The end of the world in 2012 is definately comming....

2»

Comments

• yup, HTC desire, 1 day max. 1/2 day if doing anything intensive like oh, making phone calls..... iPhone 4s and 5 life seems to be better though some settings can cause those to drain like an open ended barrel as well.

NotSoSmartPhones?
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    bad info. Macs are uber upgradable. Ipads etc. are useless to me but the computers (laptops, desktops) are so flexible its insane. for my mac tower, the side comes off with the pull of a lever and I can hot swap hard drives! (into any one of 4 bays......)

but yeah, the whole iPad thing is really annoying.

and I have an Android phone. works brilliantly
    Nothing special about hot swappable drives or easily accessible components, I can build you a raided solid state desktop in a super accessible case for way less than it will cost you on a mac platform.. Don't compare those 2K Mac's to a $500. desktop please...
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Charged my phone up to 4pm yesterday, didn't use that much and it was turn off until 7am this morning. Battery was dead by 8am.

I think you may have a bad battery. My Galaxy II is good for a day and a half at least with moderate use. Mind you by moderate use I basically mean checking a few items on the web and email with a couple of short phone calls. I'm not a guy who is glued to my phone or even takes it to dinner....or if I do I leave it in the car. The new phones have poor battery life. Screen size vs this insane need for 'thin' means it can't be any other way. I believe you can get extended batteries (actually thicker batteries with a new rear cover) on Ebay. Not sure how well they work though...most are from China. In my mind with the size of the battery being able to power a computer that fast and a screen that big for even 12 hours is still amazing....but no question battery life is short by older standards.
    One thing I have noticed....not sure if I'm off base or not...but when I charge mine with the wall plug vs a USB into a computer it seems to get a much more solid charge.
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    I think you may have a bad battery. My Galaxy II is good for a day and a half at least with moderate use.

was thinking about getting more batteries but don't want the hassle of removing the skin, cover, to change the battery all the time. When I look at the apps running in the background, I have say 'Pokerstars' running. I have logged out of Stars but I guess it still runs in the background. Does that mean I have to go into settings every time and disable it from running to save some battery life?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    was thinking about getting more batteries but don't want the hassle of removing the skin, cover, to change the battery all the time. When I look at the apps running in the background, I have say 'Pokerstars' running. I have logged out of Stars but I guess it still runs in the background. Does that mean I have to go into settings every time and disable it from running to save some battery life?

pokerstars shouldn't be running all the time in the background. at least it doesn't for me on my android phone. you have to completely log out and exit the app.
  • Download juice defender may help with battery life
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Download juice defender may help with battery life

Isn't Johnny Cochrane dead?