Vegas Feb 2013

Comments

• June in 1st, with 11 months tied for 2nd
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    June in 1st, with 11 months tied for 2nd

Agreed... Probably the worst time is last week of July to end-August... there is a post-WSOP hangover, the rooms are quieter and it is just too hot...
  • have a $99 companion flight available on Westjet. Looking at Feb. 7 (depart 8:50pm Toronto) and return Feb. 12 (2:15pm depart Vegas). Both direct flights. If anyone is interested, let me know. Total cost for flight approx. $310 each (inclusive of taxes).
  • Venetian Deepstack schedule posted - Jan 31 to Feb 28 to run along side of the WSOPC

http://www.venetian.com/uploadedFiles/The_Venetian/Gaming/Deep_Stack_Extravaganza/DSE_I_2013_Schedule.pdf
  • Survivor tourneys!

[x] crosses fingers for mondays off
  • How long are the blind levels for the 7pm $200 games?
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    How long are the blind levels for the 7pm $200 games?

30 min.
  • compuease wrote: »
    30 min.

That's great, thx. Their site has every other piece of info, but that. Really thinking about head down to play a couple of these.
  • Booked Feb 13th to Feb 18th

One way ticket direct from toronto on Air Canada $219

Staying at Harrahs
    WED 2/13/2013 COMP
    THU 2/14/2013 COMP
    FRI 2/15/2013 $86.00
    SAT 2/16/2013 $86.00
    SUN 2/17/2013 $36.00
    Avg. per Night: $41.60
    Subtotal: $208.00
  • Considering this

Flight
    Detroit, MI Tuesday Departing: 7:40 PM
    Las Vegas, NV February 19, 2013 Arriving: 9:07 PM
    Las Vegas, NV Saturday Departing: 11:58 AM
    Detroit, MI February 23, 2013 Arriving: 6:47 PM
    Purchase Price
    FLIGHT More Information ► $20328
    GOVERNMENT'S CUT More Information ► $3430
    Total Due$237.58
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Might be looking at Feb 7 - 11th, via LA. GTA, you up for a Live at the Bike session? still tentative.

depending on where I am living, yes...would be good times
  • Booked spirit feb 17-23 $302.50 with 35off coupon, staying at Bally's
  • All booked up, land on Saturday the 9th, one way, likely return 15 or 16.
  • In for Superbowl, Feb 2 - 6
  • So I arrive the day before Chinese New Year, so get ur orders in for 8 dolla chips. I assume they get released on the 10th. I will not be going to the Wynn sadly because Im lazy and it's fucking far away.
  • I need someone to go to the Wynn for me. It's the only one I have a complete set of.
  • I always use priceline to book my rental cars but prices have been consistently high. I discovered costcotravel.com. I got a fullsize car from Budget for $203 for the week, which beat priceline by $55 and Budget's price by $89. Might be useful if you have a costco membership.
  • moose wrote: »
    I always use priceline to book my rental cars but prices have been consistently high. I discovered costcotravel.com. I got a fullsize car from Budget for $203 for the week, which beat priceline by $55 and Budget's price by $89. Might be useful if you have a costco membership.

Wow I just checked back at costcotravel and the price dropped. Now booked in an economy car but for just $161. Priceline is at $241.
  • Roll Call - who is confirmed for Vegas?

Woog - Feb 2-6
    Wetts - Feb 9-14
    Wes - Feb 9-16
    Crazykoby - Feb 10-19
    SteveKerr - Feb 13-?
    Moose - Feb 17-23

Anyone else?
  • Wes leaves on the 16th.

I think I plan on squeezing in the Bellagio buffet on Sun Feb. 17, probably play some cash at Bellagio/Mirage and then head to TI for the 7pm mixed games.
    Wow I just checked back at costcotravel and the price dropped. Now booked in an economy car but for just $161. Priceline is at $241.

Sweet. Rebooked again today @ $148.
  • So jealous. I have to wait until end of April.
    Wes leaves on the 16th.

9-16 for me
  • westside8 wrote: »
    9-16 for me

What flight on 9th?
  • I'm actually 10-19
    Sweet. Rebooked again today @ $148.

Totally nails! This costcotravel.com site is like crack. Just checked again and booked a Mustang convertible for $134.

Priceline wants $211.
  • Just booked tickets to UNLV vs ColSt next Wed. Go Rebels!
  • Quick condensed TR - detailed one posted later.

First night there..went to collect CNY chips and decided to see what games Wynn was spreading. Saw Huck Seed playing 1-3 NL and sat down. Took about $200 off him with AA in a 678 A board when I shoved on the turn and he folded. 2 orbits later, I was 6 bet shoved on by aggro female with AK on my left and essentially doubled my $750 stack with AA. #rungood

Stack with Huck Seed in the background unintentionally.

camerazoom2013021003301.jpg
  • Extended trip report

Seeing how this trip was with some family, didn't play nearly as much poker as I liked. I'll skip the parts about Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire side-trips in this report and focus on the poker/gambling I did play.

Night 1

Got in at about midnight, by the time rental car was picked up and checked in at Flamingo, it was close to 1am. Had 2 remodelled rooms at Flamingo, attempted the $20 trick, and was denied for the first night as they were fully booked. Was promised to receive an upgrade to 2 strip view 2 Queens bed room the next day. Skeptical but at 4am east coast time, the others just wanted to get to the room and pass out. I headed over to Venetian/Palazzo/Wynn and picked up CNY chips at each property respectively. Must've been awhile but the walk from Flamingo up to Venetian felt alot longer than it did previously.

After picking up all the CNY chips, decided to see the action at the Wynn Poker Room - had a couple of open seats at the 1-3NL tables and saw a table with tons of chips, so decided to sit down and took seat 1 . Turns out Huck was at the table with about $800, a couple of slightly intoxicated guys with $600/700, and a couple of others with a full BI. Talkative table, with 2-3 players seemingly trying to find out alot about Huck and what he's doing at 1-3NL.

Pretty aggressive table and stayed out of the way for about the first 2-3 orbits pretty much a direct result of not having any playable hands.

Hand 1

First hand played was folded to me on the button with AQ, folded on the turn to the SB when I got check-raised double-barrelling. Lost a couple of hands after and dropped to about $375/$400 before the next hand. Huck raised to $11 UTG+1, 2 callers to me with AQ, 3-bet to $46, called by first initial caller after the raise. Flop KJ3 rainbow, check, bet $53, call. Turn 9, check, check. River T, bet $100, I shove, he curses a few times, talks to himself some more, folds.

Hand 2

A couple orbits go by, and I raise AA in MP to $11 and gets 4 callers. Flop 678 2 diamonds 1 heart, Huck leads $50, I call, rest folds. Turn A hearts, Huck leads $150, I shove (covers him), he folds.

Hand 3

Another few orbits go by, and gets into the massive hand that broke the table. I raised UTG+1 with AA to $11, 3-bet by UTG+2 to $45, Huck 4-bets to $95, I 5-bet to $190, UTG+2 ships with around $600. I snap when Huck folds and beats AK. Seat 2 and 3 also left at that time (2/3/4 were friends) and 2 of the players on the other side didn't want to play 4 handed meaning the table broke. Cashed out for about $1650 for a profitable first night.

Headed over to the Venetian next and will continue with the TR later.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Must've been awhile but the walk from Flamingo up to Venetian felt alot longer than it did previously.
    Getting older son? :) Nice trip report, keep er going..