold it just so I can be moved an hour away...

RIP chilliwack bruins!
  • lol from comments below article
    Isn't it ironic that for the first time in what seems like forever, Burke has the Leafs tied for first in January and he gets fired.
  • Brian Burke seems to be villified for his Kessel trade in 2009. If Burke thought for one moment that the Leafs, with Kessel, would finish in a lottery spot the next two seasons, he would not have made the deal.

Having said that, not making the playoffs for his entire tenure as GM is enough for me to say adios.
  • First prediction of 2013

Leafs perfect season comes to a grinding halt on Jan 19 in Montreal.

This will be their ONLY chance on a playoff spot, but of course, they'll fuck it up.

And fans will STILL fill the ACC every game.

ahhhhhhhhh Toronto....no place like it
  • Rumor is he tried to ship kadri and bozak and was told no, everyone got upset, burke is toast and really without him they are toast!!

Not like Burke is really taking them anywhere but further than they will go without him!
  • getem76 wrote: »
    Rumor is he tried to ship kadri and bozak and was told no, everyone got upset, burke is toast and really without him they are toast!!

Not like Burke is really taking them anywhere but further than they will go without him!

I disagree, Dave Nonis was just as much GM of the Leafs as Burke. He orchestrated trades, negotiated contracts, etc... There will not be much change from the direction Leafs were/are headed, like it or not.
  • getem76 wrote: »
    Rumor is he tried to ship kadri and bozak and was told no, everyone got upset, burke is toast and really without him they are toast!!

There seem to be two conflicting rumours out there... One that Burke did not want Luongo when the Exec board did.. or that he wanted to trade Bozak & Kadri + for him... Are the Toronto stations giving more info?...
  • This is the best thing the Leafs have done in the last 4 years. Toronto doesn't need an American at the helm, not that I care that much. ^-^
  • Rogers needs to save money to pay for more Blue Jays.
  • What I have heard is that the Canucks wanted Khadri and Gardiner for Luongo, and Burke said no. Apparently that was the final straw for the new board, who seemed to think Luongo was the answer to why the Leafs have not won the Cup since before he was even born.
  • Lots of rumors why he was canned. There's also some speculation that he could be the new commissioner too if Gary steps down. Will be interesting to see what Nonis does in the shortened season, if anything.
  • Huh, there might be a team the habs can actually beat this year.

congrats montreal

or the leafs could get better and then the habs will have no one to beat. cest la vie eh?
  • rumor has it burke likes to sleep around, second marriage is in shambles, apparently he slept with an intern (or two)

of course all purely speculative, but seems possible due to lack of reasoning to his quick and oddly timed dismissal

I am not a burke fan but i feel he should have been left to play out the season. Nonis will be more of a puppet for rogers and bell even though he is almost a clone of burke, i heard he did want bobby lou.

Rogers and bell know that good teams make them money through ticket sales and tv contracts, i expect the leafs to make some pricey aqusitions in the near future, similar to what anthropolis has been allowed to do with the BJs.
  • Capo wrote: »
    rumor has it burke likes to sleep around, second marriage is in shambles, apparently he slept with an intern (or two)

heard same
  • Isreal life?

Burkie was getting it in with intern broads?

What a hero

Makes sense tho, not everything added up
  • costanza wrote: »
    Isreal life?

Burkie was getting it in with intern broads?

What a hero

Makes sense tho, not everything added up
    Yeah i didnt believe it at first but the rumors kept coming in... and i still couldnt fully piece together why he was fired at this exact moment. He has been unimproved in 4 years and they pick now to fire him... very odd
  • Capo wrote: »
    rumor has it burke likes to sleep around, second marriage is in shambles, apparently he slept with an intern (or two)

of course all purely speculative, but seems possible due to lack of reasoning to his quick and oddly timed dismissal
    jdAA88 wrote: »
    heard same

What reputable source have you heard that from? His second marriage broke up about the time his son was killed not recently... Name sources or retract... While I don't know that he didn't, afaik there has been nothing in the news that I have seen.
  • compuease wrote: »
    What reputable source have you heard that from? His second marriage broke up about the time his son was killed not recently... Name sources or retract... While I don't know that he didn't, <acronym title="As far as I know">afaik</acronym> there has been nothing in the news that I have seen.

Looooolll
  • costanza wrote: »
    Looooolll

what are you loooling about? Please learn to quote correctly...
  • Burke was canned because Pope wanted to fire him as soon as the deal was completed for Bell/Rogers to buy MLSE. He finally got his way . . . that is all. Burke's comments at the presser lend credence to that theory far more than any wild speculation and rumour about interns. Pretty sure that such nonsense would have made it to the papers long before now, anyway . . . Leafs gossip is media GOLD in the GTA, as everyone knows.
    What reputable source have you heard that from? His second marriage broke up about the time his son was killed not recently... Name sources or retract... While I don't know that he didn't, afaik there has been nothing in the news that I have seen.

Bingo. Many sources of the rumours themselves, no sources of repute or proof or admission. People hear rumours enough times from enough people and "everybody's talking about it" becomes the proof.
  • Shouldn't you have killed someone by now?

#AngelofDeathmyASS
  • I should cast my gaze in your direction?
  • I am impervious to your Stygian machinations . . .

cast away, oh impotent harbinger of . . . what, exactly?
  • [x] sick thread derail >:D
  • Milo wrote: »
    I am impervious to your Stygian machinations . . .

cast away, oh impotent harbinger of . . . what, exactly?

Exactly, and why do you think I arranged for Bill to be a mod? Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer...;)
    What reputable source have you heard that from? His second marriage broke up about the time his son was killed not recently... Name sources or retract... While I don't know that he didn't, <acronym title="As far as I know">afaik</acronym> there has been nothing in the news that I have seen.

Meh,...heard from a friend who heard this from a guy he knows who has close ties to MLSE, and another friend of a friend who works for an accounting firm that MLSE uses, whose boss is close MLSE execs, and he claims that Burke banged a 21 yr old girl who got pregnant.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    , and he claims that Burke banged a 21 yr old girl who got pregnant.

Fatkid_creepy_look.gif