Urgent!!!! Royal date or venue change.

Sorry guys (and gals), due to a scheduling snafu the hall here in Milton is no longer available to us on Apr 21st. So now we have to pick a new date. I'm thinking Apr 28th but I guess May 5th is also a possibility...
Thoughts?

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    Sorry guys (and gals), due to a scheduling snafu the hall here in Milton is no longer available to us on Apr 21st. So now we have to pick a new date. I'm thinking Apr 28th but I guess May 5th is also a possibility...
    Thoughts?

OPT is running an event on Apr. 28, not sure how many play both. So I vote May 5 but am good with either.
  • Captains should be chiming in first, but I am with DJ.
  • may 5 but i'm going to have trouble now. vacation requests are already in. I'm going to see how much my curling club costs, obv cheaper if no alcohol.
  • if there's any sort of free agent stuff going on im avail... so is btp if he's back from WPT in time :D :P
  • Are you even on a team? Then shaddup and let the adults figure this out.
  • Ok, can I request Captains only post here for now so that this doesn't get out of hand... They can poll their teams and see what's preferred...
  • Will check with my team, is there a range we can aim for, say the 28th, 5th, 12th or 19th?

Also, surely they'll give us a freebie rental yes?

Mark
  • Again?

C'mon man!
  • Waiting to hear back from KitWho? Will post asap.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Will check with my team, is there a range we can aim for, say the 28th, 5th, 12th or 19th?

Also, surely they'll give us a freebie rental yes?

Mark

From what I have heard, the 5th is looking like the better choice.. And yes, consider it free... If we go too late into May we may interfere with WSOP plans..
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Again?

C'mon man!

Come up with an alternate location.... your basement perhaps? :)
  • The 5th would lose a full 1/2 of HBK... NOT a good option

Mark
  • The Donkey launchers would not be able to make the April 28 date due to mandatory OT at work:bs:..and would have to reconfirm with my plrs for the may 5th date.
  • Im with the majority so far on May 5th. Will double check with a couple of people but I get the feeling thus far that it may be the better choice
  • The 28th is no good for KitWho?
    The 5th I'd only have to replace half.

Will watch the thread for how it turns out.
  • Will have to let team know and get back to you later in the week.
  • TWO teams now saying the 5th is no good.

Just saying.. 1/8 of the players gone is a bad date.

Mark
  • What about that venue CrazyKoby had a lead on?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    What about that venue CrazyKoby had a lead on?

I'll ask but might be to late now
  • Look guys I have no issue with changing the venue or date to whenever but we're unlikely to find a good date for everyone. Do we keep trying to find a date or just postpone till the fall..?
    Would the 12th of May work?

I'm going to make a poll for the captains only to vote on. They should have the fingers on the pulse of their teams...
  • Tried the curling club $225 to rent for the day. Bar is extra. Apr 28 avail.
  • moose wrote: »
    Tried the curling club $225 to rent for the day. Bar is extra. Apr 28 avail.

April 28th is available here in Milton as well, it's April 21st that isn't.
  • yeah...oops. anyways that's the cost.
  • OK checking avail of a totally free downtown Cambridge location.
  • moose wrote: »
    OK checking avail of a totally free downtown Cambridge location.

sounds promising..... tables/chairs? for the original 21st date?
  • Tables chairs totally free, Apr 21. Should have lots of space and parking. Will also be available in the future with enough warning. Will need to find a team though for the person booking. Should know in a day or two.
  • Downtown location out. Trying a second location in Cambridge closer to 401.
  • What about the Cave?
  • asxn557 wrote: »
    What about the Cave?

The Cave is not big enough. It is full with 5 tables.