For Those That Didn't Know

So, a few people at work decided to quit smoking for 21 days (Dec 1-21). I decided, in support of them, I would give up my 4 major food groups: cookies, ice cream, doughnuts, chocolate. Seeing as, for most people, quitting smoking is harder than anything, I said I would do it for the entire month.

Upon putting this out to the Twitterverse, certain bad seeds from this forum, such as JohnnieH, stated I wouldn't last 31 minutes, let alone days. This wonderful batch of love gave me an even more wonderful idea: gambol on my will power!

Thus, the first ever bet about me not eating cookies/doughnuts/chocolate/ice cream was created. Here's the deal:

IF I can last until 12:01am January 1, 2013 not eating the aforementioned tempting foods, people are tossing me $5. All money raised goes to a wonderful local charity called Transition To Betterness Transition to Betterness . Alpha's grandmother, who is one of the funniest people I've ever met, does a lot of work with them. I figured I'd get more people in on it if it was for a legit charity instead of the Replace My Broken PS3 Fund.

My hope is to raise $100. It's not much, but if I can do it, it's a great present to the world's most awesome grandmother-in-law. If you're interested, transfers via Stars is probably easiest/cheapest for everyone.

So far I'm 24 days into it (I started a few days early) and have gotten through some seriously tough challenges without cracking, such as:

-Shopping in Michigan with Alpha on the 3rd day of this. We stop at Meijer's. She stands in the cookie aisle for nearly 10 minutes trying to find what she's looking for. Jerk.

- Driving to Colisanti's, where they make fresh doughnuts with cinnamon sugar right in front of you. Had to pick up a present for someone, bought 4 bags of doughnuts while there for other people, didn't even try to eat one of them. One of the bags is for Alpha. She eats 2 of the doughnuts right in front of me. Again, jerk.

- One of the hooligans on here (and it totally escapes me as to who it was) Tweeted about FedExing me a care package of cookies to mess with me. 6 hours later, knock at the door. Buddy of mine brings over a batch of Christmas goodies his girl baked for me. They're currently residing on the counter, sealed, waiting for January 1st.

Funny side note: when I told grandman about the idea the other day, she laughed and patted my belly. Then she said "it looks a little smaller." I replied that I still had my man boobs. "Oh, that's ok, you should keep those." I love that lady!

Comments

• I quit all meat except fish 7 days ago -- I've always wanted to do it and it is relatively easy when you live by the ocean to always get relatively cheap and tasty fish instead of other meats. For example, every burger place around here seems to have a tasty Tuna or similar burger and it is easy to great great fish tacos (that's what she said). It will be much easier once I am no longer traveling, but even so it isn't that difficult.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    One of the hooligans on here (and it totally escapes me as to who it was)

It was Milo. I was threatening you with a doughnut enema.

GTA- Fish tacos are the BOMB!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    It was Milo. I was threatening you with a doughnut enema.

GTA- Fish tacos are the BOMB!

I Love You, Man - Anybody Want A Peanut - YouTube

Those Fish Tacos Were The Tits.avi - YouTube

#joben
  • I am in for $10.00. $20.00 if you stream live video of you destroying the cookies and doughnuts at 10 seconds AFTER midnight on New Year's
  • I went to that place from I love you man in Venice beach. Weren't that great, def disappointed.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I am in for $10.00. $20.00 if you stream live video of you destroying the cookies and doughnuts at 10 seconds AFTER midnight on New Year's

How many cookies and doughnuts? May have to record it and post as I'm a ludite and don't exactly know how to stream live video.

And in the "Alpha's A Jerk" update of the week: I come home from work today to find a container of uber delicious sugar cookies sitting on the counter AND a chocolate fudge cake in the fridge. "It's not my fault you chose December to stop eating tasty things."
    How many cookies and doughnuts? May have to record it and post as I'm a ludite and don't exactly know how to stream live video.

And in the "Alpha's A Jerk" update of the week: I come home from work today to find a container of uber delicious sugar cookies sitting on the counter AND a chocolate fudge cake in the fridge. "It's not my fault you chose December to stop eating tasty things."

why . . . ALL of them. what kind of cookie monster are you?!?
  • I'll have a bag or two of cookies, 6 or 12 doughnuts and some ice cream ready for when the clock strikes midnight.

And 10 minutes after I finish, I'll have a food coma till January 2nd.
  • Just remember to post the video . . . we could use the laugh.
  • My god, that original post was so heart wrenching. Your PS3 is broken!?!?!?! priorities man, the charity can wait!

I'm in for a fiver. 10 spot if the Milo's request is honoured!

use the charitable donation receipt though to reduce your taxes/get bigger refund and rectify the PS3 situation.

solidarity brother.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    AnyBodyWantAPeanut

#joben

watch?v=DP5-qJSzDUg&NR=1&feature=fvwp
  • The other day I was at the paint store talking to a woman about colours for her kids rooms. Clerk suggested Beautitone's Sesame St. Collection and I immediately thought of you. Apparently there's a colour called "OMNOMNOM" and I'm not kidding. I'm pretty sure it's Cookie Monster blue.
  • The other day I was at the paint store talking to a woman about colours for her kids rooms. Clerk suggested Beautitone's Sesame St. Collection and I immediately thought of you. Apparently there's a colour called "OMNOMNOM" and I'm not kidding. I'm pretty sure it's Cookie Monster blue.

Son of a b!tch!!! I know what I'm painting the basement!
  • I tried to find a link to the paint colour on the Beautitone site, but couldn't. You'll have to go to home hardware to see it.

but do they have Mahna Mahna? doo doo doodoodoo

watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ
  • Made it through both Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Eve dinner without a slip up, even in spite of all the evil efforts of my in laws. They taunted me with so many cakes and cookies. You would have all been proud of them :) Should be able to cruise through to New Year's Eve now :)

Looking for the proper noms to break my silence with come 12:01am January 1st. I believe two bags of Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies, a dozen doughnuts, a few cinnamon rolls and some ice cream :)
  • Destroy it all, and a crisp $20.00 is yours (well, theirs, actually)
    Made it through both Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Eve dinner without a slip up, even in spite of all the evil efforts of my in laws. They taunted me with so many cakes and cookies. You would have all been proud of them :) Should be able to cruise through to New Year's Eve now :)

Looking for the proper noms to break my silence with come 12:01am January 1st. I believe two bags of Chewy Chips Ahoy cookies, a dozen doughnuts, a few cinnamon rolls and some ice cream :)

or you could use this as the start of a change and continue on with the self restraint.....?

But man, to go through the whole holiday season without imbibing is worth a moment or two of recklessness.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    or you could use this as the start of a change and continue on with the self restraint.....?

But man, to go through the whole holiday season without imbibing is worth a moment or two of recklessness.

The original plan was to just continue not eating junk like that and begin removing more crap from my diet. However, when the opportunity came up to possibly double the donations for the cause, who am I to put myself and my vanity before charity?

Also, I can't wait to wreck the crap out of all that junk! After that, it's back on the wagon :)
    The original plan was to just continue not eating junk like that and begin removing more crap from my diet. However, when the opportunity came up to possibly double the donations for the cause, who am I to put myself and my vanity before charity?

Also, I can't wait to wreck the crap out of all that junk! After that, it's back on the wagon :)

I believe Milo wants you to destroy (not eat) the junk food for the $20 and record the destruction of the junk food.
  • You're in the home stretch now.

GL
  • Oh no . . . he has to chow down on those bad boys. The destruction needs to be biblically digestive in it's extent. No cookie must be left alive . . . and there must be glaze everywhere so that the ice cream has something to stick to . . .
    Oh no . . . he has to chow down on those bad boys. The destruction needs to be biblically digestive in it's extent. No cookie must be left alive . . . and there must be glaze everywhere so that the ice cream has something to stick to . . .

Thankj god! Because if I had to destroy those cookies and such without said destruction coming from nomming them, I just don't think I could handle that trauma.
  • I just had dinner at Tim Horton's and finished it with 3 doughnuts

#wheninrome
  • Off to pick up my well deserved noms! T-9 hours till what will be known in the history books as the Great Cookie Massacre of 2013!
  • It's been nice knowing you if you asplode.
  • I almost feel bad for those empty carbs . . . but then I remember that it's for a good cause, and I feel okay with it.

And by good cause, I am referring to the LOLs I will get from watching the video over and over . . .
    Off to pick up my well deserved noms! T-9 hours till what will be known in the history books as the Great Cookie Massacre of 2013!

Hhmmmmm . . . I was under the impression that said noms were already on hand, tempting you unmercifully over the last week or so . . . what became of these noms? Did you sleep-munch them? I think Alpha needs to chime in here to verify that your soul is pure, and your belly un-cookied. There can be no question as to the validity of this exercise at this late date. The thought that your subconcious may have betrayed these poor kids is weighing heavily on my heart . . .
    Hhmmmmm . . . I was under the impression that said noms were already on hand, tempting you unmercifully over the last week or so . . . what became of these noms? Did you sleep-munch them? I think Alpha needs to chime in here to verify that your soul is pure, and your belly un-cookied. There can be no question as to the validity of this exercise at this late date. The thought that your subconcious may have betrayed these poor kids is weighing heavily on my heart . . .

She had numerous bunches of sugar cookies, all of which she has been nomming, to my disapproval. Thankfully, my best bud showed up today with my xmas present that he kindly delayed giving me: 6 bags of Chips A'Hoy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I have stuck to my guns and not devoured, sniffed or fondled any cookies, doughnuts, chocolate bars, brownies, ice cream or anything else of that nature.

And by that nature I mean Mana From Heaven, of course.
  • T minus 4 hours and 49 minutes until nommage. I am putting the officall over/under at 3:35 for complete destruction of all available cookies in a three block radius . . .