Couple of players needed for team Tournament in Innisfil Sunday March 25th.

2»

Comments

• Why don't we meet at the Hwy 25/401 car park, since I know there isn't a lot of extra parking around Comp's place.

I didn't read the stud part before I sent the earlier message. As I said before, any of the games are fine with me.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Why don't we meet at the Hwy 25/401 car park, since I know there isn't a lot of extra parking around Comp's place.

I didn't read the stud part before I sent the earlier message. As I said before, any of the games are fine with me.

If you are good with Stud that would be great, car park as mentioned above at 8:10?
  • Driving myself, and I'll risk the pulled pork.
  • The only "food" option is a convenience store around the corner and the pizza place we will be using for dinner - we are in the middle of nowhere - just a heads up.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Be aware that there doesn't appear to be anywhere close to get food, so I assume you are bringing your own?

I said no to lunch because I just don't eat hotdogs or pulled pork. I'll pack a few sangwhiches to hold me over til pizza time.
    I can meet up with you guys if there is room for one more.
  • I would actually love to attend this event as I am in innisfil myself. I wouldn't mind joining a league of sorts to have something to look forward to and just being able to get out and play on a more regular basis and meet some new people. Is this the same event that is from 705 poker? I have the meetup app with all the games they are running.

I will be battling it out in Montreal that day but I will keep an eye out for future events that are local.
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    Is this the same event that is from 705 poker? I have the meetup app with all the games they are running.

Yes - that's us! :)
  • Awesome. Are there any leagues starting in the future or is it mostly just weekly trny's?
  • Hot dog. It's been about a year since my last one!
  • Where was everybody today?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    Where was everybody today?

lol, no idea... Had coffee with some eager guy tho...
  • Ok, 6 of us made the trek to today to play this inaugural Tin Cup..

Nice event, especially for their first. Ran pretty smooth, nice lunch, pizza good at dinner.... We just couldn't get any momentum going..9 teams, we were 5th after first round, 4th after 2nd, tied for third after 3rd round. Managed to finish 1 pt ahead of the team we were tied with at the finish but one of the trailing teams managed to squeek past us both by 3 points to push us to the prize bubble..

I would like to thank the organizers and congratulate the winners.

Also thankyou to Mark, Al, Ed, Tom and Anthony for teaming up with moi..
    I was disappointed in my own performance as the best finish I had was a couple of 4ths. Just not something I'm used to, sorry guys, even an avg performance by me and we money...:(
  • A great Event, won by "We be Donks".

My Team was, "YRPL", York Region Poker League, second for $800.
  • khealy wrote: »
    My Team was, "YRPL", York Region Poker League, second for $800.

You should look at forming a team for the Royal Cup.
  • Good job pilot and YRPL.. I agree it was a very fun event.
  • I had a great time yesterday. Thanks for taking me on compuease. We gave it a decent run but came up just short of getting our money back. I think it was a well organized day. My only real complaint about the whole thing is the level jump from 50/100 to 150/300. I'd like to go back and do it again :-)
    P.S. nice to meet yo RWPKRPLR!
  • Yup, for a first time out, they sure did a nice job. If I were to pick nits it would be with the effect that the time limits placed on the manner of play towards the end of each event. I think it made for some non-poker type strategies. That being said, it is a minor issue as all teams are in the same boat. I would definitely make the trip back to play . . . if invited. As much as you want to take bubbling on your shoulders, comp, ask your self this: Who goes BROKE in a LIMIT 5-Stud event? Plenty of mis-steps to go around, as well as some gems, too.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    P.S. nice to meet yo RWPKRPLR!
    It was awesome meeting you, data and seeing comp again.Its always Great to meet and chat with forum members in person.
  • Well if that was their first time at this, koodos fellas. Well done.

I too was disappointed with my placings in the holdem games. But PLO seems to like me, as my luck held when it had to.

Thanks for the invite Comp.
  • Thanks for the koodos - we had a blast setting this up and with a few tweaks it will get even better. We sure got of to a slow start (blaming it on the organizing ... LOL). If we don't have such a bad first round I think we contend ... I won the PLO game and lost AK<AJ in the last round so I'm okay with my day ... I do have individual point breakdowns if anyone wants them ... >:D :-X
  • NO MORE 5-STUD !!! Unless you make it a 1-3-1 format. I think there was universal agreement at our table on this one.
  • I Just moved to Bradford (401/hw88)

I will try to make it for next game.
  • 400 & 88

401 is more south