Superbowl Sunday 2012

2»

Comments

• 800OVER wrote: »
    Anyone wanna take a straightup bet for $5-10 just for fun? i got the pats.

Booked.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Booked.

Cool.
    You want $5 or $10? I'm hedging my bets. I hate the Pats. I figure if they lose I'll be happy to pony up the bet....if they win at least I made some $
  • The consensus in our house is "Go Giants" because according to my wife "Fuck Tom Brady, that's why."
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Cool.
    You want $5 or $10? I'm hedging my bets. I hate the Pats. I figure if they lose I'll be happy to pony up the bet....if they win at least I made some $

$10.

Live or P*?
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    The consensus in our house is "Go Giants" because according to my wife "Fuck Tom Brady, that's why."

My wife would like too :(
  • Larue took first points of the game as a safety for $50 at 125/1 and was getting mocked for it.

Christ how good does he run.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Larue took first points of the game as a safety for $50 at 125/1 and was getting mocked for it.

Christ how good does he run.

Holy cow that's some nice #rungood.
  • One of my predictions did not come true.
  • Explain...watched there last 4 games of season they were a whole new team from beginning of season. Knew they would blow out atl, atl was on a pure down swing going into playoffs. Giants had great D against greenbay, anyone can change saying the played great D to greenbays offence didnt play well, however Ill give the credit to the giants. SF vs Giants was a great game, No way you can say they were lucky in that game. Both teams played great resulting in one of the best late game defensive battle Ive seen in awhile.

But im all for hearing how they are lucky to be there :D

First of all, they need a miracle comeback against Dallas to even be in the playoffs. Then a fumbled punt by SF in overtime to give them that game on a silver platter.

Need I go on?
  • Bit of a downer so far.
  • TD NY

That safety is huge now
  • Milo wrote: »
    Giants 20 - 16.

WOW . . . I was pretty damn close.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    First of all, they need a miracle comeback against Dallas to even be in the playoffs. Then a fumbled punt by SF in overtime to give them that game on a silver platter.

Need I go on?

Clearly you didnt read my post. I said a strip in OT isnt LUCK, isnt hunger for the football. If you think these plays are luck, then how much of football is based on luck from your standards?
  • Im pumped for the game tonight. Did a playoff pool and have it sealed as had the giants and pats in the finals :D. I put a 4 figure bet on the giants +4.5. Also bet on coin toss, bradshaw to get a touchdown, no team to score in final 2 minutes on the 1st half, and a couple other games. Figured since I wasnt grinding today Id bet half of what Id normally spend in buyins haha.
    Will be drinking beer and rye. Eating wings, spinach dip, nachos! and probably some other unhealthy stuff. HAPPY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!

Well got lucky with the bradshaw TD :D but won 2 out of 4 bets. The 2 bigger ones too :D
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    $10.

Live or P*?

Live....I've got you in my book!
  • Clearly you didnt read my post. I said a strip in OT isnt LUCK, isnt hunger for the football. If you think these plays are luck, then how much of football is based on luck from your standards?

Honestly, that play never happens if the other muffed punt doesn't happen first. I just don't see how the Giants would have driven against that 49ers D. They just didn't have it in them if they didn't start from inside the 30 yard line. However, they still earned the win. They worked hard, caught the breaks and made others happen.

As for tonight, they did it just like the last time. Keep it close till the 4th quarter and out work them. Well done. Earned me an extra $5 :)