Question Week: JohnnieH

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »
    The Falcon is more versatile. It does both dog fighting and medium range bombing well.

Also, remember I was a kid and saying 'The Falcon' reminded me of the Millennium Falcon

google "Strike Eagle" . . . but okay.

How much sushi can you eat in one sitting, if we assume that each piece is a "one bite" morsel?
  • Milo wrote: »
    google "Strike Eagle" . . . but okay.

How much sushi can you eat in one sitting, if we assume that each piece is a "one bite" morsel?

I dunno....25....30 maybe?
  • When are you buying a plane?
    When do I get a ride?
    Does this mean Vegas more often.
    How much notice do you need if I am late?
    What is the over/under on Mark and his pants?

Milton Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    When are you buying a plane?
    When do I get a ride?
    Does this mean Vegas more often.
    How much notice do you need if I am late?
    What is the over/under on Mark and his pants?

Milton Slim

Probably never. Although some planes are relatively cheap (as little as $60K) the insurance is like $2K a year. It's cheaper to rent.

You can have a ride in the rental anytime you want, as long as you pitch in it!

Flight training means less Vegas trips :(

2 hours notice would be nice.

You mean for RC tomorrow? 2
  • Yes

and I would like to BAP of MArk for flipaments

Milton Slim, Snowflake, etc
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    Yes

and I would like to BAP of MArk for flipaments

Milton Slim, Snowflake, etc

No no no. Mark is horribad at flipaments. Mario is a much better investments.
    No no no. Mark is horribad at flipaments. Mario is a much better investments.

SFthis . . . no magic card needed. Mario has the magic DECK!!!
  • Still my week peeps! Fire away!
  • I assume you play live poker. What is your best tell you have on an opponent?
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    I assume you play live poker. What is your best tell you have on an opponent?

haha....first rule of poker: Never let your opponents know of their tells.
  • Yeah I know. I'm not asking you to name the person. Just the tell.
    There's a guy where I regularly play that when he talks while you ponder calling him he says stuff like I'm pretty sure I have you crushed. He really wants me to fold. The old strong is weak.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    Yeah I know. I'm not asking you to name the person. Just the tell.
    There's a guy where I regularly play that when he talks while you ponder calling him he says stuff like I'm pretty sure I have you crushed. He really wants me to fold. The old strong is weak.

OK, when somebody says "What do you have left? I put you all in" means "I have the nuts, now gimme your chips!"
  • Ever wanna be an airline pilot?

I always figured that job was the stone nuts... The planes fly themselves and flight attendants have always been babes
  • costanza wrote: »
    Ever wanna be an airline pilot?

I always figured that job was the stone nuts... The planes fly themselves and flight attendants have always been babes

haha. Not for a big airline. Most of those pilots are fairly young and have Science Degrees in Aviation from post secondary schools. They also trained and tested continuously since they shoulder a huge responsibility. I'm too old.

What intrigues me is business class charter jets. Those pilots are basically on call. Some rich person/company hires the jet to take them somewhere. The crew is booked and off they go. Those companies mostly hire older, more seasoned pilots that still want to fly part time. I may look into this option since I have a family and would hate to be gone for an extended period of time.

Yes, the planes are highly automated, but the flight does have a lot of work to due. That's why theres 2 or 3 of them on board.
  • costanza wrote: »
    Ever wanna be an airline pilot?

Ever try landing a plane on the Hudson river with no engines ? They may fly themselves, most of the time, but I am thankful for all the training these guys go through so they are ready if shit hits the fan.
  • Why do you continue to play KJo hoping to win, only to consistently lose??

I feel you on this one Johnnie...its one of THOSE hands for me too.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Why do you continue to play KJo hoping to win, only to consistently lose??

I feel you on this one Johnnie...its one of THOSE hands for me too.

I think I'm marginally OK with playing KJ, but when I'm up against it, game over :( I've been sucked out by it more times than I can count. I've probably lost over 1K to it in Vegas alone.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Ever try landing a plane on the Hudson river with no engines ? They may fly themselves, most of the time, but I am thankful for all the training these guys go through so they are ready if shit hits the fan.

I can't imagine the SIM time those pilots but in. But for the 200K/year (for Captains) I guess they can put up with it!
  • djgolfcan wrote: »

This is why you always want a pilot with a little snow on the roof, as the saying goes . . . by the by, Johnnie, as a FB friend of yours, and seeing how much your little one is growing, how goes the greying of the follicles? Just wait another 10 years . . .
    This is why you always want a pilot with a little snow on the roof, as the saying goes . . . by the by, Johnnie, as a FB friend of yours, and seeing how much your little one is growing, how goes the greying of the follicles? Just wait another 10 years . . .

I've been slowly going grey for years, but having a daughter has certainly sped it up some....haha.

Actually it could going pink for all I care, as long as its still there!
  • Two words . . . boy friend.

QUICK !!! what just went through your mind?
    Two words . . . boy friend.

QUICK !!! what just went through your mind?

I'm amazed at how liberal I am about this. I know one day she'll meet a guy, (maybe a girl) and go do what we all did when we were young. All the wife and I can do is educate her as best we can and hope she makes the choices that she wants to.

Hopefully she'll talk about it to her mother. I don't wanna know ;)
    I'm amazed at how liberal I am about this. I know one day she'll meet a guy, (maybe a girl) and go do what we all did when we were young. All the wife and I can do is educate her as best we can and hope she makes the choices that she wants to.

Hopefully she'll talk about it to her mother. I don't wanna know ;)

You'll stay liberal too . . . until that first date. Bwahahahahaha . . . :D

So, what did the wife's parents think of young Johnnie when he first came a-courting?
    Then suddenly, her mother died. A few weeks after the funeral I was going to hang out downtown with some other friends and on a whim I invited her along. We've been together ever since.
    Milo wrote: »
    So, what did the wife's parents think of young Johnnie when he first came a-courting?

You either didn't read this or didn't remember. Her mother had passed before I met her parents, so I only got to meet her father. At first I'm sure he was leery of me since I am 4.5 yrs older then her. But after awhile he warmed up to me and treated me like a son. When I asked him for Wraych's hand 2.5 years later, he had no objections. Yes, do the math. He saw that we were meant to be together.

Unfortunately he also since passed away in 2009, but he did meet his granddaughter, just the one time.

I miss him quite a bit. He was a good man.
  • Apologies for the memory lapse . . . it happens when you get older. It'll happen to you, too. you'll get to Stratford, fish around for the keys, and wonder where you left the plane. Speaking of which, how do you start one of those things, anyway? Keys? Push button? Combo?
    Apologies for the memory lapse . . . it happens when you get older. It'll happen to you, too. you'll get to Stratford, fish around for the keys, and wonder where you left the plane. Speaking of which, how do you start one of those things, anyway? Keys? Push button? Combo?

Of course, no worries.

Yell 'CLEAR PROP' out the window, turn the key, and when the propeller catches slowly increase the fuel into the mixture.
    how do you start one of those things, anyway? Keys? Push button? Combo?
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    Of course, no worries.

Yell 'CLEAR PROP' out the window, turn the key, and when the propeller catches slowly increase the fuel into the mixture.

How would we know if he's right ? He is a NEW pilot afterall. :)
  • He's been up, and he's come down. The fact that he is still able to post is a good sign in my books.
  • Active PFC Members only

Your
    Top 5 Live Players
    Top 5 Online Players