New Car Advice/Opinions

2»

Comments

• Lots of win with the Jetta.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Lots of win with the Jetta.

Is for real?

Or are you waiting for me to trade in my truck for one and then point and laugh?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Is for real?

Or are you waiting for me to trade in my truck for one and then point and laugh?

Nope. The Eclipse is almost done and Ive been test driving for about a month now.

I test drove the GLI which is like the hybrid.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Nope. The Eclipse is almost done and Ive been test driving for about a month now.

I test drove the GLI which is like the hybrid.

Just looking at the website...the GLI looks a lot nicer (can get 17-18" wheels, etc) than the hybrid, but obviously fuel economy is worse.

Dealer was trying to talk me into trying out Diesel...44mpg. Thoughts on Diesel?

Edit: Diesel and hybrid 140 hp, GLI 200 hp
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Diesel and hybrid 140 hp, GLI 200 hp

^^ I think your decision was just made.

I have an '07 GTI, and love every minute of it. Same engine (I believe...) as the one in the GLI. Fuel consumption is decent, I've averaged about 26 mpg since I got it. Although, premium gas.

I really like VW interiors, seats are comfy even on long hauls and instrument panel isn't godawful.

I think the thing I like the most is that it can be a fun car to drive, but isn't too flashy and douchebaggy. It'll pass as just another Golf most of the time.
  • German cars are like the black guys of cars, you don't go back. Go with an Audi S5 gotta be at least 10k cheaper there than here.
  • actyper wrote: »
    German cars are like the black guys of cars, you don't go back. Go with an Audi S5 gotta be at least 10k cheaper there than here.

+1 audi FTW

dont cheap out on VW even tho i wouldnt be surprised if u did.

glgl:laugh:
  • I had a diesel golf in '97..450000 hard km on it in 3 years..never missed a beat.

Considered going with the diesel when we bought this last one as well..but still refining my biodiesel/wvo systems in my work trucks..once I have it tuned..we will have everything on diesel..
  • actyper wrote: »
    German cars are like the black guys of cars, you don't go back. Go with an Audi S5 gotta be at least 10k cheaper there than here.

Thanks, but more than I want to spend on a car and not what I want for fuel economy. Audi would be my first choice if I was going for a (luxury) German car. For some reason, I don't see it being as pretentious as BMW or Mercedes.
  • ^^ I think your decision was just made.

I have an '07 GTI, and love every minute of it. Same engine (I believe...) as the one in the GLI. Fuel consumption is decent, I've averaged about 26 mpg since I got it. Although, premium gas.

I really like VW interiors, seats are comfy even on long hauls and instrument panel isn't godawful.

I think the thing I like the most is that it can be a fun car to drive, but isn't too flashy and douchebaggy. It'll pass as just another Golf most of the time.

I test drove the 2013 GTI Autobahn this afternoon -- what a great car.

Salesman says it is identical to the Jetta GLI Autobahn except for the body.