Christmas Loot

2»

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    From a business perspective yes, but then the business is going to pay for the software. I used to use macros but the security settings became so annoying in a multi-license setting that I stopped using them and I suspect macro use in general is dropping for the same reason.

If you were having issues using excel macros in a multiuser setting (ie, across a network) the issue was likely with network permissions not the macros themselves. If that was the issue it would have been the same with OpenOffice... Don't think macro use is declining at all, perhaps just in your environment? Although there are a lot more specialized softwares being created that take away from the need to write your own macros I suspect the overall use is pretty flat as the number of users increases.

Man did we ever take this thread off topic... Merry Xmas!
  • Well of course the network permissions are set high to protect the users from harmful macros which of course makes the use of macros more irritating than the time saved. Happy New Year. What time zone are you in?
  • My best gift is a 50$ vannilla mastercard, which is gone now. It was a great Christmas for my Daughter though, which is all that matters to me.
    Well of course the network permissions are set high to protect the users from harmful macros which of course makes the use of macros more irritating than the time saved. Happy New Year. What time zone are you in?

lol, well Moose, looks like you are a little testy aren't you? Do you always have to be "right"...
  • I thought I was agreeing with you - which makes you right too?
    I thought I was agreeing with you - which makes you right too?

Misread... I'm in EST, you?