OPT charity game for Cancer

I know it's really early for this but it seems to be filling up pretty quicky, so i don't want anyone on this forum who wants to play to miss out. I did this game last year as well, and those who came can vouch for what a great time it was. If you want to play sign up or post here

http://www.orangevillepokertour.com/events/53254592/

Comments

• crazykoby wrote: »
    I know it's really early for this but it seems to be filling up pretty quicky, so i don't want anyone on this forum who wants to play to miss out. I did this game last year as well, and those who came can vouch for what a great time it was. If you want to play sign up or post here

http://www.orangevillepokertour.com/events/53254592/

The link states that only members can see the info.

Please post details here.
  • OPT Charity Poker Tournament In Support Of Women's Cancers DEEPSTACK (In Bolton)

Saturday, July 21, 2012, 1:00 PM

Greg's Place

14 Egan Crescent, Bolton, ON

Price: CAD120.00/per person

Greg Hartwick's wife Anita will be walking in The Weekend to End Women's Cancers benefiting The Princess Maragaret Hospital. This tournament is to help support her and the walk.
    Saturday July 21, 2011 at 1:00pm
    $100 buy in for 8000 starting chips (all goes into the prize pool)
    $20 option for an extra 2000 chips (goes towards breast cancer)
    Blind Structure will follow that of The WSOP Main Event and be 30mins in length.
    Rebuy - $40 for 10k chips if you bust in the first 4 levels (50% to prize pool/50% to charity)
    Location - Greg's Place In Bolton
    Dinner - Anita will be making us a buffet style dinner for 5pm
    Additional Prizes - To Be Added Closer To Date

Anita Hartwick - This is my second year walking in the Weekend to End Woman's Cancer benefiting Princess Margaret Hospital. I am again walking with my friend who is a survivor of breast cancer. I am also walking for a friend who was recently diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. While this is not specifically a woman's cancer, she is being treated at Princess Margaret Hospital. Sadly, cancer continues to impact the lives of those close to me.
    Walking in the Weekend last year was such a positive experience. The strength of the walkers, some of whom are survivors overcoming personal obstacles to walk a very challenging distance, the enthusiasm of the volunteers who drove all around the city to cheer us on over the 2 days and the generosity of others, donating to support me and the cause all highlighted the good around a terrible disease. .
    Last year, I was amazed at all the donations I received, some from people I had never met, but who had been impacted by cancer. I hope that I can count again on your support this year as I walk on September 8th and 9th, 2012 in the Weekend to End Woman's Cancer
    Thank you!

Anita

If you cannot make this tournament to support this cause and would like to donate on behalf of Anita you can do so by going her webpage here.
    http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Toro...
    REMEMBER WE ALL HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IF NOT MORE....WIFE, MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER, SISTER, SISTER IN-LAW, NEICE, GIRLFRIEND
    Hopefully you can play,

Regards,

Greg Hartwick

Prize Pool:

3-9 Players:
    1st (70%) 2nd (30%)
    10-27 Players
    1st (50%) 2nd (30%) 3rd (20%)
    28-36 Players
    1st (46%) 2nd (27%) 3rd (17%) 4th (10%)
    37-45 Players
    1st (42%) 2nd (25%) 3rd (15%) 4th (11%) 5th (7%)
    46-54 Players
    1st (40%) 2nd (23%) 3rd (13%) 4th (11%) 5th (8%) 6th (5%)
    The amount depends on how many players are in the tournament and will be announced before the tournament starts.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    PM sent

Thanks John, you are on the guest list!!
  • fwiw this was a really fun event last year.

Even with the cut for the charity, first place was still almost 2k!
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    fwiw this was a really fun event last year.

Even with the cut for the charity, first place was still almost 2k!

Sick brag! Have you ever used the paintball passes?
  • IN! Hoping for a better finish than last year.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    IN! Hoping for a better finish than last year.

Great! Sign up on the opt website
    Great! Sign up on the opt website

He already has
  • 32 players signed up. 8 spots open
  • Can I make a donation just for the charity portion?

Would be happy to donate a buyin/addon and rebuy towards the walk!
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Can I make a donation just for the charity portion?

Would be happy to donate a buyin/addon and rebuy towards the walk!

you can donate here Shar.

The 2012 Toronto Shoppers Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's Cancers benefiting The Campbell Family Institute at The Princess Margaret: Ms. Anita Hartwick - The Weekend to End Women's Cancers
  • Thanks Steve.

Now just gotta find my paypal pw!
  • 34 Players signed up, 6 spots open. This will be a sell out for sure by July so sign up quick!
  • waitlist for now pls till i confirm with my warden...

shud be good tho but something tells me i shud chk first. Will let u know fo sure in the coming weeks. thx
  • MCflip73 wrote: »
    waitlist for now pls till i confirm with my warden...

shud be good tho but something tells me i shud chk first. Will let u know fo sure in the coming weeks. thx

remind the Warden that you are doing this to help raise money for Womans Cancer's. No way she can refuse you. :)
  • Bump.

So we are already at 40 players, however i have done some math, and i'm pretty sure that i can get 5 tables comfortably into my basement. So i'm now opening this up to 50 players. I have also started getting some donated prizes in that will be mixed into the prize pools. So far i have

- Blue Jay tickets
    - Pass for Sgt. Splatters Paintball
    - Pass for Wasaga Beach Paintball Adventure

More prizes to come, i've got some pretty cool stuff in the works
  • So we are now at 50 players signed up with 4 on the waiting list.

If you are interested in playing please sign up. You know how it is, as the event gets closer there will always be some players who have to back out, so players on the waiting list are more then likely going to get in.
  • If we are not able to make the tournament, but would like to sponsor (i.e. make a donation), is this an option? Thanks.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    If we are not able to make the tournament, but would like to sponsor (i.e. make a donation), is this an option? Thanks.

Yes

There is a link in post #3 of this thread, if you wish to donate and you cannot make it.
  • Updating the additional prizes that have been donated so far. As those of you who played last year know the prizes are spread out among the tourney to sweeten the pot.

-Blue Jay Tickets
    -Sgt. Splatter Paintball all inclusive pass for 4
    -Wasaga Beach Paintball all inclusive pass for 4
    -Hockley Valley Golf
    -Signed swag from a bunch of the Deepstack Tour Pros

+ more to come
  • can i ship you some on stars for a donation?
  • costanza wrote: »
    can i ship you some on stars for a donation?

Sure, p* crazykoby. You can also donate directly to my wife on her link
    Sure, p* crazykoby. You can also donate directly to my wife on her link

will do, thx
  • Greg...,

Will have 2 pull out of this one. Sorry!

Michael
  • Holy fack, I totally forgot about this also. Sorry guys, I will also have to bail.
  • Greg are you still in Vegas? I still have the parka we discussed last week, and can bring it to the Hill tonight. Otherwise we can discuss drop off separately.
  • Friendly reminder that this event is coming up soon. If you have committed to going then please make sure that you show up. I have a waiting list of players that want to attent. If you pull a no show i loose the opportunity to have a player who wants to play, and i loose out on the charitable donation for the cause.

If anyone needs to know the address or directions please PM me.

And once again THANK YOU all for coming!!

P.S.

For those who have said that they can not attend but still wish to make a donation, you can do so at the following link.

The 2012 Toronto Shoppers Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's Cancers benefiting The Campbell Family Institute at The Princess Margaret: Ms. Anita Hartwick - The Weekend to End Women's Cancers

If this does not work for you PM me and we can make arrangements to get your donation another way.
  • This is just a week and a bit away. Here is a list of the current donated prizes that will be won on top of the cash prizes

-Blue Jay Tickets
    -Sgt. Splatter Paintball all inclusive pass for 4
    -Wasaga Beach Paintball all inclusive pass for 4
    -Hockley Valley Golf for 2 including cart
    -Signed swag from a bunch of the Deepstack Tour Pros
    -Rock and Chalk 1 hour climbing lesson and day pass
    -1000 pc. NHL poker chip set

Plus more to come

Please remember if you have signed up to come and can not make it, please, please, please adjust your status so those on the waiting list can get in.