Doe anyone really Care?

After 113 days, a tentative deal on a new 10-year collective bargaining agreement has been reached between the National Hockey League and NHL Players' Association.

Not me!

Comments

• I won't be watching either.
  • Not here either. Noticed the headline. Barely registered a 'meh'.
  • I'm happy for all the side-businesses that will benefit - at least I hope they won't be hurt too bad.

The times I've been out chatting with restaurant employees they say they've had a significant drop in business, and I hope they can recoop some of their losses. As for the NHL players themselves, this is a joke of a season - I mean, it'll be a what? 40 game season? The NHL champs this year won't quite have the same prestige...
    Mark
  • Leafs might have a chance this year . . .

but . . . no, I will not watch.
  • I care heaps

Hockey > no hockey ainec

Start being more Canadian people jfc
  • Watching a bunch of millionaires play hockey is less fun than watching a bunch of local kids play in front of my house or in a local arena. Not that I disagree with their wage. It's negotiated to what the market will supposedly allow, but still.
  • costanza wrote: »
    Start being more Canadian people jfc

If watching hockey is the main thrust of what "being Canadian" means for you, I am deeply saddened.
  • U think being Canadian is worshipping a queen that has no relevance to us
  • So, keeping on topic.. I have no idea how any team is going to proudly stand in front of a Stanley Cup from this season and genuinely care. How many games are they planning on?
  • Watching a bunch of millionaires play hockey is less fun than watching a bunch of local kids play in front of my house or in a local arena. Not that I disagree with their wage. It's negotiated to what the market will supposedly allow, but still.

This . . .
    costanza wrote: »
    U think being Canadian is worshipping a queen that has no relevance to us

More relevance to this country's history than hockey.
    So, keeping on topic.. I have no idea how any team is going to proudly stand in front of a Stanley Cup from this season and genuinely care. How many games are they planning on?

They will embrace the Cup like any other team has, because in ten years, no one will remember/care about the shortened season . . . unless it is the Leafs, in which case it will be, "Yeah they won it . . . FINALLY . . . but they needed a shortened season to do it. MLSE SUCKS !!!"
  • Milo wrote: »

More relevance to this country's history than hockey.

As much as I'm sure costanza is just stirring a pot - this is completely untrue.

You ask anyone the top three Canadian traits, and I guarantee hockey beats monarchy 99x/100

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    As much as I'm sure costanza is just stirring a pot - this is completely untrue.

You ask anyone the top three Canadian traits, and I guarantee hockey beats monarchy 99x/100

Mark

Saying something often enough does not make it the truth. You should know this . . .

Mark
    Milo wrote: »
    Saying something often enough does not make it the truth. You should know this . . .

Kinda agree with Mark here, but meh, I will not be watching either.. Finished off whatever interest I had in "pro" hockey.. Much rather go watch the grandkids, in fact ANY kids play...

Fair enough... relevance in history true, relevance in current day, false then.

... not unlike the monarchy in general.

Mark
  • ITT non hockey fans gonna non hockey fan
  • Our political system derives from the English monarchy and it's Westminster system of government. Our legal system derives from the same heritage. Our miltary traditions are extremely tied to the Monarchy, and ALL of these are present day institutions. But yeah . . . hockey is what makes us Canadian.

Sheesh
  • I can say I am quite happy for hockey, looks like bettman caved on a lot that he said he would not, IMO it is the owners that put it all where it was, the players have less of the pot than any other major sport.

As for the leafs and a short season, a win for them would be making the playoffs at all, they still do not have a goalie, and probably will not get one in 2 weeks! Toast again!
  • I can not say junior hockey held my interest after a so called amazing wonder team couldnt even win a medal shitting the bed TWICE
  • Anybody think that Bettman's contract will not be renewed when his current deal ends? Just curious . . .
    Our political system derives from the English monarchy and it's Westminster system of government. Our legal system derives from the same heritage. Our miltary traditions are extremely tied to the Monarchy, and ALL of these are present day institutions. But yeah . . . hockey is what makes us Canadian.

Sheesh

Wat8.jpg?1315930535
  • Bettman is probably done, he did not get enough, the players did almost lose a season again, bettman caved, he really did! He should have as well, but it will be looking like he just did.
  • So, if the Count goes back to Sesame Street, who takes the big seat at the NHL table?
  • Despite costanzas obvious lack of history knowledge and stupid "wat" posts the NHL is in trouble outside of Canada. The industry has shot itself in the foot, the chest, and the head as far as growth goes...
  • Bad rumors of expansion to canada will turn out to be only rumors after all!
  • I was indifferent to the whole ordeal. That being said, for damn sure, i will be keeping up to date on all the comings and goings of the Flyers. I have never paid for a ticket to go down to the acc and i dont see that changing, but not for political reasons.
    I will watch it again.
    As for the NHL players themselves, this is a joke of a season - I mean, it'll be a what? 40 game season? The NHL champs this year won't quite have the same prestige...
    Mark

No different than 1995.

I don't see why it won't be an entertaining season and playoffs. Every game's importance is magnified, and teams won't be as beat up come playoff time. Should see some stellar hockey.

As for the lockout, it's just business. Like any other business. I didn't really miss hockey while it was going on, but I'll watch now that it's back.
  • i'm excited hockey is back. I will watch a lot, but will not spend any money on merchandise nor probably go to any games.