pokerstars zoom poker

apparently they are possibly releasing their own version of full tilt's rush poker soon. i'm excited :)

A Review of PokerStars' Zoom Poker | PokerNews

Comments

• trigs wrote: »
    apparently they are possibly releasing their own version of full tilt's rush poker soon. i'm excited :)

A Review of PokerStars' Zoom Poker | PokerNews

Been on beta for awhile - should be even better than rush poker with some added features that Rush didn't have.
  • Zoom is indeed in Beta form on our Test client, with plans to unveil it for real money play in the near future. Once it's out I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on it, we're pretty excited to see it in action.

Dylan
  • Zoom is indeed in Beta form on our Test client, with plans to unveil it for real money play in the near future. Once it's out I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on it, we're pretty excited to see it in action.

Dylan

i will definitely let you know what i think. feel free to add me to the beta ;)
  • Sweet!

I'm missing the days of playing Rush Poker on my Android phone. :(
  • noticed on the update today zoooom poker beta was on it....tried to go in to check it out, but said it was full
  • Simplistic question here, is zoom poker going to reduce or negate the use of a HUD?
  • literation wrote: »
    Simplistic question here, is zoom poker going to reduce or negate the use of a HUD?

PokerTracker has a zoom poker ready HUD, haven't downloaded it yet though
  • played zoom, hated it, snap re-induced a cash game ban :(
  • zoom is meh
  • haven't tried it yet since i didn't touch poker yesterday. maybe today if i get a chance i'll jump on it and give it a go. i'm assuming it's just cash games for now.
  • So far it seems great, posted profits each time I played zoom today. A few things I like about it so far is... no downtime, you don't have players verbally bashing you when take their money!!and you don't have to worry about teams. The best part about it right now is a lot of stars plrs are experiencing this format for the first time, so they're making mad mistakes. Not like rush where it was mostly cooler after cooler. stars will get to this point, but for now it seems like a cash grab.
  • Tin foil hat time.

Holy crap did I get raped at the zoom tables which I had been asking for for a while (the tables, not the raping...)....

I'll just stick with aces but this type of stuff was happening with all hand types,

over 1000 hands I had AA 14 times. this alone is very odd.
    1 time in the blinds, everyone folds. yay, I win,
    1 time mid position, 3x raise, all fold I win,
    2x, all in Pre, I win Yay,
    4 times, loose to a set by the river
    1 time, fold on the river to a four flush on the board, lost 1/2 a buy in
    1 time all in pre, 99?!? gets there with a straight flush? I kid you not. in isolation this would be nothing,
    4 times, 4 times in 1000 hands I lose to quads!

so, no more zoom for me. little bankroll can't handle it. it could before I got into it.....
    got a lot of VPP's :)
  • okay, i finally sat down and played some zoom. definitely fast. definitely fun. i lost track of time but i got in about 350 hands of $0.02-$0.05 in probably around an hour.

software: seems to run well. nice and crisp. possibly even smoother than rush was.

players: crazy, crazy soft (for example, i actually had one player fold when he was acting first on the flop heads up - guess he needed to zoom off somewhere - har). i am by no means a great cash game player (actually i'm definitely a subpar one) and i easily ran my one buy-in up to four. granted, i did play some rush when it was around and i'm assuming that many on stars are still learning zoom in a sense.

i will definitely play again and see what i can make of it. so far i'm optimistic.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    Tin foil hat time.

Holy crap did I get raped at the zoom tables which I had been asking for for a while (the tables, not the raping...)....

I'll just stick with aces but this type of stuff was happening with all hand types,

over 1000 hands I had AA 14 times. this alone is very odd.
    1 time in the blinds, everyone folds. yay, I win,
    1 time mid position, 3x raise, all fold I win,
    2x, all in Pre, I win Yay,
    4 times, loose to a set by the river
    1 time, fold on the river to a four flush on the board, lost 1/2 a buy in
    1 time all in pre, 99?!? gets there with a straight flush? I kid you not. in isolation this would be nothing,
    4 times, 4 times in 1000 hands I lose to quads!

so, no more zoom for me. little bankroll can't handle it. it could before I got into it.....
    got a lot of VPP's :)

yeah i hate when i get aces too.
  • just found out zoom hands can't be manually imported on poker tracker. at least i can't get it to work. sucks.
  • Had that issue last night, go to you pokerstars hand history folder and import them from there. If you have been to this location before, each date should have there own folder. Upload using the directory option and select the folders one by one. Make sure you have the latest update
  • Appreciating the Zoom feedback guys, keep it coming. As this is new, the Zoom team is very interested in hearing player impressions.

Dylan
  • Very choppy when the tables are full, Buttons show up before cards. VIP status stars bounce around from player to player. I had a pstars pro icon the other night lol sometimes a player has supernova stars and is actually a bronze star! You need to add filters...you need to add overflow tables for when the main game is full. And most of all a big promotion to attract some of your tourney players.
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    Very choppy when the tables are full, Buttons show up before cards. VIP status stars bounce around from player to player. I had a pstars pro icon the other night lol sometimes a player has supernova stars and is actually a bronze star! You need to add filters...you need to add overflow tables for when the main game is full. And most of all a big promotion to attract some of your tourney players.

I saw the screenshot you posted earlier - I wasn't sure if we had added someone new to our Team Pro roster or not ;).

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, I'll be passing them along to the appropriate people for them to be considered and hopefully we can get these kinks worked out.

Dylan
  • I saw the screenshot you posted earlier - I wasn't sure if we had added someone new to our Team Pro roster or not ;).
    One day! Also I know its a little early but it would fun to have zoom tournaments..
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    One day! Also I know its a little early but it would fun to have zoom tournaments..

big +1 for this
  • What does everybody think the impact of Zoom Poker will be? I think it will be huge:

- Rake will be collected much faster. The 2/3+ of losing players will go busto much faster.
    - The long-run will be reached faster. While somebody playing live may take years to realize that he is a losing player, it will be painfully obvious much sooner at Zoom Poker.

- PokerStars will increase its market share unless the other sites like iPoker, PartyPoker, etc. also copy Rush Poker. Recreational players will prefer to lose at Zoom Poker rather than have a higher win rate at softer sites.
    - It will be faster to pay >$18,181 in rake, so there will be a lot more Supernova/Elite players. Zoom Poker tables will be infested with Supernova players.
    - Any game that introduces the Zoom Poker option will have at least half the hands dealt in the game changed to Zoom. So players that don't like or are worse in Zoom will be pissed off.

What's the impact so far of Zoom Poker on you?
    In the first few days after launch, approximately 25% of all cash game players were playing Zoom Poker.
    :
    Despite making up only one-quarter of players, Zoom Poker has been racking up nearly half of all cash game hands dealt because the hands are approximately three times as fast. Each Zoom player is therefore roughly equivalent to three regular cash game players (or one player playing three tables at once). By that measure, PokerStars traffic is up nearly 50% since the Zoom launch, which could account for the loss of traffic among major competitors.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    What's the impact so far of Zoom Poker on you?

i'm finally winning at online cash games.
  • I took off my cash table restriction and played PLO zoom last night (.05/.10 ) and I made 50 bucks in less than 100 hands, took literally about 5 minutes

Im really liking it.
  • costanza wrote: »
    I took off my cash table restriction and played PLO zoom last night (.05/.10 ) and I made 50 bucks in less than 100 hands, took literally about 5 minutes

Im really liking it.

haha, Welcome to the dark side! In my other thread "when is the best times to play cash games online?" you wrote
    "Never
    /thread "

Good job winning the $50:)
  • Weeeeeeeeeee

PokerStars Zoom Hand #77753347691: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2012/03/24 18:38:06 ET
    Table 'bltable.1226217968.1226221724' 9-max
    Seat 1: asensio1989 ($10.67 in chips)
    Seat 2: Hurrycain666 ($10.86 in chips)
    Seat 3: gambler1801 ($18.41 in chips)
    Seat 4: OEBS_CTK ($28.75 in chips)
    Seat 5: Slowrono ($25.86 in chips)
    Seat 6: harcek ($6.79 in chips)
    Seat 7: kkosta73 ($9.60 in chips)
    Seat 8: Mike1141 ($11.80 in chips)
    Seat 9: Saaipofta ($10.45 in chips)
    Hurrycain666: posts small blind $0.05
    gambler1801: posts big blind $0.10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Mike1141 [Kc Ac]
    OEBS_CTK: folds
    Slowrono: folds
    harcek: folds
    kkosta73: folds
    Mike1141: calls $0.10
    Saaipofta: folds
    asensio1989: folds
    Hurrycain666: folds
    gambler1801: checks
    *** FLOP *** [Ah Kd Kh]
    gambler1801: bets $0.12
    Mike1141: calls $0.12
    *** TURN *** [Ah Kd Kh] [Ad]
    gambler1801: bets $0.23
    Mike1141: calls $0.23
    *** RIVER *** [Ah Kd Kh Ad] [As]
    gambler1801: bets $0.91
    Mike1141: raises $10.44 to $11.35 and is all-in
    gambler1801: calls $10.44
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Mike1141: shows [Kc Ac] (four of a kind, Aces)
    gambler1801: mucks hand
    Mike1141 collected $22.59 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $23.65 | Rake $1.06
    Board [Ah Kd Kh Ad As]
    Seat 1: asensio1989 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: Hurrycain666 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: gambler1801 (big blind) mucked [9c 2c]
    Seat 4: OEBS_CTK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: Slowrono folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: harcek folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: kkosta73 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: Mike1141 showed [Kc Ac] and won ($22.59) with four of a kind, Aces
    Seat 9: Saaipofta folded before Flop (didn't bet)
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Weeeeeeeeeee

PokerStars Zoom Hand #77753347691: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2012/03/24 18:38:06 ET
    Table 'bltable.1226217968.1226221724' 9-max
    Seat 1: asensio1989 ($10.67 in chips)
    Seat 2: Hurrycain666 ($10.86 in chips)
    Seat 3: gambler1801 ($18.41 in chips)
    Seat 4: OEBS_CTK ($28.75 in chips)
    Seat 5: Slowrono ($25.86 in chips)
    Seat 6: harcek ($6.79 in chips)
    Seat 7: kkosta73 ($9.60 in chips)
    Seat 8: Mike1141 ($11.80 in chips)
    Seat 9: Saaipofta ($10.45 in chips)
    Hurrycain666: posts small blind $0.05
    gambler1801: posts big blind $0.10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Mike1141 [Kc Ac]
    OEBS_CTK: folds
    Slowrono: folds
    harcek: folds
    kkosta73: folds
    Mike1141: calls $0.10
    Saaipofta: folds
    asensio1989: folds
    Hurrycain666: folds
    gambler1801: checks
    *** FLOP *** [Ah Kd Kh]
    gambler1801: bets $0.12
    Mike1141: calls $0.12
    *** TURN *** [Ah Kd Kh] [Ad]
    gambler1801: bets $0.23
    Mike1141: calls $0.23
    *** RIVER *** [Ah Kd Kh Ad] [As]
    gambler1801: bets $0.91
    Mike1141: raises $10.44 to $11.35 and is all-in
    gambler1801: calls $10.44
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Mike1141: shows [Kc Ac] (four of a kind, Aces)
    gambler1801: mucks hand
    Mike1141 collected $22.59 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $23.65 | Rake $1.06
    Board [Ah Kd Kh Ad As]
    Seat 1: asensio1989 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: Hurrycain666 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: gambler1801 (big blind) mucked [9c 2c]
    Seat 4: OEBS_CTK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: Slowrono folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: harcek folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: kkosta73 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: Saaipofta folded before Flop (didn't bet)

hate to say I told ya so....but I think i just did:D
  • kwsteve wrote: »

I think the term "sick" definitely applies! Nice job
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    I think the term "sick" definitely applies! Nice job

+1.. Very Sick!!!
  • i have to say, i also love the option of holding the control button when clicking fold in order to watch the rest of the hand play out.