Sports bets.

2»

Comments

• agree with Macke, they basically never win
  • I'm still a sports betting noob. Could someone explain parlays an why they are bad?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I'm still a sports betting noob. Could someone explain parlays an why they are bad?

One bet relying on the winning outcome of two or more games to pay. Like Pro-line would only allow you to place bets on 3 games together. Get 2 of 3 right and you win 0.
  • I assume the payout is greater for a parley then 3 single game bets?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I assume the payout is greater for a parley then 3 single game bets?

You got it....risk vs reward.

Standard is

Number Odds
    2 Team Parlay 13 to 5
    3 Team Parlay 6 to 1
    4 Team Parlay 10 to 1
    5 Team Parlay 20 to 1
    6 Team Parlay 40 to 1
    7 Team Parlay 75 to 1
    8 Team Parlay 150 to 1
    9 Team Parlay 300 to 1
    10 Team Parlay 700 to 1
    11 Team Parlay 1100 to 1
  • a lot of people feel that the increase in potential profit is usually not worth it compared to the actual odds of winning.
  • trigs wrote: »
    a lot of people feel that the increase in potential profit is usually not worth it compared to the actual odds of winning.

Give me $10 and if you can guess 6 coin flips in a row I'll give you $400. Great deal right?
  • Give me $10 and if you can guess 6 coin flips in a row I'll give you $400. Great deal right?

how about 4 flips?
  • Do the odds work in parlays? Can I take a bunch of favorites and still win?
  • great story here about a guy who degen'd off a bunch betting parlays:
    Degen Stories.... - Page 34 - Poker Beats Brags and Variance
  • Hit my first 2 gamer on Euro with France and England. Pressed it all on Spain and France to win their next matches and no I'm not going to stop doing parlays, lol.
  • I enjoy gambling, weather it be playing cards, betting sports futures, prop bets, teasers or on a single game or making 2,3,4,5,6 etc parlays. Who the fuck are you to tell me not to bet a parlay. I earn a good dollar and I'll gamble it however I please. That also includes staking which has got to be the worst single form of gambling ever but I still do it. Go Spain!