Christmas Loot

Post pics of your cool new stuff!

The wife let me pick my 'big' gift this year: new pickups for my Gibson Les Paul.

Both are Seymour Duncan's Alnico 2 Pro Humbuckers but I splurged on the bridge pickup. It's Slash's Signature pickup!

Attachment not found.

What did you get?

Comments

• Gold plated playing cards
  • A bit more snow so far.

Which is actually quite a nice way to start Christmas morning.
  • matchstic.commatchstic.com

south Korean censors not letting us see Brent's haul . . . LOL. My guess, knock off 2013 Blue Jays World Series Championship ball caps.

Got the Dark Knight Rises DVD, and some Whiskey Stones.
  • I tried to post a picture of a diet coke and it didn't work. I have only had 37 cans since arriving, so it was a nice gift to a form Diet Coke addict. But thanks for noticing.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Post pics of your cool new stuff!

The wife let me pick my 'big' gift this year: new pickups for my Gibson Les Paul.

Both are Seymour Duncan's Alnico 2 Pro Humbuckers but I splurged on the bridge pickup. It's Slash's Signature pickup!

Attachment not found.

What did you get?

My Gibson likely coming Boxing Day :)
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    My Gibson likely coming Boxing Day :)

Nice! Post a pic when it arrives!

I'm trying to find a good deal on a Wah-wah pedal. Musiciansfriend.com and amazon have some pretty good deals right now.
  • The gf and I opted not to buy each other anything this year, simply because we really don't need anything at this point..New car in October, hottub in November...and me overspending on work vehicles in December...lol...kids got a good haul though...lots of hand made local items that they loved!
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    51dSzb4rFoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    ca373038_1_std.jpg
    ca870585_1_std.jpg

Not sure if business expenses qualify Buddy as fun xmas items :)
  • You paid for Microsoft product when you can get OpenOffice for free?
  • moose wrote: »
    You paid for Microsoft product when you can get OpenOffice for free?

You get what you pay for and OpenOffice is what it is a free shareware program. I will take my MS Office and CorelDraw 6x over those free programs any day. They key is to not get caught up in all the upgrades year in and year out. Still using MS Office 2007.
  • All I got this year was a couple t shirts and some candy

Seeing my family was a big enough present in itself for me :)
  • I got a starbucks coffee mug and $20 gift cert to Earl's.
  • You get what you pay for and OpenOffice is what it is a free shareware program. I will take my MS Office and CorelDraw 6x over those free programs any day. They key is to not get caught up in all the upgrades year in and year out. Still using MS Office 2007.

Please name one thing that you use that microsoft office does that openoffice does not.

I'll start:

I can start any type of doc I want from within any other openoffice application. In a supposedly integrated software package why does MSoffice not do this? A brain dead obvious feature that MSOffice lacks.
    Please name one thing that you use that microsoft office does that openoffice does not.

In general I agree with you about Open Office however since MS Office is the defacto standard (rightly or wrongly) in the industry there certainly are limitations.. To name a couple, Excel files with macro's, quite common in an office environment can't be used in Open Office easily. There are also formatting issues with word tables, etc that can't be ignored. There are others that I could dig up if I took the time. In short for 90% of home users, Open Office is great but they don't always mix well in an office environment or if one is frequently exchange complex documents with users of MS Office, especially 2010 and above. But you can't beat the price. ;)

Have any of you tried LibreOffice? Supposedly an enhanced Office suite and free as well...

I'll start:

I can start any type of doc I want from within any other openoffice application. In a supposedly integrated software package why does MSoffice not do this? A brain dead obvious feature that MSOffice lacks.

I think Comp is dead on. Formatting is the key. Plus when you turn in a paper online they want it emailed in Word. Group editing, TOC. In reality it is like VCR versus Beta 95% of the World uses Office. for the sake of convenience why not use it.

Besides, I have used it for 20 years, why switch now, I know where everything is.
  • One of my gifts was a $200 Vanilla Master Card....was activated when purchased yet shows no money on it. Should be a nice big headache getting this straightened out ???
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    One of my gifts was a $200 Vanilla Master Card....was activated when purchased yet shows no money on it. Should be a nice big headache getting this straightened out ???

I hope you have access to the original receipt and original packaging. You will have to scan it to an email address they will give you when you call them.
  • I hope you have access to the original receipt and original packaging. You will have to scan it to an email address they will give you when you call them.

Yes, already been back to Shoppers, spoke to Vanilla etc. Have to scan everything and email it in.
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    Yes, already been back to Shoppers, spoke to Vanilla etc. Have to scan everything and email it in.

Good, once you do, it takes an hour, at least it did for me. But they make it work.
  • Got some kick ass new Mr. Potato Head slippers, Hockref sent me a Dolphins jersey (Reebok not Nike) with Chad Pennington's name and number. He also sent me the dumbbells my dad made me awhile back. They're threaded rod with about 200 CDs on each of them :)

And of course, no xmas is complete without a new addition to the Potato Head collection: Superman!
  • I think Comp is dead on. Formatting is the key. Plus when you turn in a paper online they want it emailed in Word. Group editing, TOC. In reality it is like VCR versus Beta 95% of the World uses Office. for the sake of convenience why not use it.

Besides, I have used it for 20 years, why switch now, I know where everything is.

File - Save As

and it's more like buying a VCR (and why would anyone buy a VCR?) and then someone offering you a VCR/DVD combo player for free.
    File - Save As

Assume you mean save as a word document in whatever version you are sending to? If so, still doesn't work for excel macros and some formatting.

I am certainly not anti OpenOffice (or the like) as in certain situations it is perfect but it's not for all. I used to be a huge Lotus and Wordperfect fan but they are almost non existant now.
  • Anyone know a fast way to convert 200+ open office files to word format without opening each one individually and then save as?
  • I gotz a new work visa on the first try

#actuallygotanicehomelandagent
  • Toronto-Blue-Jays-19-Jose-Bautista-Jersey-Coolbase-Blue-2012-Jersey-0931.jpg

Got this from my son, would of been happy with a knock-off cause these authentic one's are pricey. It's also my name-sake, so it's worth it... :D
  • compuease wrote: »
    Assume you mean save as a word document in whatever version you are sending to? If so, still doesn't work for excel macros and some formatting.

I am certainly not anti OpenOffice (or the like) as in certain situations it is perfect but it's not for all. I used to be a huge Lotus and Wordperfect fan but they are almost non existant now.

From a business perspective yes, but then the business is going to pay for the software. I used to use macros but the security settings became so annoying in a multi-license setting that I stopped using them and I suspect macro use in general is dropping for the same reason.

Also if regularly going back to ms office then set the default file format in openoffice to save in msoffice format.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Anyone know a fast way to convert 200+ open office files to word format without opening each one individually and then save as?

This be a workaround?

OpenXML/ODF Translator Add-ins for Office