So is your place of emplyment having a Christmas lunch/dinner?

Comments

• ddmilcan wrote: »
    First week of December, employees get their bonuses, hopefully early enough for Xmas shopping
    Second Week of December , regular pay
    Third week of December, $100.00 geft card for Metro, for their Xmas dinner
    1/2 day off either before Xmas or New Years, let them decide as per family etc.
    and yes we have a XMAS Luncheon!

Ebenezer Slim, after the ghost sightings!

You Hiring??
  • I work for a family business. We have always hosted a party for our Staff. We fly in all staff from all across Canada and the USA.

Company will pay for your hotel room or cab fare home, which ever they prefer. You would think that Hotel would be the more common, but most take the cab fare. To ensure that nobody drinks and drives. I guess because we have this party for staff only, no spouses, so most are expected to be home.

Before dinner we do a award presentation to employee's for length of service
    5 years = $1,000.00
    10 Years = $4,000.00
    15 years = $6,000.00
    20 years = $8,000.00
    25 years = $10,000.00 + a full paid cruise vacation

We have only ever had three employees reach the 25 year mark.

Over the course of the evening, we do a name draw. Basically pull your name from a barrel. Everyone is guaranteed at least $50.00, but certain key draws earn you more. very first name pulled out wins $500, every 10th name pulled out wins $100, last 5 win progressively more.
    5th last - $200.00
    4th last - $300.00
    3rd last - $500.00
    2nd last - $800.00
    last - $1,000.00

Dinner and dancing after with a full open bar.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    I work for a family business. We have always hosted a party for our Staff. We fly in all staff from all across Canada and the USA.

Company will pay for your hotel room or cab fare home, which ever they prefer. You would think that Hotel would be the more common, but most take the cab fare. To ensure that nobody drinks and drives. I guess because we have this party for staff only, no spouses, so most are expected to be home.

5 years = $1,000.00
    10 Years = $4,000.00
    15 years = $6,000.00
    20 years = $8,000.00

Over the course of the evening, we do a name draw. Basically pull your name from a barrel. Everyone is guaranteed at least $50.00, but certain key draws earn you more. very first name pulled out wins $500, every 10th name pulled out wins $100, last 5 win progressively more.
    5th last - $200.00
    4th last - $300.00
    3rd last - $500.00
    2nd last - $800.00
    last - $1,000.00

but no free breakfast?
  • No party. No bonus. 3 total days off during holidays (Xmas, Boxing Day, New Years)

Oh, and a pay freeze memo for 2013.

Fml
  • Yes we are having a Seasonal celebration. :)
  • :err:
    crazykoby wrote: »
    I work for a family business. We have always hosted a party for our Staff. We fly in all staff from all across Canada and the USA.

5 years = $1,000.00
    10 Years = $4,000.00
    15 years = $6,000.00
    20 years = $8,000.00

5th last - $200.00
    4th last - $300.00
    3rd last - $500.00
    2nd last - $800.00
    last - $1,000.00

you need a business analyst with a finance/IT background?
    First week of December, employees get their bonuses, hopefully early enough for Xmas shopping

lol, IT director invited? :)
  • crazykoby wrote: »

No spouses but you have a dance (free booze) and free hotel rooms afterward? hmmm...

crazykoby wrote: »

5 years = $1,000.00
    10 Years = $4,000.00
    15 years = $6,000.00
    20 years = $8,000.00

5th last - $200.00
    4th last - $300.00
    3rd last - $500.00
    2nd last - $800.00
    last - $1,000.00

STR82ACE wrote: »
    You Hiring??

What he said . . .
  • compuease wrote: »
    No spouses but you have a dance (free booze) and free hotel rooms afterward? hmmm...

I have over 100 employee's, so we have a pretty good mix of age groups. You always hear the odd story of someone fooling around.
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol, IT director invited? :)

Assumed you would be in Vegas!

:)
  • EDIT: forget it, I like my job
  • Lol thought I was the only auto worker on here! Shitty deal, union and all! Maybe you guys should put a Christmas party in the next contract lol cheers
  • i get the regular two weeks off that students get around xmas (last day is dec 21 and back to work on Jan. 7th). however, no bonus, no meal, and i don't get paid for the two weeks off.
  • Oh! Updates as of today

No more $50 gift card... now a company mug leftover from a summer job fair... and some chocolate to fill it.

Mark
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    :(

Hardly that big a deal considering the last couple years beating we've taken...

Lost 1/2 the staff in our office, had 2 deaths, 2 major medical (read - not working anymore) incidents, and several cases of people leaving due to dissatisfaction.... been a rough patch

Mark
  • My wife works for TD Bank, no Christmas party for past 2 years, cause as you know, Banks don't have any extra $$ sitting around for dinner. Previously it was a decent night but, spouses had to pay 35.00 to attend. No Bonus for her, and just the standard days that the bank is closed.

My Cafe doesn't do shit for Christmas cause its just us. We do close for a week though.

A couple of the great companies we work with treat us as one of their own though and include us in the Gifts that their employees get at Christmas. (Even got a 5 year anniversary present from the one) and I'm just one of their Vendors.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hardly that big a deal considering the last couple years beating we've taken...

Lost 1/2 the staff in our office, had 2 deaths, 2 major medical (read - not working anymore) incidents, and several cases of people leaving due to dissatisfaction.... been a rough patch

Mark

Sad, but that's pretty much what I remember working for who you work for. Always losing staff for one reason or another.

I do remember a number of really good xmas dinners at the 1/2 way house though. Always found it weird telling people I knew that I ate xmas turkey dinner last night with 4 murderers, 2 pedophiles, 3 bank robbers, a few fraud guys and a drunk driver who killed two people. Oh, and one guy who pounded the fingers off of someone with a 10lb weight plate. Merry xmas. :(
  • Sad, but that's pretty much what I remember working for who you work for. Always losing staff for one reason or another.

I do remember a number of really good xmas dinners at the 1/2 way house though. Always found it weird telling people I knew that I ate xmas turkey dinner last night with 4 murderers, 2 pedophiles, 3 bank robbers, a few fraud guys and a drunk driver who killed two people. Oh, and one guy who pounded the fingers off of someone with a 10lb weight plate. Merry xmas. :(

Never mind spotting the sucker, at Bill's game you need to spot the psychotic . . . :D
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    A couple of the great companies we work with treat us as one of their own though and include us in the Gifts that their employees get at Christmas. (Even got a 5 year anniversary present from the one) and I'm just one of their Vendors.

Isn't it great when your clients recognize your contributions this way? When they do this you know it's not just because they "have to". I have 3 or 4 just like this...
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Oh! Updates as of today

No more $50 gift card... now a company mug leftover from a summer job fair... and some chocolate to fill it.

Mark

fukc. no doughnuts. that is a crappy deal man.
  • That is what I was getting at. Pretty sure that drinking on the job (even a shot) could get you gone.
  • If you count pizza n wings for lunch as a Christmas celebration, going on my 24th year with the same company(I.T), gone are the dinner,dance,drinks and bonuses we used to get 10 years ago. Still have the Xmas kids party, that we have to pay for.
    Just happy to be employed still....
  • Sorry . . . should have thought of that myself. Thanks comp . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Sorry . . . should have thought of that myself. Thanks comp . . .

shakehead.gif
  • Enjoy your holiday bagel tomorrow. Maybe you can print this out and surreptitiously leave it by the mighty spread.
    Company Memo
    Palm Imports Inc.
    TO: All Employees
    DATE: November 1, 2012
    RE: Gala Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23rd,
    starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House.

There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional
    carols... feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus!

A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 PM. Exchanges of gifts among employees can be done at
    that time; however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's
    pockets.

This gathering is only for employees!

Our CEO will make a special announcement at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    Patty

Company Memo
    DATE: November 2, 20102
    RE: Gala Holiday Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize
    that Hanukkah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though
    unfortunately not this year.

However, from now on, we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy applies
    to any other employees who are not Christians and to those still celebrating Reconciliation
    Day.

There will be no Christmas tree and no Christmas carols will be sung.

We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family,
    Patty

Company Memo
    DATE: November 3, 2012
    RE: Holiday Party

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table,
    you didn't sign your name...

I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only",
    you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this?

Somebody?

And sorry, but forget about the gift exchange, no gifts are allowed since the union members feel
    that $10.00 is too much money and the executives believe $10.00 is a little chintzy.

REMEMBER: NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Patty

Company Memo
    To: All Employees
    DATE: November 4, 2012
    RE: Generic Holiday Party

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20th begins the Muslim holy month
    of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours.

There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does
    not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving
    your meal until the end of the party or else package everything for you to take it home in little
    foil doggy baggy. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet,
    and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms.

Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each group will
    have their own table.

Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table.
    To the person asking permission to cross dress, the Grill House asks that no cross-dressing be allowed,
    apparently because of concerns about confusion in the restrooms. Sorry.

We will have booster seats for short people.
    Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet.

I am sorry to report that we cannot control the amount of salt used in the food .
    The Grill House suggests that people with high blood pressure taste a bite first.

There will be fresh "low sugar" fruits as dessert for diabetics, but the restaurant cannot
    supply "no sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?!?!?
    Patty

Company Memo
    TO: All F*%^ing Employees
    DATE: November 5, 2012
    RE: The F*%^ing Holiday Party

I've had it with you vegetarian pricks!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill
    House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the
    "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your f*%^ing salad bar, including
    organic tomatoes.

But you know, tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them
    scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW!

The rest of you f*%^ing wierdos can kiss my *ss. I hope you all have a rotten holiday!

Drive drunk and die,

The B*tch from H*ll!!!

Company Memo
    DATE: November 6, 2012
    RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her recent
    nervous breakdown and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the asylum.

In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone
    the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Whatever!
    Joan
  • Shitty food.

Egg burrito, some granola cereal and plain yogurt, muffin. In other words Hotel Lobby Breakfast. :(

Merry fkn Christmas.