diablo 3

anyone a gamer here?

diablo 2 was always one of my favorite games. so psyched for D3! played a little bit today, but servers are down already. i figured there would be issues on the launch day.

Comments

• Never got into Diablo.

Was a huge Starcraft player though back in the day.

It's been too long though and haven't touched SC2.
  • I'm not touching diablo 3, I know better :) ...now
  • i REFUSE to read, look, watch, play diablo 3

nothing and i mean nothing good can come of it lol

fack ... everyone says its amazing too.
  • Never ever buy games when they first come out.

You don't want to play though the nose and be a bug reporter for the game companies.

Always wait about a year. By then, the game will include two expansion packs and thousands of bug fixes for half the price or less.

Plus the *player* (not game critic) reviews will be out and tell you if it's good or crap.

You don't want to play though the nose and be a bug reporter for the game companies.

Always wait about a year. By then, the game will include two expansion packs and thousands of bug fixes for half the price or less.

Plus the *player* (not game critic) reviews will be out and tell you if it's good or crap.

Sounds good...is it time for Skyrim?
  • literation wrote: »

skyrim is pretty sweet. get the pc version though as you can code in bug corrections.

probably true, but since i've been waiting for ten plus years for D3, i don't think i can sit around for a year while it's out.

8 years of development and 6 months of beta testing. Plus, Blizzard, arguably the single best video game company on the planet. The bugs people are reporting most have to do with the sharpness of the picture.

Never ever buy shitty games when they first come out. With Blizzard franchises, you'll get better quality on day 1 than most games will see in 2 years of patches and bug fixes.

I've waited 10 years for this day. Fuck the haters. Let me hear the story. Leftclick4lyfe.

/fanboy
  • So how is it?

literation wrote: »

Yes, Skyrim is okay now, After a lot of bug fixes it's much improved.

But if you wait another month or so they will probably give you the new , Dawnguard DLC expansion for free when you buy it. Plus another round of bugfixes will accompany the new DLC.
  • actyper wrote: »
    So how is it?

i'm definitely enjoying it so far. haven't played it too much yet. got my witch doctor to level 11. i have a few friends who have already got it as well so it's been fun playing with them. coop is a blast.

haven't checked out the real money auction house yet, but probably never will. could be an interesting source of income possibly. there's also a battle arena which i will have to try out at some point.

overall opinion (so far):
    • graphics are pretty good - could be better but was never blizzards main concern
    • playing style is awesome - a lot more possible actions and attacks compared to D2; a lot more strategy involved as well
    • coop is crazy easy to set up and play
    • plot line is actually interesting
    • monsters are pretty sweet and i haven't even really seen the 'good' ones yet
  • I was going to get it, think I might skip, I played a ton of diablo the original, and diablo 2 when it was released, I remember getting to lvl 30 for the first time, after it was 3 days released....it will be harder soon enough.

I do agree Blizzards track record speaks for itself all but Warcraft 3 have been amazing and even that doesnt actually suck.
  • Sort of off topic but i'm now just getting over Mass Effect 3 and starting to play some games again.

Oh that ending... =(
  • Macke wrote: »
    Never got into Diablo.

Was a huge Starcraft player though back in the day.

It's been too long though and haven't touched SC2.

I'm in the same boat. Never played Diablo, but WarCraft 2: Tides of Darkness (and its many expansion pacts) is one of my all time favourite computer games. When Apple release OS X, Blizzard didn't bother to update the patch to make WC2 playable, so it's obsolete to me :(
  • I play some games, I've made decent money playing league of legends, Probably up around 1k :P . SC2 is hard and I'm only around middish platina but diablo will def be played sooner or later
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I play some games, I've made decent money playing league of legends, Probably up around 1k :P . SC2 is hard and I'm only around middish platina but diablo will def be played sooner or later

You made money playing League of Legends?

How?
  • You made money playing League of Legends?

How?

Go to EB Games.

Wait for skinny nerd to walk in alone to buy games.

Follow said nerd outside.

Take nerd's game (with receipt) and wallet. Return game to different EB Games.

EZ game :)
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Go to EB Games.

Wait for skinny nerd to walk in alone to buy games.

Follow said nerd outside.

Take nerd's game (with receipt) and wallet. Return game to different EB Games.

EZ game :)

I remember you...
  • If Diablo III Were A Girl Video

If you dont laugh at this you lost your sense of humor and should go get it.
  • You made money playing League of Legends?

How?

-get good
    -get team
    -crush LAN tournaments
    -Play go4LoL and other open online events
    -get good
    -get team
    -crush LAN tournaments
    -Play go4LoL and other open online events

D3 has their real money auction house now so you can buy and sell in game items for actual cash. i'm definitely interested in how much some of the best items will sell for. could be pretty lucrative to farm certain mobs and sell off drops.
  • trigs wrote: »
    D3 has their real money auction house now so you can buy and sell in game items for actual cash. i'm definitely interested in how much some of the best items will sell for. could be pretty lucrative to farm certain mobs and sell off drops.

Yes

Chinese Prisoners Allegedly Forced to Play 'World of Warcraft' | PCWorld

I think this sounds like a horrible idea for a feature
    I think this sounds like a horrible idea for a feature

a lot of people are against it for sure. don't like the idea that you can just buy your way to a good character. personally, i don't think i will ever use it. they obviously have the regular gold auction house as well.
    a lot of people are against it for sure. don't like the idea that you can just buy your way to a good character. personally, i don't think i will ever use it. they obviously have the regular gold auction house as well.

feels like teen computer addicts might go broke getting hassled in that action house
  • Does D3 cannibalize WoW player base or is it additive?
  • literation wrote: »
    Does D3 cannibalize WoW player base or is it additive?

are you asking if all WOW players have to move to D3 now?

they are completely different games with different styles of play. D3 is a more linear hack and slash type game. it is not a MMORPG like WOW.
    feels like teen computer addicts might go broke getting hassled in that action house

players do not have to use the real money auction house if they don't want to.

also, unlike D2 that got hacked liked crazy, D3 will actually be an online hosted game (so even playing one player you have to log on to the diablo.net server). this was done for mostly security reasons and to protect the real money auction house. obviously not saying it's 100% hack proof though.
  • gaming addicts don't have to play games if they don't want to
    are you asking if all WOW players have to move to D3 now?

they are completely different games with different styles of play. D3 is a more linear hack and slash type game. it is not a MMORPG like WOW.

Oh I was just curious if WOW players would choose to move to D3 (when I read auction house and coop) but the games are different.